Re-downloading old updates

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by VoodooVyper, Mar 3, 2009.

1. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    I'm sure somebody probably posted about this before, or maybe not, but I didn't know which keywords to use when searching for it.

Anywho, how come I'm always finding updates in the AppStore on my Touch that I've already downloaded? Is this common? Sometimes I'll have 17 new updates dated as far back as January, then when I close the AppStore and reopen, they are gone. Is there an resolve to this?

2. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
    Just out of curiosity do you have all 9 pages filled up on your I-touch too?

I've been seeing this more often lately. I think this maybe related to having more than 9 screen full of apps.

3. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I only have one and a half pages and it still does it to me, I just delete said app and re-download and it stops.

4. rhcpdrummer

rhcpdrummer Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    i got this problem too its annoying as hell

i updated puzzle quest, free translation, jaadu vnc, pocket god, labyrinth, and textropolis 2 weeks ago

and like randomly the updates will repopup with the number on the top right corner of the app but wen i click the app, it says its already installed

its kinda pissing me off but theres nothing i can do about it so... watever

5. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    No, at the moment I have 9 pages but not full, but this has happened even with 4 or 5 pages.

Well atleast I'm not the only one.

6. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Input

I've been having issues with these false updates too. Lately on my Touch it will say 12+ updates or on iTunes as well and they do have the update button on them all (on iTunes) but I know they are all previously downloaded updates. Noticed some with pending updates will have an icon but without an update button till its ready to be downloaded but will show up prior to this when downloading other updates.
    Recommend you don't download any that you've already updated previously because I decided to download an already previously updated game once to see what happens. Game was my Low Gravity Racer and it wiped out all my previous races and was just like a newly downloaded game.
    My only solution is to close out of my applications window on iTunes and reopen. Sometimes it takes a few times to get it to refresh to a clean slate or to have the real update games stay only. I close out completely on Touch and might take a few times to do as well.
    Man.....iTunes needs to be revamped bad.

7. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    It's hapenning with all 3 of the ipods in my household. Very annoying.

8. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    this happens to me also........and then itunes on my computer makes me re-download them for my computer

9. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    I have the same problem and more than that, my iTunes refuses to update any of my apps. It keeps telling me that there are no updates. So Im forced to update using my iPhone (which keeps giving me old updates). Its a vicious cycle!

10. dazed66

dazed66 Member

Jan 11, 2009
    i have a similar, but different problem. Let's say I am out and about, and I see an update available. I decide to not update because I am not on the Wifi network. Once I get home and want to update, I go back to the app store, tap on the update icon, wait for a few seconds, and it will tell me that all my apps are updated. I know there are updates, but it is not letting me. I have to wait for a day or so for the updates will show back up again before I can update. It is not a major deal, but just annoying.

11. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    I see the old updates too but they say already installed so I don't have to reinstall them. It is annoying because it would be nice to actually get a NEW update red indicator instead one for old ones.

12. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    I have the same prob. Occasionally, it will want to update to old versions of random apps. A reboot seems to fix this problem right away. I only have 5 pages of stuff btw.