RC Plane Explorer - Procedural RC Plane Sim

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by FrozenPepper, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrozenPepper

FrozenPepper Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Happy to introduce the soon coming RC Plane Explorer (title still temporary, open to suggestions).
    We have been hard at work to complete a proprietary procedural scenario engine (a very experimental version of it was used in Endless Drive), and we are now ready to announce an RC Plane game built around it.
    Users will pick and customise "biomes" in the main menu and will be able to generate as many scenarios they want to.
    Game is built around free flight with some exploration gameplay, score will be granted for revealing parts of the map, discovering animal species that populate the biomes and finding some "secret coins" scattered across the scenario.
    All plane purchases are shared with RC Plane 3 thanks to our account system, so planes purchased in RC Plane 3 will be immediately available in RC Plane Explorer (and vice versa).
    One of the main advantages new terrain engine brings is a greatly reduce install size and improved performances. (install size will be around 75% less than that of RC Plane 3 while preserving the same number of vehicles and bringing possibly infinite scenarios.

Signature physics simulation, arcade mode, customisable wind and time of day from RC Plane 3 are all available in RC Plane Explorer !

Here a very first preview video :

Will probably soon setup a poll so that you can help us decide the final game title, but in the meantime more than open to suggestions !

Techzamazing and adin like this.
  2. Brianwig

Brianwig Member

Jun 23, 2012
    This sounds really good! I'm dying to have a Pilot Wings style game. Free flight and exploration is what I'm looking for in a game like this!

adin and FrozenPepper like this.
  3. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    Ooh this sounds awesome! I love all the games by y’all I started playing your games like 7 years ago on my moms iPhone and played the first to plane and remembered the simplistic fun and then the sequel came and I played it all the time on my iPod. Eventually I got my own iPhone 6s+
    And played endless drive and now I’m getting a iPhone X and I’m gonna play this

FrozenPepper likes this.
  4. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    Hope you are going to like the final game ! Exploration and simple and "relaxing" free flying where among the main goals for the project. We will also have a global "explorer" leaderboard which will keep track of every square meter of scenario explored (being able to generate as many as you want makes it virtually infinite) and every "little "secret" discovered across the procedurally generated scenarios.

Huge thanks for the kind words ! Very much appreciated, pure high octane fuel to our work. Hope you will enjoy the game. (and we have some other "surprises" that we will hopefully announce soon)

By the way, we are beginning some Test Flight beta testing of RC Plane Explorer, so if interested email us at [email protected] with info about your iOs devices and AppStore email address.

5. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    As we are getting closer to release, here a few cool screenshots from the latest version of the game :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Cooper04 likes this.
  6. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Awesome! I have a idea, so I’m sure some cool planes will cost so you could make us watch like 30 ads or something and we could keep the plane?

7. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    Hi Cooper04, RC Plane Explorer is the first in the RC series which will allow you "test" a purchasable plane by watching a reward video. Hope you will enjoy it.

Cooper04 likes this.
  8. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    That’s great! Real happy about that, cause I don’t get that big of a allowance

9. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    Cooper04 likes this.
  10. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    FrozenPepper likes this.
  11. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    I keep trying to launch it but it just crashes. It shouldn’t be my device since I have a iPhone X

FrozenPepper likes this.
  12. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    Great thanks for your report and sorry for the issue. Looking into it now. First and only suggestion I have at the moment it to try restarting your device.

13. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    I did that and I also deleted it and reinstalled it. I’ll try it on my iPad mini 4 to see if it might be a model specific glitch

14. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    So I tested it on my iPad and it actually
    Launched and it’s fun. I just wanted to tell you guys I’m pretty sure it’s iPhone X only glitch

FrozenPepper likes this.
  15. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    Great thanks !
    Now trying to understand what is happening on iPhone X .
    PM me your in-game username and we will unlock a little thank you gift for you.

Cooper04 likes this.