Universal RC Plane Explorer (by FrozenPepper)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by FrozenPepper, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    #21 Asp, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    Thanks for the further update. Good to see all the improvements being made.

Drones and quadcopters:
    I can access the settings menu without the previous crashes. They are also uncovering the map which wasn’t happening before. They are better to fly now, especially helpful for locating coins.
    There is one small issue outstanding which I hadn’t mentioned before. It is not possible to select an airstrip from the scenario menu when using a drone, and this also results in problems with the ‘spanner’ reset function after landing.

P51 Mustang:
    Looks better now with the all its wheels.

Ventus glider:
    Thanks for fixing the variometer which seems to be working perfectly. I hate to complain but won’t let that stop me - the audio signal is really LOUD! I have to turn the iPad volume down so much that I then can’t hear the wind noise, (which is useful feeback for judging airspeed). Please consider turning it down by about 50%.
    The update list mentioned improved thermal performance. I was hoping that would mean it would be possible for the glider to soar on the thermals, which I haven’t been able to do to any significant degree, even with the windspeed set to maximum. It just seems that the rate of descent is slightly slower. True thermal soaring would make for an interesting challenge in trying to stay aloft and avoiding the descending air currents. I realise this would alter the flight timing dynamic compared with the other aircraft but it seems a pity to have this atmospheric model and not be able to make better use of it.

FrozenPepper likes this.
  2. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    And - please also consider a separate button to turn off the engine, seeing as it’s the only way to stop a plane after landing. It is almost impossible to steer once on the ground or water without inadvertently restarting the engine and having the plane speed up again.

3. FrozenPepper

FrozenPepper Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Hi Asp, thanks as usual for the precious feedback.
    About the glider, might need to tweak the parameters, but you can currently encounter thermal currents strong enough for true thermal soaring, I'm attaching a screenshot of a fast test I did with current version, notice the altitude, I started from 400mts (simple mode), found a strong enough thermal current and slowly climbed to >1200mt just via thermal soaring.
    Update fixing the variometer volume coming in the next few days, definitely needs to be tweaked ASAP, thanks for pointing it out.

Attached Files:

4. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Thanks for the information and photo. Useful to know. Will search out some stronger thermals.

FrozenPepper likes this.
  5. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    New update incoming ! We fixed/tweaked/improved terrain generation and added some cool image effects for devices that can support them. We have also added a cool "Photo Studio" mode which will freeze time and allow users to rotate the camera, tweak and select image effects (instagram style) and then save or share high res screenshot.
    Here a fast example :
    [​IMG]

Asp likes this.
  6. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    Happy to write that after way to long, a new update for RC Plane Explorer is now available on the AppStore which should fix crash at launch problems on some devices and add support for all newly released device models.
    Update also brings 2 new planes, performance improvements and various bug fixes !