Raystorm

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Issac, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    So I have poked around on the web, and I couldn't find out whether Raystorm has a virtual d-pad or not. I'm not really fond of touch control for shmups. Anyone :confused: Thank you :)

2. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Touch only I think, just opened the game and couldnt find a dpad option, the game is very good though. If you like a shmup with dpad option check Balzing Star by SNK, its also very good but a little harder than RS in my opinion.

Hope it helps!

3. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Thank you! I actually got Blazing Star when it was released, and I love it. I also already have a version of Raystorm on the Playstation2, but I like the idea of having it on my iPod. Also, I miss the arrange version of the PSX release, which is what I am presuming the 'iPhone mode' is.

But sadly, I just don't like swipe control as much. Once again, though, thank you for the response!

4. Hope they make this universal someday. Seems like such a waste to comeout and be iphone only.

Anyway, it's a good think Blazing star came out, it's great!

5. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Yes, Blazing Star is the bee kness. Though... I was wondering how RS would look on an iPad in 2x mode? It seems to have really nice z-buffering going on - it looks better than the actual arcade did, so I'm guessing that it would scale somewhat decently.

Good day!