Universal RAYSTORM (by TAITO)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jun 21, 2012.

1. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    Sorry you got the uncompleted post lol the dang submit reply button is very close the the keyboard in the TA app. I was really concerned mostly about the battery consumption due to my 9 hour car ride haha

2. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    honestly, I really, really wish they would release this on 3DS, would buy in 1 second-

3. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Im downloading this now, I got Rayforce on sale and really liked it! After this Im inevitably getting Dariusburst as it seems the best of these three.

4. Yeah, let us know what you think of all three. I didn't realize this game wasn't universal until syntheticvoid said so, so dang, was going to buy this right away, but now, I dunno. Anyone play this game on an ipad?

I think dariusburst is universal, so maybe I'll get that instead.

Anyway, let us know your impressions of all three games if you can. Also on a sidenote, Buster Spirits came out by the makers of buster red, it is another old school shmup that is pretty cool.

5. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Played the first four levels and im hooked, its worth mentioning that I never played any of these games before so Nostalgia isnt a factor here and in both Rayforce and Raystorm ive only tried the Iphone mode so far but these are very polished shmups.

I liked the dual weapon/aiming mechanic very much and the visual, while slighty outdated, are still very good. Also its worth mentioning that they perfom very well even on my ipod touch 4.

Both this and Rayforce are the only things that have been capable of distracting me of the severe Pocket Planes addiction ive acquired in the past couple of days. Just bought Dariusburst, now im a fan of Taito for sure. Ill post impressions on that one later!

6. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Got the game!
    Runs excellent on my iTouch 4th gen
    Very happy I bought it
    It oozes quality:)

7. geremy

geremy Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    I'm going to wait a bit before getting this, but I will pick it up. Last time I bought Dariusburst at the same time as another Cave game (forgot which one), and never really got around to playing it seriously. Don't want that to happen again with BP2BL.

8. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I thought I heard this was going to be universal a while back. Very disappointing :(

9. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    like that sound

10. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Great 50% sale until January 7 together with Rayforce and DARIUSBURST SP and other Taito's games (for example Arkanoid and New Puzzle Bubble).

11. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Half off again. I'd jump if it was universal

12. It's alright, but kinda hard to play in 2x mode.

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Woah, big update

14. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks for the heads up! Downloading now. I wish Cave did the same with theirs...

15. Schnarf

Schnarf Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Could someone with the game post a screenshot or video to show off the graphics enhancements the update made? Do the store video and images represent the current graphics of the game?
    Thanks!

16. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Basically all the 3D models are sharp now, but the ground and building textures are as they always looked, so sorta blurry. It's definitely a big upgrade over how it looked before, though.

17. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Here you go, from the first level on my iPhone SE. Sorry I don't post more levels, gotta have some sleep ;)

Attached Files:

18. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Wow, they added controller support and Apple TV support. Most impressive.

19. kimzplaze

kimzplaze Member

Feb 24, 2017
    Wow.. i used to play this in the arcades

20. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Hey guys, is there a full screen mode now with the update? Can you get rid of the side borders? The release notes suggest you can. If so I'm buying!