Universal Rayman Fiesta Run - (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Nope, no powers or assists. So far I've used Rayman and 2 other characters and as far as I can tell they all have the same attributes.

The only problem I have with invaded 21 is right at the end when you have to bounce on the 3 cyclops. I can get there perfectly almost every time, but more often than not, that's where I fail.

2. -DeaDLocK-

-DeaDLocK- Member

May 30, 2012
    Okay I just got 100 lums for all levels (iPad). Played as Rayman all the way through, didn't use a single power up.

Agree 21 invaded was one of the harder ones, by contrast the last two levels are way too easy (level 36 was my level of choice to grind for enough lums to buy all the art and characters, because it is short and I can nail it every time).

The four time trial levels were also far easier than the equivalents in Jungle Run.

On another note, I have all gems in Jungle Run (installed and active on the iPad), but Fiesta didn't give me any bonus lums?

3. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013

How many hours did it take you to finish?

4. -DeaDLocK-

-DeaDLocK- Member

May 30, 2012
    Wasn't keeping count, but I'd guess around 6 or 7 hours.

One of the things I insist on with games like this is to never skip levels. I did the levels one at a time, the normal version followed immediately with the invaded version of each level, and I would not advance until I collected all lums for every level.

It's tempting to skip through the difficult levels, but by the time you are getting frustrated you have already learned most of what you need to know to complete it. If you skip it and come back to it again later, you will have forgotten and will need to waste time re-learning stuff.

You need to get all lums before the entire world map is opened up, so if you care about that, you know you're going to finish it at some point anyway, so you might as well do it now while the layout is still fresh in your mind.

But what I have found is that sometimes a break is useful. There were levels that I spent a good half an hour on, and then stopped due to frustration. After a few hours I pick it up again and aced it first time. It's almost as if the pressure to complete it makes you fail it over and over again.

Top tip: the glide feature is not needed in many levels. In these levels, the glide itself ruins your chances of completing it properly, so always ask yourself whether you really need to be gliding.

I love this game! Love how there is ZERO element of luck. It is 100% skill-based.

5. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Very impressive.

Can you list all of the MOST DIFFICULT levels so I can gauge which levels to leave last?

6. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    I'm curious. In paying through the entire game, how many ads did you see?

7. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Guys you seem to enjoy it so much! I still have the first one and want to get this one too but
    THAT DAMN UNIVERSITY NET!!!

8. -DeaDLocK-

-DeaDLocK- Member

May 30, 2012
    I cannot remember the specific level numbers.

Invaded 21 was definitely one of the tricky ones (but I only "remembered" it because I went to check out which level it was after seeing people talk about it here).

In general the ones with the projectile punch were the trickiest; there was one where IIRC you had to use the punch to hit three or four of those "pinata" things as they fell down at just the right time (lums burst out of them when you hit them).

The multi-layered levels with the teleporting mushrooms are fun - lums are often hidden and you have to be observant to find them.

The final time trial levels are a bit tricky, but very rewarding to get right.

A grand total of one time, when I clicked on one of the menu buttons. I was not at all bothered by it and did not realise it was a "problem" until I came on here.

9. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    It's not a problem, to me anyway...
    If they were more frequent they would be...
    I only asked so I knew if they increased their frequency later on in the game.

10. Gatada

Gatada Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Great level design, though I feel there is something slightly less fantastic about the visuals. I think maybe they went over-board so some anims and transitions are not perfect.

But love it. As expected: colorful, playful and happy.

11. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    One feature I really miss that jungle run has that Fiesta run doesn't is the next level button.
    I hate having to go through the menu and pick the next level each time.
    At the end of the level give me three choices:
    - visit map
    - replay level
    - next level

It only makes sense.
    It feels much more engaging to constantly be playing level-to-level without dealing with maps.

12. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    1 or 2 every few hours still there shouldn't be any or like you said have an IAP to remove them. ;)

13. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I honestly haven't had a single ad. I just bought it yesterday and have played off and on for at least 20 lvls.

14. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #174 y2kmp3, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
    OMG! After 6 hours playing the same level, I finally beat Level 21 Invaded (Fisty-cuffs!) with perfect 100 Lums using Rayman (no character substitute) with no Power-Ups (see screencap) and without backtracking (no back-flying to catch lums):

[​IMG]

Looking back, I still think that the glide control is glitchy and fails intermittently. I also believe that this is just a PLAINLY UNFAIR level for use with a touch-based control scheme. The level is so difficult that I only get a sense of relief when I finally finished it so that I can stop obsessing over it. For me, I fear that the fun factor left a long time ago.

I am now depressed. Hehe... :(

15. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I still haven't beaten Rayman Jungle Run. I played the demo of Rayman Legends today on Xbox and oh my god, it is like 500000 times better than Jungle Run.

16. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013

Fiesta Run is like 499999 times better than Jungle Run.

17. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Haha that would mean that Legends is 1x better than Fiesta Run, meaning they're the same

18. michaelfields

michaelfields Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Legends is fantastic. If you liked Origins you'll love Legends.

19. fdmstryct

fdmstryct Member

Sep 18, 2012
    How to save the last two teensies? I've done literally everything.

20. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Yeah I was trying to say he was wrong because legends is obviously better than fiesta run haha