Universal Rayman Fiesta Run - (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 6, 2013.

1. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Guys i just purchased it and wanna say its Awesome,you can run,jump,punch and select your character either Rayman or Globoxer :)

2. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    Shouldn't be any ads in the game knowing we all paid for it not cool at all. :(

3. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    How many lvls?

4. mintyray

mintyray Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    how bad is it though? maybe there's an IAP for that :rolleyes:

5. themostunclean

themostunclean Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    You get even more characters as you progress.

6. themostunclean

themostunclean Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    I've played for over 2 hours, not a single ad. I don't know why people have such a zero tolerance attitude towards this. "If there's a single ad, even one every 2 hours, I'm instantly deleting and giving a one star review!!!!"

C'mon. You paid a couple of bucks for a great game and it's only a studio promoting its own product. They're not getting paid to run the ads, unlike some other games.

7. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Ok I'm confused does the harder version of the lvl count as the 75 total lvls or not? Because if it don't then this game has 75 x2 amount of lvls...

8. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Contrary to some opinions here, I don't think using assist to show the "correct" path during practice run is a "cheat" as long as you have at least one run done without using ANY assist (including extra life, flying punch, etc.).

The nature of the game is trial and error, so you given enough trials, you will eventually find the correct paths. In the end, it is the timing and execution of the jumps that will ultimately determine if you succeed or not.

I actually believe that this assist is a great idea, allowing the game to be more accessible to gamers who are not diehard Rayman fans to have a chance to beat the game. This is particularly true for the invaded levels, some of which are ABSOLUTELY insanely difficult.

9. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Great game! I am very bad at these kind of games but luckily other levels are openen up even if you play far less than perfect, in that way even the lesser players can get the enjoyment of the game without playing a lvl over and over again before a new lvl is unlocked.

Two things I noticed : no iCloud save :-( . I think that is real shame and hope they will include it in the near future.
    The characters selection is very unresponsive , I often have to press multiple times before a character is selected. ( on my 4s)

10. christian@berzau.de

[email protected] New Member

Nov 30, 2012
    That's exactly my problem. If you don't stand up against developers focusing on getting your money instead of delivering a game I'm glad to pay for nothing will change. If you open your eyes you'll see where this is going.

11. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    #131 Lazer Kat, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    I understand your point, but if developers don't put IAPs and ads into their games then there is a real chance they won't make enough money to make the next game (which could be your game of the year).
    There needs to be a balancing act between fair to the players and fair to the devs. I think this game does a great job at finding that balance. I paid 3 bucks for a great, high-quality game. I will probably spend 20+ hours with it, and so far I've had ONLY two ads in four hours or so of gameplay. So in the ~4 hours I've spent enjoying this game-of-the-year contender (yes, it is THAT good), I've spent MAYBE two or three seconds exiting out of advertisements.

If two seconds out of 4 hours of gameplay is too much for you, then I don't know what to tell you...but missi this game because of these ads is not something any fan of the genre should do.

I've noticed a couple people requested refunds for this game, and even rated it 1-Star. I personally think that's taking things way too far.

12. michaelfields

michaelfields Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Wait so are the ads kind of like if you open jungle run and it pops up to tell you fiesta run is out? If so that doesn't bother me. From what I read I thought they were just random ads that people paid them to put in the game, hence me not buying it. The one when you first open jungle run doesn't bother me because it makes sense to let people know there's a sequel out who otherwise might not have known.

13. sgt slow

sgt slow Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Sgt.
    USA
    pause at price

looks amazing, but i'm on the fence about the $2.99. that's just enough to give me pause. i think my kids would love this tho :p

14. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Despite the complaints about ads (which I've only seen TWICE), this is an absolute bargain at $2.99.

15. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    They are full page ads between levels, that you have to 'x' out of, for the companies other titles (not jungle run).
    Again, I've got two now in 4+ hours...so they really aren't intrusive.

16. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Bought the game, it's great never played the first one.

17. Brinkman

Brinkman Well-Known Member

Love the game but they seriously need to remove the ads and add a way to turn off the item purchases before each level. Stop getting in the way of the gameplay Ubi and don't be so freak'n greedy.

18. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I'm very much tempted as I loved the original, but I never beat it. Though it has no relation to this one, I probably should hold off for a bit.

19. lr1919

lr1919 Active Member

Nov 9, 2011
    I've played though quite a few levels, and no ads... What is everyone talking about?

20. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    They are VERY few and far between.