Universal Rayman Fiesta Run - (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Then this probably isn't for him...but it may be worth a try. One thing we can all agree on, I think, is this game is awesome.

2. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    So are there enemies you can punch/jump on to defeat or is it mainly just jumping from platform to platform while collecting items?

3. christian@berzau.de

[email protected] New Member

Nov 30, 2012
    I reported to Apple to get back my money. I won't pay full price and still get Ads. Sorry Ubisoft but that wasn't necessary.

4. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Sorry I haven't got the game and won't be able to download until next week?? What do you mean by adds???

5. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Nah, he just need to grow up. It has 1 ad when you launch the app for the first time. Is the only time I've seen it so far.

6. p2w

p2w Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Ads in premium game? I maybe just stay in first episode :-/

7. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I watched much of Sanuku's video, when he went to the main menu late in the game there was a full screen ad for Clash of Clans. So it's not just when the game is launched the first time.

Also, there's always a chance that it has some ads now that it could have many more later since the ads are already built into the game.

8. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    yes, same here. Hope I won't see it again.

9. sink_or_swim

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    are you serious? Haven't watched sanukus video. Oh man I will definitely ask for a refund if this happens again. I hope it's just a mistake or something and they fix it

10. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    There are baddies galore

11. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    #91 Lazer Kat, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
    Requesting a refund, and rating a GREAT game 1-Star because of one add an hour?
    Wow. Just do yourself a favor, be sure to delete the game from your device once you receive the refund,
    Surely you have no need for it.

12. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I typically hate ads of any kind, particularly in a paid game, but I still haven't seen one. And if it's just one an hour or so, for a game of this quality at just $2.99, I'm absolutely fine with that. It's not like it's a banner ad during gameplay or worse. And has to really infrequent if I still haven't seen one (and yes I've been playing with WiFi).

13. jaggi

jaggi Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2013
    I've had 3 full screen ads so far. Very disappointing. But the game is so good!

14. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    #94 nightc1, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
    I don't like just posting something that controversial, so I went back to the video and it's at 18:00 mark. He's going through the art gallery unlocking pictures and then goes back to the main menu and bam, and urgent news ad pops on the screen with Clash of Heroes on it. So it was not an ad not for Clash of Clans but another Ubisoft game, Might & Magic Clash of Heroes. Maybe not the worst kind of advertising the ole cross promotion gig, but still, not what I would expect to see too often in a paid game... especially since you access the gallery and other features are accessed from the title screen.

15. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    "Congratulations, you have been awarded 4,900 Lums for your performance in Rayman Jungle Run."

Well, cheers. :cool:

I had one ad come up when I first launched the game, nothing since. Been playing roughly 4-5 hours.

16. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Did they remove the iCloud sync in this one? Swapped between iPhone and iPad a lot on the first one - it looks gorgeous on Retina iPad, but I couldn't resist playing on the train. Looks like I'm going to have to pick a device on this one. Shame.

17. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    That sucks if they did. It was one game where iCloud was consistently reliable. Deleted and reinstalled the game numerous times and always kept my progress.

18. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    The inclusion of IAP and ads in an otherwise slick package is pathetic. Seriously Ubisoft? Of all games... This was the closest to full console experience as it gets, until I saw the plus symbol beside my coins. IAP is a Cancer upon portable gaming.

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    The ads may be questionable but anyone who needs to use the IAPs has to be incredibly pathetic. You earn a ton of gold in levels and, so far, I see no need to even spend it. There's power-ups for things like extra lives. But the game loses it's sense of any challenge if you get them (and you only really should need any - if at all - on the infected levels opened up after perfecting a level).

So these, IMO, are very unintrusive IAPs.

The ads are another issue, but I don't think they're bad either.

20. sink_or_swim

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Where are the race levels? I see 4 leaderboards on gc, I played ~20 levels but there's nothing :confused: