Universal Rayman Fiesta Run - (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 6, 2013.

1. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #181 y2kmp3, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
    I am having a lot of trouble pulling off a move whereby after a running jump-kick you need to immediately transition to a long glide. I was able to execute the jump-kick, but when I try to glide immediately, Rayman ALWAYS drops in altitude (cannot maintain the height that Rayman was at when the kick was just finished) and frequently hits a hazard just below it. An example of this is in Level 24 invaded. In that level, there is one after a swing (and kick to clear the ice blocks) and one near the end jumping out of water (and kick to clear the ice blocks). In both cases, you need to do a jump-kick and then immediate glide, but I can't get to glide to keep the same starting height.

I eventually managed to beat the level, but it was a fluke so I want to know what I did wrong.

Help!

2. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Finished the first one, all lums collected, now onto this one :D

3. Dimi375

Dimi375 New Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Hi together,

i play all levels and i collect all lums, but i can't select the last level of the game. Can someone help? Is this a bug?

Trank you

4. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Is Rayman Fiesta Run easier than Rayman Jungle Run?

5. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    From what I've heard, no

6. ineptidude

ineptidude Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Trees
    USA
    Glitched on me :( I beat the last level earlier though so it's not a big deal

Attached Files:

7. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Nicely done, ineptidude (what a strange alias, though)?

Which level was glitched? Which levels did you find to be most difficult?

8. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

I've finished every level at 100%. It was definitely harder than Jungle Run but better in every way.

9. fdmstryct

fdmstryct Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Anyone?

10. ineptidude

ineptidude Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Trees
    USA
    I'm a Rayman veteran. I didn't have difficulties. But as you can see I have all the crowns which means all the teensies are saved yet the last level just kinda disappeared along with the last two teensies in the road. I already beat that level earlier though when I first unlocked it so it's not a big deal to me. Also it means that there's no hidden teensies as it worked just fine at one point, just an odd bug that inhibits access to the last level after some sort of error occurs

11. Gatada

Gatada Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Not easier, but different. E.g. some levels now have depth, several layers with gameplay - you have to take that into consideration when running.

I think the whole game is brilliant. A fantastic Followup. Highly recommended!

12. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #192 y2kmp3, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    For a Rayman novice who is not familiar with the series's design philosophy, I find some of the levels in Rayman Feista Run to be simply and plainly unfair.

An example is Level 38, with the aptly named level name (Leap of Faith). The entire level can't be completed by "reacting" to incoming obstacles as in typical platformers. The path in the entire level just appears within millisecs ahead of your character, which is far too short for you to react to no matter how dexterous you are. In fact, many of the moves require a lead time to kick in so that you actually need to start your move long BEFORE the obstacles ahead of you appear in position. The whole level becomes a "blinded" rhythm game because you are just tapping on the screen at a pre-memorized timed manner. Though I managed to beat the level in the end, the experience is very unsatisfying.

13. fdmstryct

fdmstryct Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Well, this is why it's called 'Leap of Faith'. :D

14. ridiculocity

ridiculocity Member

Jan 28, 2013
    I installed this on iOS 6.1.2 worked great then updated to 7.0.3 and it just crashes to springboard... Lame

15. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Finally managed to finish all of the levels with all 72 lums and all 4 time trials under the dreaded 1:00:00 min (particularly for Level 40) threshold.

My tapping finger is so sore now.... ;)

As tight as the tap control is relative to other games with similar mechanic, I still think that there is an intermittent glitch registering prolonged tap to glide after a jump-kick. In addition, the "relative" time gap you need to leave between these two maneuvers seems to differ from level to level. For some levels the gap you need to leave is very short, whereas for other levels the gap you need to leave is longer. The inconsistency is rather arbitrary.

Two of the time trials (Leap of Faith and Breath of Death) are just absurdly difficult. The jumps you need to do in Breath of Death are so quick that you basically need to memorize the pattern and timing and just execute them blindly.

Notwithstanding these issues, I agree that the game is superior to Rayman Jungle Run. Brilliant (absolutely brillant) level design and gorgeous artwork. This is a prototypic game that is genuinely easy to pick up but extremely difficult to master.

16. echode

echode Member

Nov 21, 2012
    My game crashes everytime i complete level 13 at 100%.
    Please fix it !

17. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    For a game of this quality and obvious attention for detail, I find it a bit strange that there is no iCloud save ( jungle run had it from the start) it is almost as they did not quite finis this part, because there is a profile option , but more then erase all data can't be done. I hope they will include it in a future update.

18. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    Great game flat out amazing

19. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I agree I want to play on my iPad at home and my iPhone at work.

20. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    After updating i recieve 6300 Lums.

The description says i recieve 6300 because of my performance in Rayman Jungle Run.