Universal Rayman Adventures (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 10, 2015.

1. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I bought the first two games Day 1 at full price. I enjoyed Jungle Run.

I found Fiesta Run a bit annoying with the addition of the consumable boosts you could choose at the start of each level.

I'm not even going to download this after what I've read about the F2P implementation.

I'm going to go find a decent premium platformer instead and buy that. Probably Adventures of Pip.

2. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Seems like a runner to me .

3. ZeroVoid

ZeroVoid Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Anyone else have their profile country set as France? Any idea how to change it? I'm definitely not in France.

4. Fep52

Fep52 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ugh, consumable IAPs. Loved the first two games; this one is a huge disappointment. The presentation is top notch and the levels flow beautifully, but it would be impossible for a perfect Lum run without using the companions, which require consumables for repeat runs.

I would have happily paid for a full game unlock.

Reluctantly deleted.

5. stelluhreyesthis

stelluhreyesthis Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2014
    Run on sentences before going to sleep

Gameplay is GREAT, played on my Apple TV only as of right now and other than the scratch off tickets witch don't really work and get stuck as if you can't swipe certain parts of the ticket all of the gameplay is perfect. My big issue with the game is obviously the f2p integration, I absolutely don't want to get involved with it. If your a fan of the game on console playing this is going to feel like a weird control version of its console counterparts, but it's good enough that you can get used to it. What you definitely won't be able to get used to is not being able to get a perfect run because of the weird iap system that isn't straightforward enough but is lurking in the background at all times with these weird consumable creatures that you need more and more as you progress through the game. I don't hate f2p, but they were so close with this game and the presence of it here just increases my disappointment, makes me just want to go back and play it on console again

6. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I have purchased the two first Rayman and the first I believe is better than the second. Now this is a mess. F2P again (f*** !!!!) and the controls with the swipe and all these methods are very awkward to play. The first two had great control which were auto runners but somehow a platform too. This one is a platform but it's too unplayable in my opinion and apparently you will face a paywall in the future. The graphics are very good though but I don't even mind if you need an always internet connection to progress your game.

Deleted.

7. PsYcHoNoVa

PsYcHoNoVa Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    
    I'm highly enjoying this game.

8. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    Couldn't have said it better myself. It's quite good.

9. Really great one! Mobile platforms need more games like this. Thanks!

10. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I will give it another go, because this is the only game on my device now, so if I want to play something it has to be this and it has Some fun levels gotta say that.

11. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Amazing game. I love it. Yes it is f2p but i have not seen any intrusive iaps till now

12. adansantos

adansantos Well-Known Member

May 29, 2013
    So for a game that´s been soft launched for weeks, even months, it is buggy as hell.

On iPhone 6S and 6 it freezes when you start downloading the additional content. On iPad air it is working but crashes often.

Anyone else having these issues?

13. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

14. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Regardless of complaints I'm reading I am enjoying this. And we knew how it was going to be this time anyways. So I wasn't expecting full premium experience. I did pick up the first Bundle Pack as well got the Android version for my kids. And we're all enjoying it for what it is. We have the Wii U version that is very premium and I of course purchased the previous 2 and loved them on both iOS and Android. Sucks when things change sometimes sure. But it's also nice to have more Rayman at a quality level as well.

I did have some issues downloading the extra content on the first go round. Once I allowed it download over Data I was fine. And have enough to allow it. But otherwise this game gets my nod for sure. I play a lot of games. Mostly premium and on multiple platforms. I'm happy to see teams like this still thriving no matter what avenue they have to compete on in order to stay in the game.

15. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    The F2P isn't horrible, some of the lum levels require that you use those beasties but meat to wake them up is handed out frequently.

My gripe with the game is that the level design is kind of bland, they're all just pretty boring. Everything looks wonderful, but the action doesn't click.

(Another thing, on the soft launch I had zero technical issues but now I frequently experience slow-down on my iPad Air running iOS 9.)

Anyway, this makes me wonder why we couldn't have a port of Rayman Origins/Legends or why at least the music levels from Legends aren't included. A real pity. This game and other 2D platformers have proved it can be done with a combination of virtual buttons and swipes.

16. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #56 Matt33, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    I might've overlooked a solution within the level to get hidden groups of Lums without being damaged, but it seemed to me that I was forced to use 2 red protection creatures to avoid being killed by lava in order to get them, after I had to use the creatures that point out secrets to even know where they were (false walls above lava where you definitely wouldn't think to try and go because you would die...)

The level I'm speaking of is the searching level (blue magnifying glass) in Adventure 5, the first adventure in Olympus Maximus. If this means nothing because the levels are random, it's the one with 4 sections throughout the level that take you into hidden rooms with special walls you have to attack to turn the room in order to reveal the guys you have to rescue.

Has anyone played this level and gotten those Lums without having to use the creature? Or is this an example of creatures being necessary to get the max points required in a level type other than Lum collecting?

17. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    Very boring experience for me.
    Crashes a lot on my iPad Air, to the point that is becoming unplayable
    Erased for now, I'll give another try after some fixes

18. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    #58 lena, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    I agree. It's quite disconcerting to play a Rayman game that looks so much like Origins/Legends but plays just like a generic platformer. I realize that as a Rayman fan I'm probably NOT the target audience for this game, which makes sense but is also really strange. (It's possible I haven't given it enough time and the level design opens up later on).

Oh that's a great idea!

19. G.R.

G.R. Active Member

Mar 19, 2012
    I wanted to like this...but I don't. They really messed up with the level design. I played a bit but I was bored.

20. vanpome

vanpome Member

Feb 23, 2015
    its a cool game in general

I think the game is pretty nice though comparing to lots of other IAP out there. You dont have to pay a bunch of money to play the game so your wallet is safe for now. the money thing is not so ubiquitous. In fact level design is shorten to fit nowadays mobile experience (UX), majority of people are playing mobile on a relatively short session thats why the developers have to make it shorter. People please! you got a free wonderful game to play without depending too much on IAP and still complaining , common, the developers have been very nice here.