Universal Rayman Adventures (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 10, 2015.

1. ineptidude

ineptidude Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Trees
    USA
    My god I don't think there's a cap to these progress-impeding timers.

[​IMG]

2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#22 killercow, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
    Well after playing 10 adventures here are my thoughts:

Graphically the game is even more amazing than the previous ones! The gameplay is better now that you can go back and explore every nook and cranny of the levels, some secrets are well hidden too. The currencies available are gems and food, both of which you can gain in-game quite easily. The food is used to wake up creatures but you'll only need them in lum levels.

This is where it starts to get tricky. You can't really three star those levels unless you enlist the aid of a lum creature. That's the first impact of the F2P aspect of the game. There's plenty of food given though so this hasn't been a problem thus far.

The timers for hatching the eggs are quite painful and they'll stop you from playing (which is always dumb).

I'm also afraid that some of the levels are randomly generated (because there's no real map or sense of progression). It might end up being one of those games where you end up being level 200 and all levels look and feel the same. That would be such a shame given how handcrafted everything felt in the previous games.

I don't really know how I feel about it right now but it's definitely good. It's a shame that those F2P elements get in the way then.

3. aeschylus72

aeschylus72 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2012
    this blocking of my playing unless I spend gems to hatch a egg is the daftest decision, they need to drop that please, as I am effectively forced to either stop playing or spend gems

4. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

This is off topic l, I haven't played the game yet, but Ubisoft's F2P model tends to be waaaay less aggressive than other said developers.

5. Guys, maybe it's just for the soft launch, like Hitman did. I don't see Ubi make a Rayman F2P game. Both previous entries did great.

Now to Ubi devs, i have a problem, i can't play the game anymore because of some servers issue, can you help ?

6. ineptidude

Apr 22, 2013
    Trees
    USA
    Ok phew the timer caps out at 8 hours. That was worrying me. But playing new levels three times a day for free seems pretty good especially since I'm starting to see repeats.

7. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Hey! When's the soft launch gonna be done so we can all get our hands on it?!

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #28 psj3809, Jul 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    Presume in 25 minutes at midnight. Heard its out properly in NZ now so we should get it soon

Edit - perhaps not !

9. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Okay I didn't understand what everyone was talking about in terms of timers ruining gameplay here as no one really explained it in a simple way. Now that I cleared about 6 adventures I understand what the issue is. Take into account the only time I needed to use any creature abilities was the lum levels as they are almost impossible to get a perfect on without a sniffle creature (creates an aura around you that magnetizes slums). The other level types I've been perfectly fine without creatures. Here's the main problem with the IAP in this game:

1. No connected overworld, only small instances with 3-5 levels each called an adventure. Once you complete an adventure you can move on, however the catch is once you leave the instance you can't return to it to 100% it, you simply move on to a new one.

2. Every so often you'll find an egg which once hatched after a certain time will give you a creature that grants you a bonus effect during levels. You can only incubate one egg at a time.

3. The main issue is the adventures are short and the egg timers are long, so you could be incubating an egg, clear levels in an adventure up to finding another egg and thus come to your dilemma, "Do I leave the adventure and sacrifice the new egg I found because I can't return to get it, stop playing the game until my current egg timer finishes then incubate the new egg, or do I grow impatient and spend spend spend IAP on potions/crystals that remove timers?"

4. Egg timers basically kill progress as you can't enjoy the game without making this decision every time as timers will grow up to 8 hours yet adventures can be completed in at most 30 minutes.

Aside from that, I have thoroughly enjoyed Rayman Adventures. It does miss the charm of the other two mobile titles without the larger overworld and I don't think there are boss battles, but it makes up for that with amazing controls and graphics. I thought Fiesta Run looked good, but wow I don't know how they were able to make this look so close to the console version. The overlay backdrops are stunning, and all the character animations look amazing as well. It's definitely worth a try at the free price, but I'm not sure how long I will keep this one installed.

10. adansantos

adansantos Well-Known Member

May 29, 2013
    I'm stuck on a stage in which you have to punch the bad guys in less than 45 seconds, which is very difficult, so I can't play anymore, as I am really bored of trying it over and over again. Not good!

11. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

The Soft-Launch has been extended to Canada.

12. ineptidude

Apr 22, 2013
    Trees
    USA
    #32 ineptidude, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    If anyone is interested, iCloud saves move across regions. My tree is all messed up though. I think it's unrelated. The instructions keep saying to tap on an incrediball to make it sing. But nothing responds to my taps and I have to close the app to get out of there. Very annoying.

I sent in a bug report and they fixed my save file, yay!

13. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Does anyone have an idea when Rayman Adventures is being released worldwide?

14. ineptidude

Apr 22, 2013
    Trees
    USA
    Well it seems like they're trying to fix the bugs in iOS 9. I keep getting in-game updates. One got notifications working again. There's still a huge frame rate slowdown issue in most levels though. That's probably going to need an update through the App Store.

[​IMG]
    Got em all! I think my reward is that all my "incrediballs" were refreshed for free. And every new egg I hatch instantly turns into a golden lottery ticket. It's hard to tell if it's a reward or glitch with everything going on though. Fortunately I'm getting a ton of gems and hatch speedup potions from it which are the only items worth anything at this point.

15. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Rayman Adventures was launched for Apple TV last Thursday.

Does anybody know when the launch is for the iPad/iPhone?

16. ineptidude

Apr 22, 2013
    Trees
    USA
    In a few weeks. Just an update from me. All the iOS 9 issues seem to be gone. I'm still playing this game as I really love platformers since the early days of Mario and Sonic. And the end game is still fun. I'm at adventure 327 and counting. I still only get a pack of levels every eight hours but I'm working for eight hours every weekday anyway so I don't care. I transferred my progress to the TV version so I could purchase Assassin Ray since I only have an American credit card and iTunes is all kinds of lame when it comes to regions. I got stuck after doing so because the iPhone version would no longer save my progress. So be careful for now! I contacted support and they were really awesome about it. They said cross-saving will be fixed with the worldwide release in a few weeks and even updated my save so I could go back to just playing on my iPhone for now. Really fantastic support. I can't recommend this game enough because of how helpful they've been to me throughout the entire soft launch, for a free game even.

17. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I've been playing this a couple weeks on the Apple TV, and I like the gameplay a lot. Like ineptidude, I'm gone from home for 9ish hours a day, so I play levels in the evening, set an egg to incubate overnight, swap it out in the morning, then work and cycle again.

Of course, I'd love to have unlimited access to levels, but I think this does stop me from getting too bored with the game. And who knows how it will evolve over time? I wouldn't be surprised to see some permanent level sets appear here and there for leaderboards.

Overall, it's Rayman with some timers and free to play stuff. A little heavy handed, but worth it to get the excellent platforming.

18. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    It's been released worldwide finally. Going to give it a try

19. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I always adored the art style, but i never liked the boring auto runner part (sorry fans, and this coming from a still more or less endless runner fan).

Now i finally have a cool Rayman game with great platforming mechanics, not premium but with timers. Oh well, i play until...

20. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I am getting to old for this shit, but I can see that younger players could really like it.