Universal RayForce (by TAITO Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by currymutton, Jan 13, 2012.

1. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

I agree. Relative touch controls are a very natural fit for shmups, and offers great accuracy. Highscores on average are higher than their original console/arcade releases, CAVE titles included.

2. geremy

geremy Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Even after the above posts I would buy the game at $11.99, except for the fact that you know Taito will lower the price to $4.99-6.99 within a month or so.

3. RCranium666

RCranium666 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    #23 RCranium666, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
    +1 ;)

Wow, I'm really disappointed by the reviews. For that price I expect retina graphics and universal. Otherwise, $5 tops.

4. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    We'll try this one more time: If you want to discuss game impressions, fine. If you want to bitch about the price, please refer to the OP. There you will find a thread where you can stick it to the man and trade coupons.

5. Paradise

Paradise Active Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Netherlands
    Just downloaded it, it is not that bad, but in comparison with DoDonPachi R. it loses. People who don't have DoDonPachi or another CAVE shmup should look there first. People who already have a bunch of shmups can consider it when the price drops..

6. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Actually, I can see this price totally working. Everyday customers will see $12 and think, 'wow, that's high for iOS. Maybe it's good?'

Hopefully it will help set the bar a bit higher and give bigger devs that lost interest, more confidence.

7. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    You're damn right about that.

8. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    this is a decent game and a bad port at that...now if they ported raystorm and raycrisis...now then i would be 12 bucks poorer....i run those two jap versions on my psp almost flawlessly...

9. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Basically, this guy says it in a nut-shell! Not very good in comparison, and Cave doesn't try to rip you like this! Quality vs. medioccrity! That's the choice you have to make. Gots to tell it like it it is....like it or not....

10. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    ^this

I have Espgaluda II and Bug Princess on Xbox and play with a dual X-Arcade stick; great experience, especially on a big TV, but maneuverability is superior on the iPad for both titles. Granted, the Xbox setup is closer to the arcade experience, but touch is simply a superior interface in every other way.

11. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[size=+2]RAYFORCE[/size]
    is one of the nominees for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    11/01/2012
    [/size]

Do you like this TAITO's shooting classic with special optimized iPhone mode with intuitive one-finger controls?

[size=+3][thread=119475]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -​

12. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    TAITO, Please release my favorite game you ever made, Jungle King, on this platform!!!! I used to own the original Jungle Hunt in the stand-up arcade cabinet, then the Jungle King machine, the sit down cocktail version, then, years later the Xbox disc. Would love to have it in my pocket always here on the IOS! I'd be forever grateful!! Thanks! If you have any plans for that, make my day and have someone PM me with the good news!!!

13. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[size=+2]LAST DAY TO VOTE[/size]

[size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    11/01/2012
    [/size]

[size=+3][thread=119475]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -​

14. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I put this in my appshopper wish list, and will definitely be waiting for a big price drop.

15. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    If so that's the right moment until January 7th 2013 (€ 2.69).

16. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yupperz... this sale is a perfect time to pick this one up if you've been waiting. The controls in arcade mode are kind of hard to get comfortable with (unless you're familiar with playing Blazing Star or Raiden with their 'normal'/'hardcore' controls) - but the Touch Mode is just like the 'Fast Touch' option in both those games - allowing for faster movement of the ship. For that mode alone, it's well worth the purchase. If you're comfortable with the original movement speeds of BS or Raiden, then the original Arcade Mode should be no problem. =oD

17. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Suggestion followed. I was a fan of original arcade because of is aiming system. Now it looks to me less "good looking" but it has great fashion and good playability.

18. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    I'm very confused about GC leaderboards.

There are "Arcade" and "iPhone" modes, I guess they are related to control systems.
    For both of them there are "NORMAL" and "SIMPLE" from "A 1" to "A 7" + "All". I'm pretty sure "A 1" to "A 7" + "All" are related to levels, but I really can't understand "NORMAL" and "SIMPLE" as difficulty options are 7 (not 2!).

19. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    The game has been updated with mfi

20. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    up for the one who does nt know yet