Ravensword: Shadowlands (Crescent Moon) coming Dec. 20th

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

They could even go a step further like in Wipeout 2048 (no, it isn't on iOS), where you can set special effects (motion blur, etc) for better screenshots. :eek:

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ive been following this thread and id say that is one hell of a good idea. For game's with environs that look too good, that should be a must feature. They could also use it for promos and contests and stuff.

3. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    This just looks amazing! I've played the first Ravensword as well as Aralon and l loved them both. Anyway you guys could go back and up the graphics of Aralon to be like this? Better yet, is an Aralon 2 in the works as well, or at least planned? Crescent Moon is so awesome!!!

4. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    From josh's tweet, there will be an Aralon 2 and another unnamed rpg in the works, but will release next year

5. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    #405 iNexus, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
    graphics look great but im more interested in realistic animations. it amazing how much a game can turn u off when a highly detailed character move like a robot. also judging from the screenshots it kinda looks unsaturated, the colors need more contrast so things can stand out

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Are the screenshots unsaturated or are they lacking in contrast? Those are two different things, you know.

7. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Nice to see this going so well. I assume both Ravensword and Aralon were profitable endeavors for Crescent Moon, right?

Any release window for this? Or still TBA?

8. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    As much as I love Crescent Moon, this and Aralon were in my opinion announced too early, and so we could be looking at a two year gap between the release and announcement - and probably even more for the platformer with the space kid that I can't remember the name of.

I'm sure this will be one of the best games on iOS and worth the time, but maybe announce games a bit later into their development cycle next time?

9. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Right from the home page of TouchArcade: "There's still a lot of work to be done in Ravensword 2, but if everything goes according to plan we should be seeing it hit the App Store in mid-2012 or so."

And yes, both Aralon and Ravensword were CM's endeavors.

From the looks of it, the graphics will be gorgeous. And I hope it will run on 256 mb devices, but don't let this effect your game. If you won't be able to do it for slower devices, then just don't make it.
    What I'm worried about is the storyline. We all know that Aralon and Ravensword basically had no story (I'm not trying to be a troll, but it's true).
    Looks like you kept the ravensword's HUD style, which is awesome, plus you added the action buttons from Aralon, I assume :)

PS: it's been almost 2 years since I posted on this thread...

10. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Actually... Aralon was announced just a few weeks before it was about to be released. But then CM decided to join Galoobeth games and work together on the project, that's why the wait has been so long.
    And you probably mean Ultra kid, which still hasn't been released.

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    You are correct about Aralon -- Galoobeth originally announced it a few months before beta testing. It was during testing that a Josh heard of the game and agreed to publish it.

The development of Ravensword 2 basically started and then stopped for a while -- not an uncommon occurance in indie development (Fez anyone?). It restarted early in 2011 but no official announcement was made till about a month ago. For such a large production it's not unusual to begin publicity six months or more before release.

Ultra Kid is a different story. When Josh and Russ's partnership split up, Josh got to keep the CS name and current roster, but Ross kept Ultra Kid. I am not sure what's happening with the title right now.

12. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    posted this on me twitter.
    btw we are having orcs riding pterodactyls.

Attached Files:

13. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Are animals and other beings in game going to react to each other? Could I be walking down a road and all of the sudden a deer passes by and gets eaten by a dino? Are the enemies going to be buddy buddy? Am I going to be fighting an Orc ,then a troll comes in a help him like they're the best of friends?

14. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Don't know if you've hinted at a release timeframe for this year...are we looking at a fall release or summer release?

15. 3mooonuel

3mooonuel Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    High school student
    Tamaulipas-Mexico
    #415 3mooonuel, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
    This!

You know that apple is still selling the crappy iPod Touch 4 right???? So those people saying sh*t about technology advancing can just STFU i am so annoyed right now with iOS 5 and this stupid ram and crashes, and yet apple is marketing this crap as their best gaming machine -.- , so this game must have graphical options or something because THERE'S NO NEW IPOD and i doubt that will be ... Anyways ... This game looks amazing please don't let houndreds of people down

16. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    we've actually never said anything other than 'later this year'.

17. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    You do know apple is most likely going to release a 5th gen itouch this year right? They kinda do it on a regular basis, every 1-2 years. As for marketing, wouldn't they want you to buy an iPod 4th gen, so that when the 5th gen appears, you'll go out an buy the latest and greatest?

18. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Loved Aralon, can't wait for this.

19. 3mooonuel

3mooonuel Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    High school student
    Tamaulipas-Mexico
    I hope

But..

No rumors , no references on iOS code , i don't know what are they thinking

But if they release a 5th gen with more ram i'll buy it in a heartbeat lol
    I have this 4th gen since it's release , it was perfect , now apple fuked it up (lag less avaliable ram, crashes) i hate it with passion but i can't afford an iphone or ipad :(

20. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    sorry i meant both, the colors looks dull and unsaturated and the color pallete all blends together kinda, it looks very analogous and uncontrasting