Ravensword: Shadowlands (Crescent Moon) coming Dec. 20th

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farfield

Farfield Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Please do no do it freemium or something, i rather to pay 9.99 than 4.99 and see the annoyings advertisement in the progress of the game

2. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    oh don't worry - ain't no way in hell this game is going to be freemium.

3. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    I might have missed it if it was mentioned earlier in the thread... but please please PLEASE include GameCenter achievements and LOTS of them. I earned so many achievements in Aralon but they are just in-game achievements and don't show up in GameCenter.

I'm one of those people that try to earn as many achievements as possible in a game and I find it really extends the gameplay value for me.

4. arce

arce Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    suppor iphone 4 up!?

only devices whit 512mb ram

5. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    yes, it will support iPhone 4.

6. arce

arce Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    wow thx sir.

7. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    It will not support iPod Touch 4G? :eek:

8. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    it might get a little dicey with only 256mb of ram, but we'll see.

9. Marten Werewolf

Mar 9, 2012
    I hope those who own devices with 256mb of RAM will be able to play this game.(I own a 3rd gen iPod) I own both Ravensword and Aralon and love both of them. It would be quite a disappointment for me if I had to buy a new idevice in order to play Ravensword 2.

On a brighter note, I really like what I am seeing in those new screens. Definitely going to keep a close eye on this project. Keep up the awesome work JoshCM!

10. arce

arce Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    yeah! look amazing.

best game 2012!

11. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    #391 Madman100, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
    Well I hope it supports iPod 4g since upgrading tends to be extremely expensive for how little it benefits beyond the 4th gen. I'll be looking forward to the post-launch patch. ;)

12. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    The new screens on the TA page definitely look gorgeous! A dinosaur? Is that a t-rex? Or a dragon without wings?

13. Farfield

Farfield Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Looking forward to instant purchase then :) So much thanks.

14. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Actually it looks like an allosaurus. Btw very awesome! I'm very excited about this!!

15. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Honestly with the coming of the iPad 3, I hope the devs push this game to the limit rather than being held back by old devices. Doesn't have to be sporting the new retina display or anything but at least no major compromises should be going on.

If we want ios to be taken seriously as a gaming platform, we need to continue pushing the technology forward since we are fortunate to have hardware updates vs the consoles who are permanently stuck with outdated hardware.

16. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Was just thinking about galaxy in fire 2 hd while looking through the screenshots, if you focus on a limited number of devices you can really go for the kill with the wow factor. As long as you are clear with which devices it will perform optimally on, there should be no prob. This is as close to skyrim as we will have for now on ios, I look forward to a very successful release.

17. barl

barl Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Artist, Filmmaker
    Cardiff, UK
    I really hope that there will be an option to adjust the opacity of the controls, like in the first Ravensword! I liked making them almost invisible, so I could just admire the environments.

18. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

One thing I'd like to see is a screenshot mode where it pauses the game and you can just moove the camera arround the area in wich the player is standing without any controlls in the way: That way you can take great screenshots and admire the environments! :)

19. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    And for me, i'd suggest a minimap on the top right or top left side, or better yet a compass. Direction was a big problem for me in Aralon, getting lost a couple of times.

20. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Yeah, similar to the feature in Galaxy on Fire? that would be awesome. I'm hoping also for more detailed insides of houses and such. The ones in their previous game where overblown, and you felt like a dwarf. I wan't to be able to go to hotels or a house and sleep in a bed as well.