Ravensword: Shadowlands (Crescent Moon) coming Dec. 20th

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Yeah you are right - we are using some of the assets we started on for Ravensword 2 in Aralon, because its the perfect fit.
    We might do an entirely different style for Ravensword 2 (or a progression of a style) so the pictures at the beginning of this thread are basically useless now.
    Keep an eye on the Aralon thread for awhile, and when we have new stuff for Ravensword 2 ready we'll post it here.

2. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Ow, I haven't got around to that yet. I got the dx version for free, but I just need to find time.

3. mum0sul

mum0sul Active Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Spain
    $

I would want to know a release date pls!

4. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

Yesterday.

5. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I'll repeat this again - not until we are done with Ultra Kid will RS2 pick up again, as its the engine we intend to use for it. Its helping us refine the 'action' and 'animation' related stuff. We're working on Ultra Kid, Rimelands, and Aralon currently - we'll use that experience on Ravensword 2.

6. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    This looks really great. Any updates dev?

7. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    working on Aralon right now - which is like what Ravensword 2 was going to be,
    except bigger. Ravensword 2 is going to be something else - but we're using the experience gained from these other games to make it extra awesome.

8. altair77

altair77 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greece,Athens
    will ravensword 2 be on greece ?cause that what the last screenshot reminds me

9. xBLAGDARFx

xBLAGDARFx Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    I was wonderng if you were going to do a different style or look to set ravensword apart from aralon and for that look would say cellshading work? Bit like how borderlands looks or that samurai game n the appstore

10. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I'm not a fan of cell shading.
    I always thought it looked weird.

11. rmouse26

rmouse26 Member

Aug 9, 2010
    my point exactly

12. licantroleon

licantroleon Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Stuff I would like to know???

Hi my name is Leon Kim and I have just recently joined this forum. alright enough intrductions(I hate them :p). I am a HUGE fan of crscent moons work and yes I have played the first ravensword which I personally thought was great even though the animations were a bit funny such as the walking animation or the jumping which made you jump like you would on the moon. I have HIGH expectations for aralon and RS2 and cannot wait:p. One thing I would like there to be in either game is werewolfves. I love werewolves in a RPG and I think you should make it like an expansion pack because lots of people would like it and buy it. Please please please include this!!! Make it like morrowind or oblivion where you can be one cause that would be epic!!! thats pretty much it and pls respond because I really would like to know how you think of this. Or else I will keep on posting till you have nigtmares...JK but seriously.:eek: Thnx so much

13. Stirolak26

Stirolak26 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Do u guys think aralon or Ravensword 2 will be better?

14. Pylesrm

Pylesrm Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Considering Aralon has over a quarter million views, I'd say Ravensword 2 is the less popular one.

15. kcmcroxton

kcmcroxton Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2010
    considering aralon is close to release and pretty much everything is known about it, while ravensword 2 is a long ways off and zero info has been released, id say you cant judge which will be better yet.

16. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Aralon effectively IS Ravensword 2. Ravensword 2 isn't in development anymore. If Ravensword 2 resumes development somewhere down the road, my understanding is that it will be something entirely different. The original idea for what Ravensword 2 was supposed to be transformed over time into Aralon.

17. kcmcroxton

kcmcroxton Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2010
    #257 kcmcroxton, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
    aralon is NOT made by crescent moon. they jus teamed up with the devs of aralon for a makeover. two completely different games. ravensword 2 is on hold. come on guys read the thread a little before posting false info...

18. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Fail.

19. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    to clear up some confusion here - we decided to put Ravensword 2 on hold so we could work on Ultra Kid (still in development) and try something different.
    Then we found out about Aralon and saw it as an opportunity to work on a really deep 3d RPG. In some ways it has changed what the company is all about -
    drawing on our best strengths.
    It really wasn't hard to improve on the graphics of the original Aralon (no offense Jason) but to really take them to the next level was a definite challenge.
    We learned many things and worked with Galoobeth to develop some great tools that we hope to use for future games as well.
    Already we are using some of the special shaders we developed for Aralon in our other games to improve performance on Retina and iPad.
    Ravensword 2 is something we definitely want to do - and have some ideas for.
    We see it more as an extension of the original - more of an adventure game with RPG elements - but more Zelda like - and this time - way better graphics and animations. Of course we have some other ideas in the works too and need to finish the other games we have in progress so whether we decide to start right back up on Ravensword 2 right after Aralon is done is another question.

20. pgboy

pgboy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    thanks for the update