Ravensword: Shadowlands (Crescent Moon) coming Dec. 20th

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex Graal

Alex Graal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    N/A
    U.S.A.
    Ravensword was MY FAV GAME!! CANT WAIT! Btw, please make sure you can't go into the off map areas this time.

2. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    You should set it in the future and call it "Ravengun" :D

3. Aussie2

Aussie2 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Yeah, you could do it like fable. That would be my most wanted iPhone game but since MS make it there is no chance. Ravensword and Aralon will be more than enough fir now though

4. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Which one? Ocarina of Time? Twilight Princess? Phantom Hourglass?

5. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    that would be awesome
    i really love zelda and i am waiting for a 3d zelda style game for the ipod since i got mine

6. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I liked Ocarina, personally...

7. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I think that if it was a mix between Fable and Zelda it would be EPIC!! The iPhone would then have the best of both worlds with Aralon and Ravensword 2. Although, I do think that if you are considering changing your game up to a different style altogether, that you should think about a new name. I mean, if it's REALLY different, it might confuse fans of the original, but if you simply add "from the developers of Ravensword" to your new title you should have no issues. :D Just an idea. In the end it's your game, and you can do what you want with your IP. I'm sure thta it will be awesome either way. :)

8. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Personally, I'd like it if Ravensword 2 was even more like oblivion (with horse riding, first person sword fighting etc). But that's because I don't like most Japanese/fantasy RPG games. I loved Ravensword because it was kinda like Oblivion and it wasn't like an Asian/fantasy RPG.

9. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    agree with LGB but there is already aralon (what about first person online rpg?)

10. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    please dont make a mistake to make ravensword 2 like zelda!!! Ravensword was really a special game because these 3D rpg games are really rare. And if both games would be almost the same they both would be selling like hell! And wtf is this?? The first pictures of ravensword 2 are the same (armor, the ruins...) as these new screenshots of aralon sword and shadow. Im confused.:confused::confused:

11. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Aralon is basically what Ravensword 2 was going to be, but we'd rather take our time and figure out some interesting ideas for the new Ravensword 2. Personally I've been wanting to do more of a Zelda style game. It's open for discussion though.

12. Lazuli

Lazuli Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    I think it's a great idea, a lean towards puzzling elements in a 3D RPG hasn't really been attempted yet, and I'd love to see you guys take a more colourful pallette to play with, maybe even cel-shading.

13. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    What about the pictures?

14. Aussie2

Aussie2 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    How about a monster hunter style game? You could hunt monsters down and collect their hides, make stuff out of them etc

15. Zoet

Zoet Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Newcastle, Australia
    Puzzle elements are definitely something I would like to see. :)

Another idea: Why not (as others have suggested), change the era? this could take the form of a prequel in a more mythological fantasy world, or a sequel in a more industrialised/renaissance world, or even just a more urbanised medieval world; where the Ravensword is the constant and the link between the two? That would be quite a change from Ravensword's setting, but it would differentiate it from Aralon.

16. Sevendust

Sevendust Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    GA
    Cel-sahding would rock!
    Make it more Borderlands type game!

17. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    #237 Mondae, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
    Please no water temple!!!

I think the Zelda-style game market is wide open. I wouldn't even care if it was 2d.

18. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    would definitely love you guys even more than I do if you did a 3d Zelda style game, just saying (again) :D

19. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Of course, but I would even settle for throw back gbc or gba graphics.

20. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    Across Age fits that bill for me - it definitely reminds me of Link to the Past era Zelda (my personal favourite Zelda game). :)