Universal Ravensword: Shadowlands - (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 19, 2012.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    It would be pretty neat if there was support for mods...don't think apple would be happy though.

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow ranged combat is satisfying? Awesome! Usually I dont play that way and tend to be more armor and weapons type but I will have to try some ranged combat now!

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    2x pixels doesn't mean there needs to be a 2x performance bump. Consider NFS, probably the most prominent example - runs at retina with added effects, still retains smooth framerate on iPad 4.

4. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    So what about the iPad 3rd gen? Dose it run full effects, full resilution, with a smooth frame rate?

5. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Looks amazing, will grab tonight.

6. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    It's out in my local app store. Downloading now. Around 516mb

7. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    CM's core RPGs were always the closest thing iOS had to the Gothic series (and resemble Gothic far more than they do the Elder Scrolls games), so this title should prove a great addition - and inspiration to other developers, hopefully.

8. bashesh

bashesh Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2012
    I would really like to know if iphone4s has all the effects iphone 5 has or not. JoshCm could you please throw some light on this? Thanks in advance.

9. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    I think that the ranged combat is better/more satisfying than the melee combat in this game. Just my opinion, though.

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Doubt it, honestly. Reason why I upgraded was because I realized that the GPU either pushed full retina with no effects and shoddy framerate, or full effects and ugly resolution.

11. fabiovaldo

fabiovaldo New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    How about performance on iPhone 4?
    10 fps :mad: ? 20 fps :( ? 30 fps :) ?

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Well of it says "enhanced for iPhone 5" then the 4s is missing effects that the 5 has. It's right there at the top of the description.

13. nschneider350

nschneider350 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    NFS MW on Ipad 4 doesn't look full retina to me, I think its in between or something kind of like MC4 is. I was actually waiting for an update of it since it hasn't been optimized for Ipad 4. It still does look good though.

On to topic, can't wait to try this out tonight, it looks amazing.

14. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Mods for games would be amazing.

15. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    #75 iVaro, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    i get around 25 fps generally (lower when in combat)

16. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Lol, MC4 is running at iPad 2 res and it's a known bug. Next update will add radial blur and retina for capable devices.
    As for NFS, it's a huge res bump from the previous resolution, and at least the cars are running at retina (which is enough for me) while the environment got some much needed AA.

But you're missing my point, which was that 4x pixels doesn't mean there needs to be a 4x power increase. But Josh did say that A5 and up would get realtime shadows, don't know what happened there.

17. paulkolin86

paulkolin86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    I'm from Europe and I can't wait till midnight ! Gonna go to sleep now just to wake up at midnight and buy it when it's available. Just wondering how it's gonna look like and run on my iPad 4...BTW. Anyone of U guyz is from Europe?

18. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    One big thing for me is, how does notority work?

I remember getting really mad at the system in Aralon. I kill someone alone in a room or bash the lock on their chest, and now everybody's trying to kill me?

So is the system more refined in this title? I want to be able to kill NPCs but not have everyone go ape s*** on me for it without even having seen anything.

19. nschneider350

nschneider350 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    I compared the res right next to my Ipad 2 and it def looked higher, but could have just been because of the better screen on the Ipad 4. That is nice then if they can get MC4 running in retina with full effects and a decent frame rate. I hope they don't add retina to it like Asphalt 7 and kill the frame rate. I will check out NFS again maybe I overlooked the bump up.

20. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Yes, you can become encumbered, so be careful what you decide to pick up as it could slow you down. As for food, everything is already cooked and ready to eat.

From what I've played, I believe all effects are in tact.