Ravensword: Legacy - a Fallen King prequel (Crescent Moon)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016
    That really is a shame. The quality of your stuff is damn good, especially the RPGs!

2. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    As someone who was there day one for Wind Waker on the Gamecube, I heartily approve of this art direction. I think the newest Aralon looked generic and boring, whereas this looks fresh and exciting.

Hopefully you guys get this back on track.

3. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Well that's disappointing news

4. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Oooh Noooo

What a terrible let down I was so looking foward to this The new art direct is really incredible This game would've really stood out It also has a really big following I think it would've done well Too bad Sorry to hear about the delay

5. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    If only devs and people could be PAID for their work acordlying. However, most people expect that games should be purchased for free (or at least a very low entry point).

So we are going to see less and less of what mobile could be. Imagine if Aralon and Ravensword were higher priced and bought by many more people. We could be having now something really impressive in terms of open world RPG, since the tech is improving fast. Instead, they have to cut costs.

It is our fault.

6. dudewelcome

dudewelcome Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Truth. Really loved the new art style, and meant to compliment it for days now. Damn shame, but the market's only defined by the people it's marketing to. Mobile'd be a much better gaming platform if the audience wasn't crap so often (Not excluding myself entirely), but it is what it is, hope this project can continue soon :) I'm replayong the last one alongside Skyrim and it's fantastic. Lookin' forward to Morphite too!

7. yankeeblue000

Aug 29, 2016
    #67 yankeeblue000, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    Your absolutely right. People fail to realize that game development is a very difficult and time consuming trade. It takes time and money to make a good game. People have become really entitled due to the nature of the mobile industry and its f2p market. People don't want too pay for games In that sense it's also the industry's fault

I think it's ridiculous not to pay for a persons time & work for a product you think is beautiful and you think you will enjoy. All my games are premium and I have hundreds. I've payed up to $20 for some . Some exceeded my expectations. Some have not. Some are good. A few not so good. I've been disappointed but I take full responsibility for my choices and if I don't like something it's my loss.

I have been a console gamer for +15 years I currently own 2 but I truthfully play more on my IPad lately then on my consoles. It has become my gaming platform of choice. The game selection is so diverse and unique and the indie scene on the platform is very talented. There's also great PC & console ports & big AAA titles There's a ton of beautiful & original content on the platform I have no problem spending my money on these games and everyone else should do the same because these dev's have to eat and feed there families.

8. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    I 1000% agree. Most of Crescent Moon's RPG's started with a price of like $7.99. $7.99! That's like a fast food value meal guys, but instead you're getting hours of entertainment in your pocket! If that isn't the steal of a lifetime, I don't know what is. RPG'a are my favorite kind of games, and Crescent Moon have brought us some of the best in the mobile world. It would be an absolute shame to lose this game because people don't want to give up just one cheap, greasy meal! We need more RPG's like this, and I will always be there to support them. That said, good luck CM with all your endeavors, and I'm excited to see what other fantastic games you release...hopefully, eventually this one, ore one like it.

9. yankeeblue000

Aug 29, 2016
    There's a game called Morphite that Crescent Moon is publishing that is in development I think it's coming out in the next couple of months It uses the same minlistic cel shading aesthetic as this game It looks incredible It's a 1st person sci rpg exploration game They say it's like Metroid Prime You get to space travel and explore different planets I'm excited for it

10. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Don't worry guys - there's still a pretty good chance we could pick this up again next year.

11. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Wish you guys the best. I love the stuff you bring to us.

12. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    More Language please! :)

Please add more support for other languages like Spanish We love it

13. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Whelp, it's next year -- can we expect to get some Ravensword love?

14. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Still would have to find a new designer for this game since the other one left, and right now we have Morphite and some other games in the works. Its still on my radar, though.

15. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    You will have to make a big effort to let me forget a few Big mistakes from the past...

16. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    It would be Exiles and...?

17. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Thanks Josh always keeping an eye out for the next one :)

Pray to the deer god dragan
    Your baptism awaits

18. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I think CM can't be blamed forever for that game. They have broght many cool games and I trust even more are coming along the line.

Very excited for Morphite and this one (whenever it will come).

19. mjonesgraphics

mjonesgraphics Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Artist/Designer
    Washington DC area
    That's a shame. Was following this one with interest .

20. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Saw your Twitter post, Josh -- glad to see this had picked up again. I look forward to updates!