Ravensword: Legacy - a Fallen King prequel (Crescent Moon)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, Feb 6, 2016.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Ah, yeah, finances. That totally makes sense. Still looks super awesome. Just looks like a different game. I look forward to the next batch of screens, though!

2. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I think the environment stuff we do will impress you guys - its going to look different, but it will be gorgeous in other ways!

3. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    I was extremely skeptical about the designs but I'm going to be open minded :) can't wait to see some pictures of some environments.

4. swimmingcub

swimmingcub Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Hopefully this will allow less time to be spent on graphics and more on content/gameplay!

5. Tar4ok7

Tar4ok7 Member

Apr 11, 2015
    +++ mb this time the world would not be so empty , and it would be intresting to explore it like on pc games. Gothica 2 - was very intresting for exploring becouse in every inch of the world you could find something =)

6. tide

tide Active Member

Oct 19, 2014
    #26 tide, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    if that will translate to more missions and side quests similar to d first aralon ss then am all for it.when is gdc 2016 and Will u guys be there with sort of an early demo like exiles and aralon ff in previous years

7. beekeo

beekeo Member

Jul 9, 2012
    I really like this!
    I do, however, expect more personality from the animations in a game that has an abstracted graphics style.
    Realistic Graphics -> Realistic Animations
    Cartoony Graphics -> Cartoony/Exaggerated Animations

8. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  9. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
  10. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Will this have a new or revamped gameplay system or will it play like the other Ravensword games? Either way is great.

11. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    ahh, im happy to see that you agreed with it :). yeah i think this art direction will show the true color of the next ravensword. cant wait to see the next update from you josh.

12. MuiMui

MuiMui New Member

Feb 12, 2016
    #32 MuiMui, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    Why :( No. Please, no. You were the only who made awesome looking, good quality FPS RPG-games with realistic graphics and interesting gameplay, like TES series, but for mobile platforms. This aweful minecraft-looking graphics spits on everything you did before. I could expect it from some other lazy indie-guys, whos excuse is "oh, this is not crappy, this is just a style", and a huge bunch of players wanting to be "not-mainstream" and "not-like-everybody" (which is so contraverse to reality) woild eat it, but not from you. Why wouldn't you go lower and make it in pixel art than? :\
    Please, don't make another "minimalism" game. You are way better than that.
    It'd be ok, if it would be some spin-off, but not for the prequel to series of awesome games with status, the games, which already got their name, associating with something of good quality and realistic. People would still play it, i am sure, and I wish you good luck, but still hope you'll return to your initial way of making your games.

13. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Im sorry buy I have to disagree with you. The art style looks nice, and being CM it's almost guaranteed it will be a polished product. What does the art style have to do with the gameplay. Even with a different art style it is very unlikely the gameplay will be effected by the art style.

14. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    please watch firewatch gameplay from the link i put in previous page and do let me know if thats change your mind afterwards. just like josh said that it just doesnt make sense if you only see the character alone, but after you see the whole area implemented, it will be more clearer for you to understand the design as a whole part.

15. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Well, I am all with Muimui here, as I consider the character graphics style to be terrible (but still above 8bit eyecancer, so there's that ;) ).
    But I completely understand Josh/CM that they have to look at the bottom line, and that high-quality graphics are an expense where it's highly likely that they won't make it back.

Anyways, what I really wanted to say that I find the reference to Firewatch quite misleading, as it has nothing to do with figure artstyle.
    Yes, the landscapes in the trailer look quite nice.
    But that doesn't tell anything about R:L's *character* art --> because you do not see any figures in that Firewatch trailer.
    They can make the most fantastic landscape since Nimian Legends, and the characters will still be ugly.

But to each their own. If you like it, be my guest. I'll just skip on that one and hope for a better artstyle in the next.

16. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    This is more or less a concept - it does not contain any new environments that aren't in previous games.
    Its just to show the direction we're going in.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #37 redribbon, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    just as beautiful as i thought it might be josh. keep it up. probably this time, with double everything (people, sprites, or more trees) :D

yes i agreed, firewatch is kinda more like a hybrid between both realistic and cartoony artstyle. but why i put it here is just to give some idea of how the landscape will probably looks like.

18. Ann0ying

Ann0ying Well-Known Member

Oh yeah!
    This looks very good.

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    *drools*

20. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    #40 Killerluffy246, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    Finally you guys changes the type of the textures implemented, those used in exiles and aralon 2 looks really messy and cheap. Hope you guys spend more time on this game, make it last more than 20 hours and a less empty environment.
    And most importantly, please improve the programming skills of the team, all your recent games are full of bugs and such, aralon 2 alone is enough to show that.