Ravensword 2 Pricing

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JoshCM, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    !

Count me in for any price really since Aralon was one of my most anticipated and favorite IOS games. If I had to pick a good price I would say $6.99 for early adopters then maybe going up to $8.99 with sales a few months later at like $2.99. Make sure people know and realize this is a high quality game and has merit for higher prices.

2. tylertv

tylertv Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    I know it may be tough, but I would LOVE to see this go for $15-$20 if it could work. That whole race to the bottom mentality is keeping iOS gaming from taking off in the way I would like.

Granted, that mentality is what I'd like to see in the app store as a whole. I understand that's not an easy task for a smaller studio like yourselves to play the trailblazer role. Either way, good luck guys!

3. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    #23 the9quad, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
    Until ios games are the same quality as skyrim, deadspace,max payne 3, mass effect 3 etc.. then heck no I do not want to see $20 price tags for them. Point is, I can get any of those mentioned games during a sale for $20 or less, so why would i be willing to spend that much on a much inferior experience? $6.99 is the sweet spot for a premium ios title. The only exception to this is a board or card game where ios is actually the ultimate device for them, so a premium price is warranted.

4. tim240

tim240 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    $6.99 is what it should be. Maybe raise the price in a few weeks after release.

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Just don't tell Square Enix that

6. Start at 6.99 as an intro sale then move it up to 9.99?

7. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    I would be inclined to think that you guys at crescent moon understand the financial side of the AppStore better than I do. The real question is how can you guys make the most money selling this product.
    Games obviously have strongest sales shortly after release. Especially when featured by apple. A higher price at launch may hurt sales. Putting the game on sale should create a spike in sales....
    The real question is, would you make more money pricing it lower?
    I don't like to think people are incredibly cheap by nature. Seems like they are though.
    Would you sell more than 7 copies at $1 dollar to the 1 copy at $7 dollars. Or would $3 be low enough to draw in the cheap?
    In the end you'll have to do what you guys think is best for the company. Whatever you do, I wish you the best of success with the release.

8. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    well those games come out at 59.95 or 69.95 usually (hell I would have paid $500 for Skyrim even though I only played it a few times)

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I sure as heck wouldn't pay 60-70, but I could see myself putting in the hours of gameplay R2 to justify a 20 max price tag. But for your own profit, I'd suggest 6.99 or so. GL does well with that. Are you going to have any IAPs?

10. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    A lot less people would buy a $20 app I can tell ya that.

11. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Max Payne is 3 months old, Mass effect 3 is 4 months old, Skyrim like 10 months, so yeah they arent exactly brand new, but they arent old either...but keep in mind there really is a constant flood of games being sold at those crazy sale prices, so most gamers end up having huge backlogs of relatively recent triple a titles, and don't necessarily buy games day one anymore, unless there is a compelling reason to (i.e. multiplayer or preorder bonuses or something) because they have enough to keep them busy and therefore don't mind waiting for a sale. Every week there is one crazy sale on some triple a game, throw in steam holiday sales, and it doesn't take long to have so many games you realistically can't play them all, so if you expect a premium price and day one sales, you better have a lot to offer.

12. Haoulelouch

Haoulelouch Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Ideally prices around Aralon and perhaps a little higher would be fine.

Also will this game be playable for iPod touch 4? recently there are a lot of good games available for iPhone 4, 4S and IPad 2,3 only.

13. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    I would think that a <$10 price tag would persuade me to buy it on launch...but if the game is as platform defining as you(and I) think it is..why not price it higher! It might start a new trend of others developers actually growing some ambition .>.>

14. Gaming_prodigy

Gaming_prodigy New Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I think you should make ravensword 2 $6.99

I think you should make ravensword 2 $6.99 because if you make it $10 than people who aren't fans will not buy it for sure. And also when ravensword 2 comes out you should lower the prive of ravensword to ยข99 or free so that people will be more likely to try that one and when they love it they will have to buy ravensword 2

15. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    It comes down to target amount you want vs people who will buy it. There are a few hundred TA folks who would pay $19.99 if the game is quality enough.

I suggest $6.99 for a limited, mostly the main story game with DLC and full options, costumes and abilities sold in pieces for another $10.

7 to start, 17 for all - buy the full package straight up: 15 total.

This is the iPhone version. If you go iPad raise to 10 + 15 or 22.99 total.

Do not make it universal. You're only costing yourself money.

I think Square Enix took the bullet for you in terms of AAA pricing. This won't come as big of a shock.