iPhone Ravens Path: Tactical Action RPG ( by Evil Villain Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, May 12, 2020.

1. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    It also happened to me but unfortunately it was a couple of days ago and I forget any answers Evil Villain Games needs, except that I purchased the game and when I started it again I was at the beginning.
    I was originally at a stage where I had done the first campaign up to just before the first boss and I was currently doing missions to improve my characters.

I didn’t mind though because I had only played for a short period before I knew I wanted to buy it.
    It only took a short time to get back to where I was before, and anyways I now have better characters than the first time.

2. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Just played a while, here are some advices,

1. A way to skip tutorial.
    2. There is a bug that you can’t get the crown point until the next battle end. (you can find that crown page is locked after I just got a crown point in the clip.)

3. A better way to show you choose a hero/enemy.
    4. How about iCloud saving?
    5. Show the option button early.

stubbieoz and Kiril Pashev like this.
  3. Evil Villain Games

May 15, 2020
    Male
    Thank you everyone for the info and thanks for the suggestions/bug report. We will add them to the list. Unfortunately cloud saving is at least working on android but since the game clearing issue is happening on the hard drive there are cases where it fails and then pushes the empty save to the cloud. I may have found a solution though so that should be uploaded and hopefully working within a week.

stubbieoz and Lull4by like this.
  4. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    @Evil Villain Games
    Fun game but can I mute the music? The music in your game is decent but, in general, as I usually have my own music, podcast, or videos playing in the background as I play, I prefer to play with the music muted but SFX on.

Kiril Pashev likes this.
  5. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    To turn off the music, go to the crown screen while you are in the camp, tap on the bottle with a ? mark on the upper right, and you should be in the sound volume control screen.

6. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I have a question about the barracks.

I trained a Rock thrower’s attack speed with a Wulver.
    The barracks was the one with 40%.
    The Wulver had the attack speed of 1.0 and the Rock thrower had that of 0.33.

After the training, the Rock thrower had the attack speed of 0.4.

Can someone explain me this outcome?

Evil Villain Games likes this.
  7. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Ahh, I guess I had yet to gain access to that screen. I'd strongly recommend in a future update you provide a link to these options from the title page.

8. Evil Villain Games

May 15, 2020
    Male
    @LordGek Glad someone on here was able to help you out. We will definitely be moving the options button to the upper right hand corner of the map screen in a future update.

@Jstorm
    Basically since moving a melee unit's attack speed to a ranged unit causes a lot of balance issues, there are 3 tiers of attack speed in the barracks.
    Fast which the wulver falls into this is over .6 atkspeed. This gives a bonus of 15%
    Medium which is under .6 but over .3 this gives a bonus of 10%
    and slow which is under .3 this gives a bonus of 5%
    This bonus is then added to the power of the barracks divided by 2 so with a rare barracks you add 20%
    Then this formula is used
    New Attack Speed = Old Attack Speed * 0.6^attackSpeedToAdd(35%)

This formula is a little confusing because it's done using the time between attacks instead of the attacks per second. which is 1 divided by attacks per second.
    Judging from your outcome though it seems this system needs a buff. Perhaps we nerfed it too far into the ground when we it nerfed in beta.
    I will add this balance change to the list. Thanks for mentioning that. I hope this data helps.

9. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Well, thanks for the explanation, even though it would take a bit of time for me to process the new information such as the stats tier.

I understand that simply transferring 40% of attack speed leads to the balancing issue. In that case you might want to mention that attack speed is not 40%, or remove the attack speed from barracks, to prevent people from asking the same question as I did.

Evil Villain Games and stubbieoz like this.
  10. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    So, I was messing with items and noticed that a ring of obsession on an ancient healer is giving 77.5% accuracy buff.
    Is this intended? I am not sure where the extra buff came from since he is not a special type unit.

Attached Files:

11. Evil Villain Games

May 15, 2020
    Male
    #31 Evil Villain Games, May 18, 2020
    Last edited: May 18, 2020
    I agree that providing more insight on the attack speed process in the barracks is a good plan we will add that to a future patch.

62% is a lot, what are your healer and buffer ability power crown skills at. That is where the extra buff comes from. I'm assuming this ring must be on a buffer or healer otherwise this is a bug. It may be a bit unbalanced too depending on the level of these skills.

12. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    To be honest I don’t remember what those skill levels were, since I already maxed out both skills and actually beaten the game.
    The unit was an ancient healer.

Regarding the barracks buff, you might want to re-balance the attack damage as well. A catapult with 96 attack damage was boosting my 10 attack damage long bow up to 82 attack or something.

Also it would be great if a unit/an item can be retrained with upgraded barracks/blacksmiths. Low level barracks and blacksmiths lose their worth once knowing that much higher % version is available.

13. Evil Villain Games

May 15, 2020
    Male
    These are all good points, well fix some of these things up with future updates. We have an end game update planned that might make some of these powerful late game things make more sense, although I think the barracks attack speed is just generally too weak right now it seems.

For the long bowman upgrade were you using a mythic or legendary barracks at that point?

14. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Not sure about the exact name but it was the one with 75% efficiency that costs 700 or so after 30% price reduction.

15. Evil Villain Games

May 15, 2020
    Male
    ah yes looks like you were using the legendary barracks. Sounds like you are very ready for end game content, Well try and get that out as soon as possible. I'm finalizing the build that will attempt to fix all the saving issues, It has a backup feature that will automatically restore saves if they get lost among many other security fixes around saving so things should be all set after this and we can move on to content and balance updates! The new build should be live by Wednesday.

stubbieoz, Jstorm and Lull4by like this.
  16. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I think there is an error with the description of the plague skill.

The text says 20% of weapon damage per second but the number shown is 200%.

Also I would like to know if this skill can Crit.

17. Evil Villain Games

May 15, 2020
    Male
    Hey everyone! The patch for the saving issue is live. It should be all fixed now and safe to play. Please make sure you update Raven's Path to version 1.0.11 If you have any more issues don't hesitate to report them. I will try to check this forum often but you can also report things on our discord.
    https://discord.gg/fzBYkzE

@Jstorm Good catch! I will look into that today, thanks for the report. The plague skill does not crit.

Jstorm likes this.
  18. Evil Villain Games

May 15, 2020
    Male
    @Jstorm I thought you might be interested to know the plague 200% damage thing was a decimal error we multiplied by 2 instead of 0.2. Good thing it was just the description. XD anyway thanks for the help.

19. nlesgold

nlesgold Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 22, 2011
    RN
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Just wanting to say, I waited for the patch to hit and have started playing since then. It's a weird little game at first, but particularly as I've been able to expand my army, I'm having a ton of fun finding troop and equipment combinations that work well together. Once I got hooked it was a no brainer to buy the full game. I'm only at Act V so far, as I've been grinding a lot of portal missions (I'm at 17/30 infantry crown to get the max army size). It seems like this game is going to have a ton of depth to work through to get far. I'm currently trying to find a good combination of unit and equipment to be able to make good use of my first Legendary weapon, Excalibur, which has an absurd 130 attack, balanced by -40% speed and accuracy.

I'm guessing Legendary is the top rarity, as I've gotten a handful of Mythic items and troops but no other legendaries.

20. Evil Villain Games

May 15, 2020
    Male
    Ah yes legendary is the top rarity. Excalibur aye nice pull! Yeah we are glad we got to the bottom of that bug. Very happy to be moving on to more exciting updates. Thanks for playing!