Universal RAVENMARK: Mercenaries - (by Witching Hour Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Estupendo1

Estupendo1 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Will do. ;) Atm, I think after checking out Nullzone's beginner's tips thread, I've really worked out a lot of things that were confusing me eg "area of control"! Managed to win with 1 unit vs last 1 unit AI battle - PHEW!

2. Crumston

Crumston Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    #382 Crumston, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
    By the way

Hey guys, I just wanted to say:

[​IMG]

And that is all. Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen. :)

3. lockecole7

lockecole7 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Love this!

4. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    This event reminds me of every MMORPG I've ever played, minus the endless, repetitive grinding for <Insert Ridiculous # of EXP Here> on the same reskinned mobs, replaced instead by tactical depth and the need to do something other than mash attack. ;)

5. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    Awesome. :) I hope you guys take full advantage of it then.

6. lockecole7

lockecole7 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    7/10 failures on contracts today, with level 2-3 brigades....ugh can we just change the mechanics of these already? I practically lose more money sitting around waiting for brigades to get back on Cooldown than the money made from contracts.

7. Hound16

Hound16 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2012
    I was wondering where all the extra xp was coming from :-D time to start plundering!

Ps. I've been wondering. Will ardites ever be playable? Just asking since they sound so vicious in that one minor contract, and there's tons of lore about them already.

8. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Server down?

9. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Co-Founder, Witching Hour Studios
    Singapore
    sorry about that - must have been a hiccup (we're working on the arena right stuff for the server at the moment) either way, it's definitely working now :D

10. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I was wondering, what does having location services access do for Mercenaries? Would i be okay disabling it or does it use that setting for anything?

11. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    Hey dude. It doesn't affect gameplay at all, just for us to know the overall geographic location of our server traffic, so it's okay for you to turn it off if you feel like.

Cheers!

12. Estupendo1

Feb 10, 2012
    Game is immense!

The w/e xp boost just came along at the right time - and I was obviously in the right place, beginning now! :)

Learning tons: Watching some players beat me, like watching a well-oiled machine vs my falling-to-pieces, rusty old watering-can!...

Just when I had a m-player win, and thought the AI was now inferior to the real thing, it goes and does a whole load of wheeling and flipping and outsmarts me. Can't win 'em all I guess.

Had some fun chats and v nice tips from the players I've played also. Quality stuff devs. Thanks.

13. Living Legend

Living Legend Well-Known Member

May 30, 2013
    I don't location services on. And the game feels full.

14. Living Legend

Living Legend Well-Known Member

May 30, 2013
    I just finished all of the minor contracts today and I failed about half of them!

15. Gilgilad

Gilgilad Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    Since RAVENMARK: Merceneraries has released I haven't bought or played any other iOS game. I haven't had a game grab me this way in a long time.

16. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    Sigh. I know right. Damn you dice rolls!

Cheers dude! It's awesome that we have folk who are so immersed in the world. By the way, congrats on getting by the first round in the Festival of Swords. Very big win I'd say. Good luck for the next!

17. Hound16

Hound16 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2012

You can't just throw around amazingly epic words like "festival of swords" and not explain what it is -_-

18. Estupendo1

Feb 10, 2012
    Hey: I was wondering this too, but as I'm a newbie thought better not pester my betters. ;) Is it a player-organised tournie or reference to Arenas?!

Quick Q: I'm enjoying playing multiplayer (much more confident now) and working out my preferred choices of units and tactics and also which maps favor what (seemingly to me anyway!)... But my question is: How do I find some WHS "friends" to save as at a level similar to me (sorta beginner but improving I think :) )?

I'll probably rope in my bros to get this game and have matches against them, but I'd like to get a foot in the community for when eg a tournie is on the cards or check other players recent results history etc if they are ok with that?? Played a few familiar faces in the randoms already so that's kinda working out so far.

Awesome game.

19. Gilgilad

Gilgilad Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    Hey guys, the Festival of Swords is a Dev sponsored/refereed 32 person tournament going on the main Ravenmark forums with link as follows:

http://forum.ravenmark-saga.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=257

Prizes to the winner include a unique sigil.

As for meeting players to train and/or battle with, visit the offical forum as linked above and introduce yourselves, lots of awesome players there who don't mind using lower level brigades to have some great battles. Most of the tricks I have learned are from watching other players beat me with them. :).

@Crumston. Thank you, I really appreciate it and I'm really enjoying the festival, thank you for hosting it. Double XP weekend straight into a tournament has been a blast!

20. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    My bad!

Oops! Yes, sorry my bad! The Festival of Swords is a 32 man tournament I'm hosting on the Ravenmark Forums right now. Don't worry, it won't be the last! I hear the Maratellins like festivals too. :)