Universal RAVENMARK: Mercenaries - (by Witching Hour Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Tebius

Tebius Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Creative Lead//Witching Hour Studios
    Heya C.Hannum! Lemme try to address your concerns. =)

1) Yes, yes they are. We'll be overhauling how it works with the next major update. Also, we'll be adding some storyline contracts as well.

2) That's generally what the Arena is for, but I hear you. We have a fix in mind that would mitigate this problem and won't mess with the long timer, which is necessary for a game that allows you play with people on the other side of the world.

3) Said fix in (2) should also solve this problem, we're hoping.

4) I'm not certain on what we decided, but I -think- there'll be a non-ranked/invisible ELO system for multiplayer as well. This should match people of similar skill without creating the stress of maintaining your rank. But like I said, I'm not certain on this yet. Will keep you posted.

5) Agreed. Will look into solving this issue.

6) Hum. We've been skirting around this for a while. Gonna have to force everyone into a room and solidify a solution that can be implemented with what resources we have.

If you're looking for responsible players to pit yourself against, might I suggest here?

2. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    #362 jsrco, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
    I have 3 jobs and I am taking classes online. 24 hours is needed. But at least there is a timer now - I know Nullzone and I both had games that just sat collecting dust for a while.

3. lockecole7

lockecole7 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Love this post and love the reply even more. Honestly why not have a currency/experience reward that you gain in multiplayer and friendly only matches. Kinda like a PVP currency or level, like certain MMOs have. So no matter how much single player you have, you'll NEED to play PVP of some kind to get this currency, it can reward abilities or buffs. Nothing too game breaking, but more to add different strategies. Maybe even PVP specific abilities that can be locked in at the levels that currently don't have abilities. (Level 4, 6, etc.)

4. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Good to hear. Have nothing against the long timer in and of itself, it's just frustrating to be rapidly playing right until the moment you essentially have a checkmate and instead of them surrendering, or at least soldiering onward, they just disappear.

Does seem to be a new stance about every 12 hours on the official forums, must be hard to keep track of in the office ;)

Brilliant. Yes, no need for every match to count for your competitive rank, but would be nice to see matches made among similar skilled players instead of the random scene it is now.

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Let me point you the Ravenmark forums, specifically the "Brigade & Tactics" section.
    The information is spread somewhat across several threads there at the moment, though.
    If I find the time I want to write up a list of good topics, and condense the information more. But that is at least a week away, I'd say.

6. Charger

Charger Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Was that one brigade with the two Monjas de Sol & Spear units deleted in the newest update?

7. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Los Quenados. Just checked, I still have them. Did you lose yours, or can't you see them on the shoplist anymore?

8. Crumston

Crumston Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    #368 Crumston, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
    **EDIT**

Oops! Looks like Tebius already replied. Sorry bout that.

9. Estupendo1

Estupendo1 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Thank you. No worries, I did look but did not see any "Beginner's Guide" to start me off, as you say more a collection of brigade guides that still looked a bit specific. :)

Even a rudimentary Beginner's Guide, mainly "take-home helpful hints" and a few pics to illustrate... I think that would be a very cool addition for Ravenmark. I'm still enjoying learning by trial and error, but sometimes I wonder why one brigade suddenly is only moving a few squares and I need "break for it - you fools!" time!

<3 this game.

10. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    You can start with the "Tips & Tricks" here:
    http://forum.ravenmark-saga.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=39
    I just stickied that thread.

Beginner's Guide:
    Added to my evergrowing list :)
    Think I need to sit down, write a brief scope and put the tasks up on there.

@WHS: Another player asked for more illustrations / graphics in the Codex, for easier demonstration of concepts like "Zone of Control".
    How about adding that information to the Wiki first? And after a few draft cycles, check if the version is good enough to be added to the Codex.

11. Tebius

Tebius Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Shots are already taken and are being put in already. =)

12. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I still want a Lyri standard bearer... that rides on a bear.

13. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Co-Founder, Witching Hour Studios
    Singapore
    do the Lyri also have the right to ... "bear" arms? :D

14. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Color me impressed! Great job, as always.

15. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    All that 'Naked Rage' buff running around waving their "bear" hands in the air.

16. lockecole7

lockecole7 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    The world would be a better place if the 2nd amendment was read this way.

17. Living Legend

Living Legend Well-Known Member

May 30, 2013
    What does initiative do?

18. Tebius

Tebius Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Initiative denotes who gets to move first in a round. Higher is better in the codex. On the battlefield, 1 goes first, and so on. Mastering Init is mastering the game. =)

19. Estupendo1

Estupendo1 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Thank you once again. I will start hanging out in the Ravenmark forums more (though this is adding to an already bad habit!).

I had my first AI victory last night and can only so it was so much fun. I'll be prepping for multiplayer next.

20. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Co-Founder, Witching Hour Studios
    Singapore
    if you need more wins, you can hit me up for a challenge. Ian has nominated me as the official dev to beat (because it's that easy) :D