Universal RAVENMARK: Mercenaries - (by Witching Hour Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 21, 2013.

1. lockecole7

lockecole7 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Yeah I meant just holding up the brigade as a whole, not incurring cool downs. It would be nice to do contracts with a brigade while also doing a friendly match with it.

2. Estupendo1

Estupendo1 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Good ideas. Adds further strategy to tactics.

3. Tebius

Tebius Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Creative Lead//Witching Hour Studios
    #303 Tebius, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
    We'll be doing something with seasons.. somewhere down the line. Lol.

4. Xinhuan

Xinhuan Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Good news! We have increased multiplayer Random Match rewards from 10 to 100 silver for a win, and 5 silver to 25 for a draw.

As for the arena system, the intention is that the arena system will have no cooldown, have a 15 min forfeiture timer, and you can use any brigade you own even if they are on cooldown or if they are occupied in some other match or arena. You will have to form a Division out of all the brigades you own each time you start an arena match (so there is no reason not to fill it up completely with 4 different brigades). This keeps the arena system completely separate from the current Multiplayer system, which will remain as it is as the "non-ladder matches" where players can practice non-competitively against random opponents. We want to see players really go for the leaderboards.

However, it will cost some silver to start an arena match, and the winning player will win some silver from the losing player (a portion of the losing player's silver entry fee), along with the ELO and ranking adjustments. Your ELO score is called Renown. While we have not finalized what the silver cost is, we think that a player with higher Renown will need to pay more silver than a player with lower Renown. That is, the higher ranked player has more Renown and more silver at stake.

Comments and feedback are welcome.

5. Hound16

Hound16 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2012
    All in all, that sounds perfect. So you'll be able to constantly use your best brigades for high stakes games. Bring it on :-D

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Love the Arena / ranking mode idea, that will be a great addition.

The only thing I do not like is the 15 minute forfeit timer.
    I almost never have the time to finish a match in one go, so with that short a timer Arena is pretty much out for me.

Would be great if you can add an option to disable the timer when both players agree to it.
    E.g. once one player hits the "disable timer?" button, the other gets a notification and can agree or decline.

7. JustKarma

JustKarma Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Or maybe even 2 different types of area, some type of speed arena with just a few mins to take your turn and an unlimited timer arena.

8. Quintus

Quintus Member

Jun 23, 2013
    Hope not just the top lot play it, or there would be so many Lyri warbands that the wolves would go extinct.

But that would split up the player base, so personally I think a toggle option is more viable.

Send me an invite, we could always rock with Sunsouls :D (and Cainlaw justice!)

9. Tebius

Tebius Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Random matches affect ELO too, so it's essentially the slow mode of Arena.

10. lockecole7

lockecole7 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    No reason you shouldn't be able to sit down and bang out an arena match in an hour, or a half hour straight. If you can't then don't queue up.

11. Tebius

Tebius Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    After much debate in the office, we've decided on keeping the ELO for the Arena only. We'll think of something else for the random matches. (Sorry, Nullzone!)

12. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I don't mind that ELO/Ranking is for Arena only.
    My problem really is with the 15 minute timer.
    Guess I am not the only one who has problems finding an hour time in one piece.
    Which is why I ask that players can disable it if both agree.
    Like, I don't mind spending a week in a match with Crumston, because I know we can only get 1-2 turns done per day, due to time constraints and timezone difference.
    And seriously, if you can use any brigade you want, in multiple matches even if I read it right, what's the problem? Folks cannot complain about their brig being stuck, now can they?

Another question, cannot remember if you answered it already:
    Will Arena matches be invitation, random matchmaking, or both?

13. Living Legend

Living Legend Well-Known Member

May 30, 2013
    I got the notification that you get more $ for multiplayer matches. Do you also get more money for completing border skirmishes?

14. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Anyone have a suggestion of a good Tellion army to invest some time into or purchase as a newbie?

15. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I am completely mystified by the sheer lack of Mercenaries coverage on TouchArcade, this is like Summoner Wars all over again...

16. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Hello and welcome to Ravenmark!

For me, on top of the list are:
    Mallico's Madmen & Her Devoted. Strong, mobile, and nice bonus skills.

If you want to go more shooty and stationary, you have more choices. E.g.
    Belial's Bastards, Mox Mortus, Sin Incognis.

For all-out heavy Infantry, you can go for the combo
    Te Tero & Murgen's Black Brigade.

17. Living Legend

May 30, 2013
    Is the M's madmen worth buying because it happens to be a lot of money. And I keep losing.

18. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Big yes to that. If you want to see them in action, send me an invite :)

Question: Where do you keep losing? MP matches? vs. AI? Do you have any idea why?

You can always send me an invite for a practice match. If you want to play vs. specific brigades, best send me a PM first.
    Or ask for help / practice match on the Ravenmark forums. You will find enough people willing to lend you a hand.

19. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    Mallico's happens to be my favorite Tellion brigade as well. First Strike is absolutely deadly when used to maximum effect, and the high mobility of the Light Cav combined with their ridiculous +10 dmg boost upon reaching <33% hp is amazing. I won a match yesterday with MM against an extremely frustrating box-style turtle lineup because I managed to wrap my Light Cav around while my opponent was trying to step up his box and sniped the standard bearer in 3 turns. First Strike also works well against the box setup because you're guaranteed to hit 4 targets.

You can hit me up with a challenge as well if you want to test something out, as I know Nullzone has a lot of challenges going on at any given time.

20. Living Legend

May 30, 2013
    I'll buy it in a couple hours once more minor contracts come out. I'll send you both challenges soon. Thanks.