Universal RAVENMARK: Mercenaries - (by Witching Hour Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Crumston

Crumston Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    Hey guys! If you haven't dropped a vote for us yet on the TA forums: Game of the Week, please do! The link to the poll is here!

Happy midweek folks!

2. lockecole7

lockecole7 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Anyone else not get the 1000 silver for the game if the week promotion?

3. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    #243 Crumston, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    We're on it. We'll most likely be re-sending out again today. Free silver for everyoneeeeeeee!!!!

*Update* The deed has been done O' Lords of war. Spend your riches well. <Bows>

4. Hunter2-1Actual

Apr 28, 2013
    ..and what do you think to create the possibility to compare units?
    For example on the right side of the unit you can put a "button" that can permit you to see other units and finally compare what you want.

..and maybe the possibility to create our own brigade? :D

5. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    It'd be very handy to have. Simplifies things I guess. We can take it into consideration :)

It's all a question of balancing the brigades. I'm the sort to say, "never say never" but I'd say the notion of it seems extremely unlikely, as cool as it may be to make your own brigades.

Cheers!

6. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Have done it, Ravenmark: Mercenaries is the best this week!

7. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Co-Founder, Witching Hour Studios
    Singapore
    just this week? ha ha .. i kid i kid ... ^^

8. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    Cheers man. Thanks for the vote!

Lol...

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    *sigh* GotW poll shows that people cannot appreciate quality.
    Tiny Thief has a whopping 42 votes right now and looks a)crappy and b)boring. Don't get me started on comparing it to Ravenmark...

10. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    People always claim they love the indies but there drawn to the bright lights of the big name companies

11. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    The idea of building your brigade makes me think of Summoner Wars with its limited deck-building where you can use "reinforcement" cards to modify a stock deck while adhering to rules that maintain balance (one Summoner, up to 3 Champions, maximum 10 of a kind of common). Decks can only be modified with units of their own faction or of the Mercenary faction. I think this sort of brigade-building might be worth exploring, maybe for a separate mode.

As for the GotW poll, I think we all know that Ravenmark is not going to be everyone's cup of tea. It's just too heavy for the majority, but the level of interest we can see in the poll is encouraging.

12. Hunter2-1Actual

Apr 28, 2013
    Nice! It can really simplify things :)

And about the creations of brigades I think that first of all you have to choose if it have to be offensive/defensive/balanced. Second, in accordance with your first decision there will be unlocked "slots" and some other "slots" will be locked, for example, if you choose a defensive one you can't use cavalry units, if you choose an offensive one you can't choose archers , if you choose the balanced you can only buy maximum 2 cavalry or 2 archers etc..and if you choose an offensive or defensive you can place 4 similar units.
    Three, in marketplace you have to purchase or unlock with money earned during the game the "slots" to put in your units.
    Four, all units have a cost, for example 100 for archers 500 for rookguards etc..and a lot of money for "heroes" like Helram,Crumston Caldare etc..
    And then when you have bought your units you have to assemble your brigade puting them in position.

The only thind that can create problems is the multiplayer cause the differents between one who play since the first day and one who play since s week but you can resolve it creating specific lobbies, for example, the total valor of my brigade (calculated from the sum of the costs of units of brigade) is 3400 and then I can play only in lobbies where the valor of brigades is between 3000 and 4000.

I think that it can give a further personalization to "your game" and create differents war scenes not always with the same brigades. It will be a thing never seen before even in other games :)

13. Tebius

Tebius Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Creative Lead//Witching Hour Studios
    This was actually entertained for a long, long time! (Some of us play Warhammer, so it's something we're familiar with.) But at the end of the day, it added waay too much complexity.. and Ravenmark is pretty complex as it is. =X

14. Xinhuan

Xinhuan Member

Jul 13, 2013
    We are very wary about creating new game modes/lobbies at the moment, because it will split the player pool between the various game modes. Even something as simple as a "choose your forfeiture duration turn-timer" feature that a number of players have been asking for (which we have reduced from 3 days down to 1 day) will split the player pool.

That is, a player that always chooses "5 min" would never get to play against someone that always chooses "1 day", and the player pool would become fragmented into each category of timers, and lengthen the wait time for matchmaking.

15. wilflare

wilflare Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Singapore
    just thought I'll HI and show my support for an awesome game and even more awesome team from Singapore :D

16. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    My view of the forfeiture duration is that players agree upon the time upon finding a match with their opponent, and not set a specific duration beforehand. That way you won't run into issues of player segregation, though it requires a bit of coordination on the part of the players themselves. I'm sure many of us would love to see some sort of time modifier, because I'm getting increasingly tired of playing against people who take one turn every ~10 hours...

17. Tebius

Tebius Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Creative Lead//Witching Hour Studios
    <Cough> We have something coming soon that would solve that issue.

18. Living Legend

Living Legend Well-Known Member

May 30, 2013
    One thing that I think could be a change for the better is giving more money for the border skirmishes than the minor contracts.

19. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    We're working on that. As you know border skirmishes become tougher the more you do them, and we may decide to scale the rewards accordingly. :)

20. lockecole7

lockecole7 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    So what exactly makes a specific element type better against another? Is it just inherent stats and bonuses that make one effective at taking out/defending against another element, or are there bonuses vs specific elements even beyond the obvious stats.