Universal RAVENMARK: Mercenaries - (by Witching Hour Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 21, 2013.

1. lockecole7

lockecole7 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Is there a specific reason why you win or lose minor contracts? Or is it just random. Do certain type of brigades fair better in different types of contracts?

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Currently brigades (type and/or level) do not influence M.C.s .
    There is a chance to succeed (e.g. 60%) for each particular contract, and then it is random roll against the success chance.

Here's to hoping that this will change sometime (e.g. to factoring brig level in), but I imagine this is rather low on the WHS backburner.

3. Tebius

Tebius Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Creative Lead//Witching Hour Studios
    A higher level brigade actually has a better chance of success. =)

4. Reydn

Reydn Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I agree with all this positive commentary :)

5. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I am getting close 40+ on everything but Estore which is at 90. Any mission that is 60 silver > level 2 if available. 100 silver my higher ups.

6. Quintus

Quintus Member

Jun 23, 2013
    Aw damn, the Sin Incognis got nerfed one unit.

On the bright side, so did the nettlesong lurkers.(eheheheheheh)

Guess its back to Semper Aticus and Ventures.

7. Crumston

Crumston Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    Yeah :( It's the only reason I'm not complaining... yet. Hahaha. Ventus Ventures V ftw!

8. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    First Ravenmark Tournament!

For anyone who is interested, fellow player TheOneCrydd started the first Ravenmark:Mercenaries tournament.
    You can find the thread for it on the Ravenmark forums, here: http://forum.ravenmark-saga.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36 .
    Unfortunately the roster is already full, so you can only be spectators this time.
    Judging from the positive and numerous responses, I guess there will be more tournaments over time.
    Hopefully all matches will get uploaded to Everyplay.

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Had a match with Crumston where I got smashed. He concluded that Sin Incognis needs a power boost, let's see how that turns out.

And Nettlesong are still number one buttkicker out there ;)

Can't remember if I ever tried Semper & Ventures, added to my list, thanks.

10. Quintus

Quintus Member

Jun 23, 2013
    Damn, would've been a mind opener to play against the top leagues.(Time to gather all the secrets of defeating boars,helram and jabbawockies)

Well, if the Sin Incognis aren't getting power balanced, its kinda extortionistic.
    I mean 10k(100 favour) for a brigade that's basically Semper Aticus minus the rookguard and replaced with a crowseer is really pricey.

11. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Touch Arcade forums’ Game of the Week Poll Nomination

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ravenmark: Mercenaries was successfully nominated as a candidate for voting in Touch Arcade forum’s Game of the Week. Voting will occur over the next three days. Developers may not vote for their own game, only active TA members may vote.

Here’s a link to voting: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2899773

12. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @Quintus: I don't consider myself to be "top league", but if you feel like a match send me an invite. If you want to test a specific brigade setup, just send me a PM and I will try to accomodate.

Sin Incognis: Didn't look at it from this angle. The way you describe it, they definitely need a power upgrade. The Crowseer is nice, but not good enough to compare to a Rookguard.

---
    Also, voted for R:M as GotW.

13. Uberskooper

Uberskooper Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2012
    The Sin Incognis contain the more elite Cainlaw soldiers rather than just the regular Tellions. They are still better. I'm just sad that the Ravensbane lost the two pike elements. That was a really good brigade I (maybe to good). Now it's very vulnerable to cavalry and other fast moving things.

14. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Co-Founder, Witching Hour Studios
    Singapore
    its probably my fault Ravensbane lost those 2 pike elements ... I was telling Ian how I was on a roll (except for you jsrco... you'll pay for what you did to my poor Ravensbane!!) haha!

15. Tebius

Tebius Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Creative Lead//Witching Hour Studios
    Yup. Cainlaw are immune to Morale Broken, along with the better stats. =)

16. Uberskooper

Apr 6, 2012
    It might be worth considering putting one pike element in. I think right now the Ravensbane has a really hard time dealing with anything fast and still fending off advancing infantry.

17. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    What's a good Tellion army to work on getting and raise up?

18. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    #218 ChocoVanilla, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
    I would even say that adding another Guardsmen element and breaking them off into two Deuces would add quite a bit to the brigade.

It honestly depends on your preferences, because every brigade should be equally balanced. If you had to choose a Tellion brigade to work towards, you might as well go big and grab the Sin Incognis. My personal favorite, and a lot easier to attain, is Mallico's Madmen.

EDIT: I find it odd that the Cainlaw units use the same element models as the Earthbound. It can get quite confusing when I don't click on the elements and just look at their models on the battlefield.

19. Uberskooper

Apr 6, 2012
    The Cainlaw units are grey and the regular Tellions are red. I think they are supposed to be equipped in the same way because both were part of the Imperial army during the original story.

20. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    First of all, this( and SOE) are both amazing games and you guys are officially in my top ten dev list.
    Ok so now that I have a fair amount of silver, I was wondering what brigade to buy( I started with Esotre and haven't bought any btw).