Universal RAVENMARK: Mercenaries - (by Witching Hour Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 21, 2013.

1. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    As long as you use the same WHS account as you play both games they'll be unlocked automatically in Mercs after you beat a campaign in SOE.

EDIT: Apologies for the double post, can't multiquote on my phone.

2. Uberskooper

Uberskooper Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2012
    I went with Esotre because I chose Tellions in the beta and thought the standard bearer sprite would have a different color guard if I chose another faction. I also like their weird science and steampunk feel.

3. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    EST. I work till 930 tonight then I'm off Fri/Sat and down to try. :)

4. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    So the chance to hit caused by a computation of Melee / Range Rating - Melee / Range Armor of the target has been replaced by just an adjustment of the damage caused to a unit, correct? Can anyone give the actual damage factor computations? Thanks!

5. DeadGuy427

DeadGuy427 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    US Army Infantry
    Lacey, WA
    Are there any plans to add new brigades or expansion maps?

6. Crumston

Crumston Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    #186 Crumston, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
    Hi there!

Hello!

Just wanted to keep you guys updated.

First off, if you've been enjoying reading up on the Makkre stuff that's been going on, you can grab our e-book compilation here. (The title on the cover is a little mispelt :p We intend to change it ASAP. Guess Makkre ran out of ink before he could finish).

Makkre's travels basically serves as a prologue to Ravenmark: Mercenaries, and is a novella consisting of letters from the titular character to his many friends, namely Aelise, about his travels. His letters are also available on our website, and you can read them all here as well!

So yeaps that's it with the updates! Enjoy the weekend folks! I suspect I'll be busy playing Mercenaries this weekend :p

Cheers,
    Khai

7. Crumston

Crumston Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    You better believe it, brotha. :)

8. Tebius

Tebius Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Creative Lead//Witching Hour Studios
    If math is your thing, here you go. =D

Lots and lots and lots more. As long as it's financially viable. =)

9. DeadGuy427

DeadGuy427 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    US Army Infantry
    Lacey, WA
    This game is amazing...it's been a long time since I felt real tension playing against someone else, but I have had a few close rounds that left me cheering...or utterly crushed. Highly recommended!

10. breender

breender Active Member

Apr 5, 2012

I picked Varishah, as it say its work outside battle field.

That say.. does different starting nation have different Commander Traits?

11. ChocoVanilla

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    It makes no difference which nation you choose to start off as apart from the initial favor distributions and starting brigades, afaik.

12. breender

breender Active Member

Apr 5, 2012
    I see, thanks for your information.

13. lockecole7

lockecole7 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    #193 lockecole7, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
    Just want to clarify a couple of things. Are there any brigades that can't be unlocked without buying the collector and elite collector set? Does the elite set just make you able to unlock everything from the beginning? Also can I customize any of my brigades any way I want? Are the ones you can buy basically templates that can be arranged any way you want after they are purchased? Does purchasing a brigade which has a particular unit let you be able to use that unit in any other brigade?

I'm seeing that the old version is on sale, SOE. Is $4.99 the sale price, or is that the original price? I don't see any advertisement that it went on sale for a week.

Also, is logging into Facebook on both games enough to get the unlock from purchasing SOE for Mercs? Or do I need to make an account.

14. Xinhuan

Xinhuan Member

Jul 13, 2013
    #194 Xinhuan, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
    The Collector edition contains 3 brigades that cannot be obtained anywhere else. The Elite edition also contains these 3 brigades.

The Elite set gets you every brigade (including the 6 brigades that you would get normally from completing SOE) except Lost Boars, which is an exclusive brigade for users who bought the Deepwood Dragoons IAP in SOE before we switched pricing models and made it free about a year ago. The Elite set does not include any future new brigades that are introduced.

The brigades come as-is in the displayed 5x5 grid, you cannot customize their starting positions within the 5x5 grid or change/move any of the units in it. Brigade customization comes in the form of Promotion when it has reached enough experience where you award it a Medal to give it a small permanent boost of some kind (HP, Attack or Defense) for each promotion.

The $4.99 sale price is 50% off the full price of $9.99. It was announced here discreetly: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=112975&page=127 (post #1269) and also on the Ravenmark's Facebook page.

Using Facebook to log into the game automatically makes you an account (that uses the email address of the Facebook account), just make sure to use the same account on both games to link them together. Purchasing SOE however doesn't get you the free brigades - it is by playing and completing each campaign in SOE (and syncing that progress to the WHS servers) that unlocks the brigades in Mercs. One Mercs brigade is awarded for completing the last mission of each campaign. A mission is considered complete if it has at least 1 star (by completing it on Easy mode - this mode simply doubles the health of all your units).

So to summarize:
    Brigades in MarketPlace: Hire them, or Elite edition
    6 unique brigades from completing SOE: Complete each campaign in SOE on at least Easy mode, or Elite Edition
    3 unique brigades: Collectors edition or Elite Edition
    Lost Boars: Unavailable unless purchased an obsolete IAP a year ago in SOE

15. lockecole7

lockecole7 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Are you with the company? If so, the quickness and thoroughness of that reply is more than enough to convince me to buy not only SOE, but upgrade to the collectors edition (at least.)

Seriously, it's hard to find good, honest and talented developers nowadays in the business of making good games, and not just money, and you guys are impressing me so far. Take my money.

16. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Co-Founder, Witching Hour Studios
    Singapore
    Yup xinhuan is with us :) he is one of our programmers. (Listed as sin huan)

17. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    They are doing a great job, and are very responsive. Seriously, one of the best studios around.
    Just don't forget that we have to feed them now and then, let them catch some sleep and exercise on the hamster wheel :p

18. ChocoVanilla

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    Don't forget those adorable exercise balls. ;)

Seriously though, WHS are by far the most receptive and communicative iDevice developers I've had the pleasure of interacting with, this coming from years of beta testing experience with numerous companies. They make a high quality product and are always willing to address community concerns. It's too bad Ravenmark doesn't get more recognition for the great game that it is.

19. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    WHS are close to being my favorite iOS developers and are in my top 5 indie developers on any platform. They are incredibly hard-working, dedicated, ambitious and have enough spirit to not let the app store trends grind them into defeat. I really hope that the Ravenmark projects lead to much, much bigger things for them in future.

20. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Well all this dev love should transfer into lots of votes for game of the week