Universal Rapture - World Conquest (by Tundra)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Zineman

Zineman Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2014
    Dev has kindly put in an option for people like me (who originally bought the game when it was paid, but never got round to installing it because of a huge backlog of games and no space!) to check your purchase receipt and give you the vip pass even if you've only just installed it. Was cursing when I heard it had gone free and thought I'd missed out, great news!

2. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #82 Lavender, May 19, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
    Wow. After only a month. Shame.....

Has the game changed to needing more coins to play or is it still the same? Eventually, coins run out, and it won't matter if the game was paid for previously or not.

Thank you

3. Columbo

Columbo Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2014
    Hi, Rapture has been a paid title for eight months, not one month, we originally released back in September 2014.

The game economy is unchanged from when it was a paid title. We haven't introduced energy/timer mechanics or hiked the in-game shop prices or anything like that. The main difference is the introduction of adverts which pop up after each game, and incentivized videos which can be watched for in-game currency.

Existing users get our VIP pack which means that adverts will be disabled, so paid users shouldn't experience any negative change to their experience. But we know it's not a nice feeling when something you paid for becomes free, so we've also made sure that they get a coin doubler and 10000 extra coins to soften the impact.

4. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I am sorry. I did not realize the original release date. I read the year wrong I think. Duh....
    I am also sorry that you had to change it in the 1st place. I truly hope that it works out better for you!
    My biggest concern was timers and the amount of grinding for a single coin. I'll try it and definitely purchase an iap if I like it. Thank you for your response.

5. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    A lot of games have made a really bad jump from paid to freemium. It sounds like you've done it well. I appreciate that.

I hope it works out well for you.