Universal Rapture - World Conquest (by Tundra)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 13, 2014.

1. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    #1 PeteOzzy, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014

Rapture - World Conquest

Squaresweets Games
    "4.5 out of 5 - ...there are plenty of world conquering strategy games out there, but this one has a fantastically frene…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "4.5 out of 5 - ...there are plenty of world conquering strategy games out there, but this one has a fantastically frenetic pace that is perfect for on-the-go gaming." - TouchArcade.com "Unlike other strategy games it gets your mind racing, reacting to what's happening, and before you realise it's all over and you're raring to go again." - Pocket Gamer "Like Sid Meier's Civilization on a sugar rush, Rapture: World Conquest accelerates centuries of global conflict into mere minutes for a super-fast strategy experience the likes of which I've never seen." - IGN.com The End is coming! Bombard the globe with devastating miracles and decimate the enemy civilizations. Guide your armies to dominate the planet and catch your people up to heaven! Fast, frantic, global population annihilation! ==================== Features – Fast, simple gameplay – squeezing 3000 years of civilization into a 5 minute blitz – Play against 3 friends online or over local wifi – 12 devastating miracles to hurl down from above - Meteors, Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Volcanoes and others – Dozens of civilizations to take control of and lead to victory – Fast strategic action as you battle to control the largest number of regions before the end of times – New civilizations, globe shapes, skies and atmospheres to unlock – Dozens of achievements and missions to complete ** Compatibility: iPad 2 and higher ** ** Compatibility: iPhone 3GS and higher ** ==================== Rapture - World Conquest is a fast paced real-time strategy game that puts you in the celestial shoes of a jealous god. Guide your followers through the ages and vanquish the unbelievers in the surrounding kingdoms. Send your armies to take over regions and expand your realm. As your followers rise in numbers their adulation will provide mana allowing you to unleash devastating miracles – lightning storms, hurricanes, floods and other death from above. Conquer the globe and as the supreme deity you will lift your people up to heaven and leave your remaining enemies to the apocalypse. Should you risk all on military engagements? On science and technical achievements? Or improve farming to boost productivity? Or perhaps your followers should spend their time praising you, giving you the power to unleash more miracles. Inspired by classic god games such as Civilization and Populous, reinvented for short match times on mobile. There are dozens of missions, achievements and unlockable content. You are a jealous god, wipe out the minions of your rivals, conquer the world and rapture your people. ==================== We hope you enjoy playing Rapture – World Conquest! We are keen to hear your ideas for new features! Please get in touch. VISIT US: www.tundragames.com LIKE US: facebook.com/tundragames FOLLOW US: @tundragames WATCH US: youtube.com/tundragames Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and let us know what you think.
    Information
    Seller:Squaresweets Games
    Genre:Arcade, Strategy
    Release:Sep 14, 2014
    Updated:Dec 09, 2022
    Version:1.3.6
    Size:97.7 MB
    User Rating: (10)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Sadly it seems to be PTW ... you can buy extra gold ... :(

Why that? Without that I would pay 5 - 7 Euro for it ... now: not even for free! :(

3. Columbo

Columbo Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2014
    #3 Columbo, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
    This is our more up to date trailer. Doesn't seem to embed for me, @PeteOzzy, if you could update your link that'd be awesome: Updated Trailer

We've been quite careful to make sure the IAPs are quite gentle. You can buy extra gold, but most of the shop items are aesthetic/customization items.

Gold can also be used to skip missions or buy extra in-game boosts which could be construed as pay to win. However, if you're struggling, then there is a difficulty setting to adjust, so we don't feel players will be forced to spend. There is no energy/timer mechanic to prevent you from playing whenever you want to.

Edit: Also, I'm afraid this is a New Zealand only soft launch, so it won't "be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time". We're not planning a long soft launch period though, so as long as we don't discover any showstopping bugs, there shouldn't be very long to wait before a worldwide release.

4. Columbo

Columbo Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2014
    Rapture - World Conquest released worldwide

Rapture - World Conquest

Squaresweets Games
    "4.5 out of 5 - ...there are plenty of world conquering strategy games out there, but this one has a fantastically frene…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "4.5 out of 5 - ...there are plenty of world conquering strategy games out there, but this one has a fantastically frenetic pace that is perfect for on-the-go gaming." - TouchArcade.com "Unlike other strategy games it gets your mind racing, reacting to what's happening, and before you realise it's all over and you're raring to go again." - Pocket Gamer "Like Sid Meier's Civilization on a sugar rush, Rapture: World Conquest accelerates centuries of global conflict into mere minutes for a super-fast strategy experience the likes of which I've never seen." - IGN.com The End is coming! Bombard the globe with devastating miracles and decimate the enemy civilizations. Guide your armies to dominate the planet and catch your people up to heaven! Fast, frantic, global population annihilation! ==================== Features – Fast, simple gameplay – squeezing 3000 years of civilization into a 5 minute blitz – Play against 3 friends online or over local wifi – 12 devastating miracles to hurl down from above - Meteors, Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Volcanoes and others – Dozens of civilizations to take control of and lead to victory – Fast strategic action as you battle to control the largest number of regions before the end of times – New civilizations, globe shapes, skies and atmospheres to unlock – Dozens of achievements and missions to complete ** Compatibility: iPad 2 and higher ** ** Compatibility: iPhone 3GS and higher ** ==================== Rapture - World Conquest is a fast paced real-time strategy game that puts you in the celestial shoes of a jealous god. Guide your followers through the ages and vanquish the unbelievers in the surrounding kingdoms. Send your armies to take over regions and expand your realm. As your followers rise in numbers their adulation will provide mana allowing you to unleash devastating miracles – lightning storms, hurricanes, floods and other death from above. Conquer the globe and as the supreme deity you will lift your people up to heaven and leave your remaining enemies to the apocalypse. Should you risk all on military engagements? On science and technical achievements? Or improve farming to boost productivity? Or perhaps your followers should spend their time praising you, giving you the power to unleash more miracles. Inspired by classic god games such as Civilization and Populous, reinvented for short match times on mobile. There are dozens of missions, achievements and unlockable content. You are a jealous god, wipe out the minions of your rivals, conquer the world and rapture your people. ==================== We hope you enjoy playing Rapture – World Conquest! We are keen to hear your ideas for new features! Please get in touch. VISIT US: www.tundragames.com LIKE US: facebook.com/tundragames FOLLOW US: @tundragames WATCH US: youtube.com/tundragames Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and let us know what you think.
    Information
    Seller:Squaresweets Games
    Genre:Arcade, Strategy
    Release:Sep 14, 2014
    Updated:Dec 09, 2022
    Version:1.3.6
    Size:97.7 MB
    User Rating: (10)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

YouTube: video

Posted by the dev.

5. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    #5 Mythbuster, Sep 15, 2014
    Why a second Thread? Here is the original one: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=242338 :confused:

And still: Without iAP I would purchase it without thinking twice ... but with the 'buying gold' option it is a no go for me ... and I hope for most of the gamer here, too!

Sadly, this kind of PTW makes the iOS gaming more and more uninteresting for me ... last year I spent around 1.200,- Euro for iOS gaming ... this year it will be around the half ... instead of I am going back to my Alienware Notebook ... :cool:

6. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Coin Doubler seems fine to me, for this kind of game, I think. IAP are subtle

7. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Precisely, plenty of premium games have IAPs. It's impossible to judge how pushed they are without playing it so it's rather overly-dramatic to write it off as pay-to-win already.

8. cheese_block

cheese_block Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Seems a bit harsh to write off the whole game for a few light IAPs, even before you've played it. The IAPs are only coin packs for players that don't want to wait to earn coins, they don't affect the core game at all.

I would agree that games where IAPs are essential to the game are frustrating. But it's not the case here. Light, considered IAPs help fund indie studios and keep the price down for more hardcore gamers.

9. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Ok, I purchased it ... and there are coin packs up to 20,99 Euro! :eek:

Right now, in my opinion it seems that I have to pay for everything ... for every little upgrade or extra. Even background pictures are only to get by coins ...

So, I will check, how many 'coins' I will earn with normal game play ... but right now I am not very happy with it ...

Oh and by the way: There are also consumable purchases ... if the coins would only be for new planets or other things which will 'stay' ... it would be ok ... but I have to buy also for some power ups which I can only use once ...

So we will se, how many coins we will get within the game ...

10. cheese_block

cheese_block Member

Sep 5, 2014
    IAPs aside, what do you think of the game itself?

11. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Ok, right now, after the tutorial ... I would rate it ffour to ive stars without iAps!

The graphics are good, the UI is simple and clear ... the gameplay seems to be a good mixture between Populous and Galcon ...

Right now I cannot say anything about the AI and I have no idea how far I will get without purchasing gold packs ... I will try this later after work and then we will see ... ;)

12. cheese_block

cheese_block Member

Sep 5, 2014
    That's really interesting to know - currently 4/5 without IAPs. We really want the game to appeal to hardcore arcade gamers and certainly don't want to put people off with IAPs.

If you can let me know what you think of the balancing of gold - the game should be completely playable without purchasing any IAPs, they are only there for people that want to "cheat" and there shouldn't be any consequences from playing the game "properly". If there is, we'll consider rebalancing with an update.

13. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Ok, that sounds fair! :cool: ;)

14. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    OK, I had a pause and played a little bit. There is one thing: Everything should be saved on Cloudsaving ... and maybe you should be able to buy every gold pack only once! (Like at Plants vs. Zombies 1) :)

After Restore the gold should restored on every device you own ... this would be fair. ;)

Then you can purchase all extras you have paid on one device also on a new device or your second one ... I have right now an iPad Air, a Mini Retina and an iPhone 5s ... the iPhone 6+ comes this weekend ... :D

I hope, you understand, what I am trying to say. ;)

15. iammike

iammike Active Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Middle of Vermont
    #15 iammike, Sep 15, 2014
    Eagerly awaiting more reviews re: IAP. I'd likely have bought already if it were IAP-free because it looks like a pretty fun and unique game. Hopefully more folks will take the gamble that I'm not willing to.

And unfortunately for the developer, this game will now fall off my radar unless it hits my RSS feeds again (I don't visit here often). You get one chance with my wallet, game devs. Don't IAP yourself out of business.

16. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    OK, I have played four games and I got 520 - 610 gold per game (with the gold doubler purchase for 2,69 Euro) ...

Well ...

1. I had three crashes on my iPad Air in four games ... :mad:

2. A simple "god power" productivity boost costs 1.500 gold ... so decide yourself if this is a fair deal ...

At Pocket Tactics someone wrote: ... then I started to get missions that required that I spended gold on them, like buying costum skin etc. and to reset my missions I need gold. ... :(

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/ios-news/trouble-tribulations-rapture-world-conquest-ios/#vanilla-comments

17. cheese_block

cheese_block Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Thanks for the feedback guys. This is our first title and we want to hear what gamers like and dislike about the game. It sounds like you enjoy the gameplay itself, which is a relief and the hardest thing to fix.

Doing the "one of each pack" suggestion might be a little tricky to add quickly, but we'll look into it. We'll certainly look into the crashes when the error logs appear on Flurry and we'll look to making the gold per game more balanced in the next update.

FYI - we also plan to have multiplayer in a forthcoming update, probably near xmas.

18. iammike

iammike Active Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Middle of Vermont
    Nope. It might be a fine balance for a F2P game, but not a $3 one. A dual currency system might work, but I'm gonna pass on the risk until IAP is removed or not required to continue play. Even if the game were to go free, I'd pass because F2P is the root of all evil.

19. BadMrFrosty

BadMrFrosty Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    I was interested too until I read about the iap for a $3 game so I'm going to pass too. Sorry but wish you luck!

20. Hypocrypha

Hypocrypha Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Rediculous. Glad to see fellow members TOFTT and keep devs in check. Seriously, first game, have you been living under a rock for the past few years or just been following Warrior forums how to increase the cash cow. Damn, I love games like this too.