Rankings

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by CodeCritical, Nov 15, 2010.

1. CodeCritical

CodeCritical Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Hey everyone.

I see a lot of people talking about rankings. As we've only been in the store for a day, I'm guessing it won't apply for a bit of time.

That being said, I see a top 300 on appadvice. Is that the only way to find your ranking, or is there a place in the store or somewhere that tells you.

Many thanks for any help.

Melia

2. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
  3. CodeCritical

Sep 27, 2010
    Very cool. Thanks a bunch!

You can't see your ranking in the app store, can you? It's only on other sites that keep ranks?

4. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Most other sites ranking are not very accurate at all, and are usually a day or more behind. Your phone/touch can see the top 50 apps, and top 100's in each category, as well as top 100's in each game category. iPad store shows much less. iTunes on your computer will show you the top 200 of every subsection you could possibly think of. But Majicrank is the best for tracking things live, as it scrapes directly from Apple's own info.

5. If you want things straight from the source you can try

http://itunes.apple.com/rss/generator/

You can use this to get an rss feed of the top 300 apps in each of the top level categories in each country.

If you fiddle with the resulting url, you used to be able to change the # of results up to 500.

I don't know if it is possible to work out a groupID for the game subcategories.

MajicRank is very good though, and much a much easier way to get all the data, plus it tracks changes over time.

6. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

We prefer Appfigures. Its $5 a month but its more then worth it imo. The interface is amazingly clean, has hourly rank tracking for all countries, a nice way to look at the breakdown of your sales, including the breakdown from each region, one place to look at all your itunes reviews from all countries (including translations), and a few more cool features.

http://www.appfigures.com/

I think you can also try a free 30 day trial.

7. CodeCritical

Sep 27, 2010
    Thanks a bunch ... VERY helpful.

I feel like a sports caster, but Frog Checkers is #127 out of 500 in kids games. HUZZAH :)

Melia

8. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Just beware, you may get HIGHLY addicted to chart watching! Haha when we first released N.Y.Zombies our lives basically revolved around the hourly rank updates for the first few days.

9. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    This happened to me too at first. Now, I "only" check 2 or 3 times a week.