Universal Random Heroes 3 (by Ravenous Games Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 12, 2014.

1. addink

addink Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Missing the exact same :(

2. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Sadly, I will hold out for this one.
    If the skulls are needed and are simply not there...I will wait for an update (that may never come).

3. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Ravenous Games are working on it as per their Twitter response.

4. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    See? You never, ever, buy Android. #

5. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #65 rIcHrAnDoM, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
    Ha ha, I know right. Now I'm using an upgraded Agent and an upgraded AK47 and am pretty much unstoppable, save for mistimed jumps...

6. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Okay guys, I just unlocked the King and here are some observations.

He doesn't improve enemies coins as much as I was hoping for, at least not for weaker enemies. When he kills an enemy that normally drops 2 silver coins, they'll only drop 1 gold coin, not 2. So instead of a 500% increase it is only around a 150% increase. But it's still higher than the Viking's 100% increase. Also, on stronger enemies the King's bonus is MUCH higher.

A word of warning about switching Heroes mid-level, I was playing as the King and had been shot once so I had 12 health, then I switched to the Agent to reach a high platform. The Agent had 5 health, his maximum. Then I switched back to the King. The King now only had 5 health, so I lost 7 health by switching to the Agent. So my advice would be to kill all the enemies in a level as the King first, then switch to the Agent and the Punk to go collect all of the gold coins that the King couldn't reach. That way you get the most health.

I ran through level 2-12 and I collected around 385 coins in one run with the King. If I run that level 3 times I'll have over 1000 coins very quickly. So I still recommend the King until I learn more about the Dinosaur.

Finally, I have another trick you can use on an enemy. Those Flying Heads will stop moving towards you as soon as they are off the edge of the screen. So you can trigger one, lead it over solid ground (so the coins don't fall down pits) and then scroll the screen until they are off screen. Now you can simply aim at where they are and kill them off screen while they can't move. It makes areas with lots of spike pits and Flying Heads much easier and more profitable.

7. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #67 rIcHrAnDoM, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
    TBH, the "missing" skulls aren't really an issue as I'm progressing very nicely. With a skull every level I think there wouldn't be much of challenge. Honestly, I think the developer spaced them out only on certain levels.

Ok, on closer look, it does on the world select screen say X out of however many levels. So there was intended to be one per level. I stick by what I said though, that would make you able to max everything out really quickly.

8. TheRybka

TheRybka Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2013
    I don't understand the point of health "carrying over." Like, alright, I end a level with 2 HP - when I start the next level, I'll just suicide to get full health. That's just wasting my time.

9. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    There's definately supossed to be a skull on every level, otherwise there wouldn't be a skull icon to unlock on each level select. Plus that's part of the fun of the game, locating each skull. Sure getting them all will help with the unlocks, but assuming they are hidden somewhat, it's not a given that you get one simply by playing the level, gotta put some effort into finding them. Kinda like finding the shorts in the "Mikey" games...

10. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Okay, so I unlocked the Dinosaur. It seems like there is about a 20% chance that an enemy will leave an egg behind when they die. Inside the eggs can be either more coins, a health pack, or a crystal skull. I collected 3 skulls from eggs in a single level. There aren't that many coins in the eggs, and they're mostly silver, so the King is still the best hero hands down for farming coins. But the Dinosaur is pretty useful for farming skulls.

Also the Twinigun is a beast!

11. Supagoat

Supagoat Member

Apr 9, 2013
    I may just be blind and missing it, or maybe it doesn't have it and that's why I can't find it....

But does RH3 have mfi controller support?

12. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Nope

13. uFinKnow

uFinKnow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    I really enjoy the strategy of the levels. Great upgrades. 5 star from me. Cheers!! Now we need Devious Dungeon 2!!!

14. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    There are two skulls in world 1 level 18.

15. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I'm not seeing more than one. Where is the second?

16. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    So, somewhat of a reiteration. I have now beat the game, not 100% but beat the boss on Underground and seriously it was fairly easy, given the limited amount of skulls available. I've now purchased King and Dinosaur in my attempt to go back and three star every level and buy 100% of characters and weapons, I enjoyed myself that much, and I want those achievements lol

Richard

17. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Ok, per Ravenous Games Twitter:

"@ravenousgames: Patched up the levels that are missing skull collectables in RH3. Also fixed a crash issue people were having. Submitting for review today."

18. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    I would recommend using the Dinosaur on Chapters 1 & 2 to get skulls and using the King on Chapter 3 to get coins. The King can make over 1000 coins per level on some of the last levels in Chapter 3.

The fully upgraded Twinigun is a beast, but the fully upgraded Twin Rocket is pretty much an instant kill versus most enemies.

19. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Couldn't possibly agree more! Love this game... Devious Dungeon is still my favorite from Ravenous!

20. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    The update is out to stock ALL levels with skulls and fixes a crashing bug I was having while using Agent and sticking to walls :D