Universal Random Heroes 3 (by Ravenous Games Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 12, 2014.

1. adansantos

adansantos Well-Known Member

May 29, 2013
    Would love to add my two cents, but after the Ravenous Games splash screen I get nothing but a black screen with sound. :(

IPhone 6, iOS 8.1

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I also am really liking RH3. I love how much improved my hero is after leveling him up, and how much strategy is involved in choosing weapons. There's a good variety in enemies, level design and traps. Some of the levels seem kind of samey, but that has alot to do with the environment ie. the first levels are set in a compound. All in all for a buck you really can't go wrong here.

3. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    I have a iPhone 6+ and the loading times for the game are in the minutes. This can't be right? Any chance of an update for the problem?

4. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Loving this. Great follow up game. Controls are tight as always. I guess I have to learn where to look, but the skulls seem impossible to find. Don't mind though as just adds to the replay value.

5. adansantos

adansantos Well-Known Member

May 29, 2013
    Yeah, although my problem was fixed by a reboot, it still crashes every now and then, and WORST OF ALL, it is not optimised for iPhone 6 or 6+ :mad:

6. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Do the enemies take a lot of bullets to die like RH2?

7. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Not really, some do, but an upgrade to your hero or weapon usually balances things out.

8. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Do the enemies take a lot of bullets to die like RH2?

9. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Any hero suggestions? I'm using an upgraded ninja as I like the double jump ability....any other reccos? Feel like you need a wall climber to find certain skulls?

10. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    That's who I'm using and haven't had any real probs so far.

11. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Thanks for that.... Have you found all the skulls in the Compound using him? Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places. What gun are you using?

12. jordanfwc

jordanfwc Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2013
    SO excited to play this :D

13. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I haven't found nearly all yet. I'm using an upgraded twinshot. Love it because I can hit almost any angle with it.

14. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    #34 TRB4, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
    In RH2 I only ever used 2 heroes for the whole game (excluding the starter hero). I first unlocked the Agent for his double jump and amazing speed and height stats, then I unlocked the King for his coin multiplier. I also only ever used the Blaster Rifle as i felt it had the best overall stats.

In RH3 my planned approach is much the same. First I'll save up 1750 coins to unlock the Agent as I feel his improved mobility will make it easier to find hidden skulls and reach the exit before the timer. Then I plan to save up 4,000 to unlock the King since he essentially increases enemy coin output by up to 500%, thus making coin gathering for weapons and upgrades much quicker. After that I'll gather 5400 coins for the Twinigun. Then I'll begin working on upgrades. I think I am also going to unlock the Punk so I can collect all of the coins that fall into spike pits, especially after I unlock the King. I hate seeing 5 of the 7 gold coins that shoot out of an enemy fall into a spike pit.

I am somewhat curious about the Dinosaur hero however, depending on how often enemies create eggs and what is inside of them, the Dinosaur might gather coins even faster than the King. So if anyone feels like taking one for the team and testing out the Dinosaur I would love to know how his ability works.

EDIT: Just a heads up, the Agent not only has a double jump, he also has the ability to wall slide and infinite wall jumps. I was worried that the Adventurer may have been needed for really tall walls that the Agent couldn't double jump up to, but that's not the case. The agent moves so quickly and jumps so high that it really makes the game a lot more fun in my opinion.

Oh and by the way, the Viking has got nothing on the King. If a basic enemy usually drops 2 silver coins, that's 2 coins total with most characters, 4 coins with the Viking, and 10 coins with the King.

I have also noticed a couple glitches so far:

1) If you use the Agent's wall slide while facing a wall on the left and are lifted up by a vertically moving platform the Agent will remain in his wall sliding pose even when the platform is no longer next to the wall. It only works when wall sliding on a left wall though, the right wall will behave normally.

2) Now for a bug that is actually useful. If you trigger an enemy to turn around to shoot you at the EXACT same time that they hit a wall and turn around the enemy will start rapidly turning left and right and will be unable to move or shoot. This can be abused as you see fit.

15. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Another glitch with the Agent, if you use the double jump right as you touch the surface of water and are able to jump before you touch the ground in the water and land on normal ground the Agent will continue to move as if he is walking in water. You can fix this by standing in water and jumping back out.

16. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Looks like I'll be abandoning the ninja and going with the agent ;)

17. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    I just did the same thing....great tip on agent. Now I'm at a complete loss as to where the skull is on level 2. Searched every inch.

18. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#38 Anotherkellydown, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
    Went to play on my iPad but the cloud save isn't working... Bummer. Ok, took a bit of fiddling around but I got it to work...

A little tip about hidden walls. If you shoot a normal wall, there will be a little particle effect sort of thing. On invisible walls, the bullet goes right through. Good for finding secret areas.

19. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    #39 TRB4, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
    Yeah, same here. I am starting to worry that the level designer may have forgotten to put skulls in several levels. There are quite a few levels where I have been unable to locate the skull, but i have found a secret room that holds only coins. So I am wondering if the skull was supposed to be there.

Also a lot of the skulls that I have found weren't even hidden at all. they were simply sitting right out in the open. So I somehow doubt that the skulls are hidden absurdly well on other levels.

On level 2 I tried:

- sliding on every wall from top to bottom.
    - I shot both wooden boxes for over 2 minutes because I thought the skull might be inside. (I might still try again with a flamethrower or rocket).
    - I held the jump button and stopped every couple steps just in case the secret area was below a drop through platform.

So unless those boxes are destructible with a flamethrower or rocket I'm inclined to believe that the skull is missing for now until a patch is released.

The Agent: Great for finding secret areas.:p /jk

But thanks for the tip, that is what I used to do before switching to the Agent.

20. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY