Universal Ramboat (by Genera Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Jmclaveria

Jmclaveria Active Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Thanks Lancheta. Seems strange because I play with an iPad Mini 2 too and never got black screen. I will take a deep look now.

2. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah, my gems are also stuck on 8.

3. lancheta

lancheta Well-Known Member

May 20, 2012
    Just got a flush hand :)

4. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    I also got a black screen now. First time, I was playing for a while. iPhone 5s. Newest version of the game.

5. lancheta

lancheta Well-Known Member

May 20, 2012
    The sound still worked, but the current run was no longer playable. The progress was lost on that run.

6. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Same, the sound still worked.

7. loptr

loptr Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Information Architect
    Singapore
    Wow. So I died then drew four of a kind, for four gems and a second chance at the run. Played a bit more then when I emerged from the cave to the second stage, black screen. Sound kept going, but it was all just black. Had to kill the game. Progress lost.

Also noticed the coin doubler is 20k more expensive, and buying the coins with money has also gotten more expensive. :/

Oh well probably for balancing. I do appreciate the new update.

Please fix the black screen bug.

8. Jmclaveria

Jmclaveria Active Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Hi guys,

Finally I have found the bugs that you told me. Took all the morning but it worth.

I can confirm that gems collected in the game doesn't sum in the stash. There is a mistake using the Store Kit provided by Apple that ignores the save state for gems. Very sorry for this.

Hard to find those black screens issues. Have played lots of games to replicate the bug. A third party library crashes the image, mad life.

The third bug is related to iPad 2, hard to jumping and diving. Localized the bug and it seems fixed.

I apologize for all these bugs. Today I will fix all of them and tomorrow I will finish game center features and will upload a new build. I hope review process take a week or so and then it will release automatically.

Thank you all for the feedback, helps me a lot!

PS: Could anybody tell me about multiplayer? Did you try it?

9. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    #109 Saucepolicy, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    The issue I ran into last night might be related to the black screen bug. In my case the screen zoomed by several hundred percent, and part of the screen was black See attached screenshot.

The screen shown on the app switcher was correct, but it immediately scaled up to unplayable if I dropped back into the game. Killing the app and restarting fixes it, but you lose the run like others have said.

If it helps, it happens to me most often when transitioning out of the cave between sections. I tend to play with my thumb of the lower left side of the screen, which will partially cover your new mission progress overlay. Taking a wild guess but perhaps the overlay and the input layer aren't playing nice together?

Attached Files:

10. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Thanks, cant wait for the update. Any chance you can make the bullets more visible?

11. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    #111 Saucepolicy, Feb 5, 2015
    There is a coin doubler: it's a gadget called Double It. Also, almost all of the upgrades are permanent. Have you looked in the shop at all?

That said, I absolutely agree that the risk/reward proposition with the Poker game was destroyed with the new balancing. There's a reason that Jetpack Joyride balanced their rewards like they did; at a measly 50 coins to cash in your tokens, it feels like a better value to just play the slots

Original: worth the risk, because you'll get 50 coins more with one pair than just cashing it in.

New: 1 pair is the same as cashing in the token, and there's a significant chance that you'll get nothing. Nope, not going to play, thanks.

In addition, having to redraw does provide the player with some control over the odds, but also feels like a foregone conclusion that the player will lose if there isn't at least a pair in the initial draw. Just like a real hand of poker, there are so many variables it's too easy to feel like you just held the wrong cards, and I don't think that's the aim of a bonus mini-game.

On a similar note, I find the price hike on the Double It gadget to be a puzzling choice. If I remember correctly, it's a $22 purchase to unlock early with gems. Once unlocked, at 80,000 coins players are far better served buying the lower priced upgrades, extending their runs and leveling up to generate coins. The value proposition just isn't there, unless you have more money than sense.

12. rich1574

rich1574 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2015
    #112 rich1574, Feb 5, 2015
    OK so the black screen bug is pretty annoying. Having to close the game and restart almost every other game especially after spending some cash is far from ideal.
    My other bug bear is related to the poker chips. Why do these stay in the same place when shot down? Not in line with the physics in the game and also means that if you hit a crate at the very front of the screen there is no way for you to collect the chip. Please fix!
    Finally if you are offering the option to watch an ad to carry on offering one heart seems in the stingy side

13. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Congrats on getting in the "Best New Games" section in the AppStore this week!! Well deserved!!

14. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Not in my lists in the Netherlands?

15. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Agreed!

16. dasaff1

dasaff1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Hi developers,

Never complained about a game before but I was having so much fun until the update. Once I found out that buying the joker cards and posting on Facebook were mandatory I lost interest. I used all gems on the ridiculous 4 chips in one game challenge and since they upped the doubler to 80,000 I think I'm done. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up what's coming up. Btw high score is 13,681 and I'm level 18

Dev, are these challenges going to change in future updates?

17. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    I would have liked to be able to watch a video to continue when I made this record a couple of days ago. :)

http://imgur.com/gzjaJ6P

Thanks for the update. I'm noticing a bit of lag now that can get me hit by things that pop into view once the lag clears. Otherwise fine.

18. bbrock0

bbrock0 Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Update sucks.

Jacking up the price of everything in an early patch is pretty lame, especially after I paid to go ad free. Boo

19. PhoenixWing

PhoenixWing Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    It seems the gems I picked up along the way from boxes aren't registered correctly. Only ones from pokers do.

20. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Really guys, read up the thread....what really sucks, is those who just chime in when things go wrong. Maybe read back a couple pages, yeah? No?.....yeah, now....