Universal Ramboat (by Genera Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 12, 2014.

1. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    And it seems like the pirate skip has a bigger hitbox? It feels like you get hit easier. Is this true? Kind of a disadvantage for the expensive ship.

2. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    New update already? It's awesome! Carnival theme.

3. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    #83 chief78, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    Yeah nice update. Thx for the free character and vehicle! I also noticed the upgrade costs came down (was $10k at 4 *s and is now $10k on 5th *). Seeing coins at the weapon screen during missions, and seeing the gem count at the continue screen + the option to view an ad to continue for free....##

GC a will be nice in the next update. I agree with the prev post too about the $1200 to skip a level...it would be better to make it an incremental, since it only pops up once at the beginning (going into the easiest stage), and there's only the one-time need for it to beat one of the earlier mission challenges (take no damage for one stage).

EDIT: Wow just noticed the daily "BONUS" reset and there are gems on day 2 and 4, with day 5 as the Gunman (las unlockable character). Cool beans!

4. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Nice update!

Only 1 thing, please make the carnival theme optional. The confetti is getting annoying.

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Just need that GC update now!

6. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Ain't that the truth!! :)

7. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    Love the update, was a little sad to see my daily bonus reset but I'll deal with it since the rewards are much better now.

Question: if you use gems on an early unlock for a character, vehicle or gadget, do you own it or do you still have to use gold to purchase? I'm afraid to waste my gems only to find that I still need to grind for gold to actually use it.

The word "Unlock" is just vague enough that I'm hesitating, since it's the same nomenclature used when you level up.

8. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Great game, great update!
    Had to vote for the game of the week.

9. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Yeah this level is crazy! :-0

Attached Files:

10. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    #90 fabianb, Feb 4, 2015
    Nevermind, didn't know the carnival theme was only the first stage. Just tested the update really quickly. Only for the first stage is fine :D (that confetti is still annoying though, because the bullets look a bit like the confetti).

Edit: the ball schooting weapon seems underpowered, it's pretty weak compared to the other weapons. Or is this the intention? The bouncing effect of the balls is nicely done though! Although I don't recommend this character (footballer Neymar? :p) for setting new highscores as it's weak in it's current state.

By the way, that 'view ad to continue when you die' is a real smart monetization idea :p Nice idea for getting some extra revenue. I hope this game is a financial succes for you so you keep developing for it :D

Edit 2: do the helicopters aim faster (lock on) after the update? They seem to shoot faster when they 'see' you.

11. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I didn't realize that i accidently updated this quite good game. Usually i wait for impressions first. For me, big big mistake. It's in german now, the poker game (risk/reward) is no fun anymore, some of the prices went up immense and still no Gamecenter (is it coming?). Oh yeah, no coin doubler, that's what i am shooting for in these f2p games, and not those bloody endless consumables. Might delete it and start all over again with the old version, well, as long as it is possible. I'd really wished the update would ask me again after pushing the button "are you sure you want to update?"

12. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #92 LordShad0wz, Feb 4, 2015
    Is anyone having trouble collecting gems? I keep collecting them and it shows I have 0. It's impossible to pick up any. See attached pic.

Billy

I keep successfully uploading the picture but it wont show.

Also anyone know where the in shop options to upgrade the characters hearts and stuff? It's totally gone now.

13. Kieran

Kieran Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Software Developer
    Ireland
    The quality of the artwork is so high. Looks amazing. How long did it take to develop?

14. lancheta

lancheta Well-Known Member

May 20, 2012
    Wasn't expecting such a HUGE discount on upgrades after the update. Only 10k for last lvl upgrade?! I'll take it nonetheless.

15. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I'm really hoping the dev is profiting a little on this game. I haven't stopped playing it since its worldwide release. It's my new "go-to" game. Whoever hasn't tried this yet, seriously, give it a shot. Its so much fun.

16. lancheta

May 20, 2012
    Glitch in the game. Screen went completely BLACK when I was playing. Sound was still going on, but I had to reset the game. Devs please address.

Attached Files:

17. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Picked up the 3rd powerup slot IAP for 2.99. Well worth it. Plus, it gets rid of the ads. I was feeling really guilty having this much fun for free, but I do reccomend that IAP if you are wanting to support the dev. It's really nice having that 3rd slot.

18. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    #98 russiaone, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    I've been stuck on 18 forever, although i've probably collected around 20 since.

19. Jmclaveria

Jmclaveria Active Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Hi guys,

Finally the update was released a day before the planning. I hope you enjoy it.

Don't worry about GC, it has high priority in my TODO list, it will be included in the next release. It will have 2 leaderboards: score and kills. If you have other suggested leaderboards tell me!!

I will take a look at that black screen glitch, could you tell me which device do you have?

About the gem collection is very strange, maybe has something to do with iCloud, do you play with different devices?

Thank you all for the feedback, it helps me improving the game.

20. lancheta

May 20, 2012
    I am running an iPad mini 2 with iOS 7.1 (did not update to 8.1 because some apps I have are not compatible)