Universal Ramboat (by Genera Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 12, 2014.

1. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Rad, thanks!

2. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Wew new highscore! That sea storm level is difficult with those waves Xd Btw, that laser gun is AWESOME

Attached Files:

3. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Maby as a suggestion: add a coin doubler which you can buy with real money :)

4. lancheta

lancheta Well-Known Member

May 20, 2012
    Just purchased the Double Down gadget. Well worth the grind guys ##

5. lancheta

May 20, 2012
    My favorite combo for gadets

Attached Files:

6. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Seriously, this is such a fun game! I can't stop playing it. I've only gotten as far as the 4th world so far. This is one of those games where I don't mind grinding for stuff. Every run is a blast. I know I've said it before, but I highly recommend trying this one out. Plus, it looks like the developer is active in the forums and wants to keep making it better. I'm excited for the next update too!!!!

7. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    That mission of level 9 is impossible >.< It's the mission where you need 5 cards of J, Q or K. I've played 270 poker rounds and still didn't get it. Anyone got that mission without skipping it? I don't want to skip missions xd.

8. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I can't wait for the update to hit. This really is such a great REFRESHING endless runner!

9. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#69 Anotherkellydown, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
    Ramboat made it past the nomination phase in the Touch Arcade Forum Member's Game of the Week Thread! The voting poll is now live. Anyone can vote regardless of member status with the exception of the game's developer. Here's the link http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=254238

Congratulations to Genera Mobile and good luck!

10. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Voted!

11. lancheta

May 20, 2012
    Voted! Great game :)

12. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Yeah no brainer, voted!

As I've been playing, I had a couple of thoughts:
    1) a perk that would give an extra heart (so you'd start with 4 instead of three)
    2) I guess the vehicles each give an upgrade. It would be nice to be able to see what that is for each boat (instead of buying and guessing)
    3) already mentioned, but a progression bar for a mission goal would be most welcome
    4) - Poker - Add a daily wild card. So, today could be 2's are wild, and then that could be used towards getting better hands or completing challenges. I've been lucky to get through all of the challenges thus far (lvl 16 and have one where I need to pick a K, J, and Q in one hand), but I've heard a few mentions (even me myself have had issues) passing these challenges
    **TO ANSWER POST ABOUT LVL 9 CHALLENGE - IT IS OBTAINABLE**
    5) Maybe some other random enemy drops like invincibility, Turbo (without using the gas tank perk, which I haven't unlocked hut assume gives u a boost), double coins for x amount of seconds (or quadruple if you have the double coin perk active), and maybe even a stage advance (where no matter where you're at, you advance to the next stage).

Just some thoughts :) This game is so awesome either way, and it's all I've been playing.

13. lancheta

May 20, 2012
    Favorite boat is the shielded police hovercraft. Four lives AND a siren? That us just too badass #

14. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Lol. That's where I'm at now. I thought it was tough enough getting all red cards, this is worse. It's all luck I guess.

15. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    #75 chief78, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    For the poker challenges, I've mostly stuck to just using the chips I pick up from playing instead of paying $200 a hand. For some reason I seem to be able to pick up the hand needed within that level...it can take a bit, but I'm on lvl 12 and I had to pick a K/Q/J out of a hand (which came after only maybe 10 times into the challenge).

16. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Lucky you, I played 270 rounds before succeeding :p

17. lancheta

May 20, 2012
    I just used the gems I collected in game to skip.

18. Jmclaveria

Jmclaveria Active Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Hi guys,

Thank you again for your kind words and votes, it makes me feel proud of the game :)

You are right about poker missions, in the next update (tomorrow will be released) some of them are replaced for new ones. They are very hard to accomplish and that makes negative feeling in the game. I will work on that.

Thanks @chief78 for the thoughts, they gave me new ideas to develop!!

19. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    I got some new suggestions, the skip to next stage (1200€) is a bit expensive. You can do it like this: stage 1: 200€, stage 2: 300€, stage 3: 400, stage 4: 500, stage 5: 600€, stage 6: 700€, stage 7: 800€ etc. So the price increases. I would love to skip stage 1 (too boring for me :p), but I'm not gonna pay 1200 coins to skip stage 1 >.<.

And a mission in level 17 (kill 150 enemies) is easier than a mission in level 15 or 16 (kill 170 paratroopers). I'm now playing to get the last boat, so expensive but need to have it >.<

20. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Btw, anyone already got that last boat?