Universal Ramboat (by Genera Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 12, 2014.

1. inthismoment07

inthismoment07 Active Member

Aug 12, 2014
    Been waiting on this forever and I'm enjoying it so much. A free game done absolutely right in my opinion. No timers and tons of items to unlock. Will be playing this for weeks to come.

2. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I wish there was a way to remove ads.....I want to pay the dev something for this awesome game, but coins come easily enough a Nd I'm not dropping a fiver for the gem currency

3. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I was wanting the same thing. The only thing I found was a 2.99 IAP so you can equip a 3rd gadget. I was going to get that, but I'm not sure if it removes ads or not. I'm absolutely loving this game though. I'd love to see an ad remover for it. The dev deserves SOMETHING from me with how much fun I've had with it so far.

BTW: My highest score is 7,571 so far. I've gotten to the fourth level.

4. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Lots of comparisons to JJ, but this game blows it away IMO. Awesome graphics, sound and gameplay. Love the slowdown when you jump near airborne enemies as you blow 'em apart. I really hope they update this with GC. The game is too good to not have proper leaderboards and achievements...

5. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Yes, please ad remove ads option. I'd gladly throw down for it.

6. lancheta

lancheta Well-Known Member

May 20, 2012
    Doesn't have cloud support. Been playing on ipad but all progress was lost when installed on iphone and tried to continue. Even logging in on FB doesn't bring up progress, so I don't see the point of logging in through it (other than for receiving 1k coins for doing so)

7. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Huh... My progress synced without even needing to log into Facebook on both devices.

8. lancheta

lancheta Well-Known Member

May 20, 2012
    I'll try again, maybe the settings have to be changed on my devices

9. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    On the air 2 I'm really struggling with the controls........ Accelerate/brake register fine but the jump/dive ones don't for me about 75% of the time which is spoiling it for me. Unless I'm doing something wrong?

10. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Jep I like it. Polished game. Although it is a bit repetitive, more randomization?

11. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Game Center leaderboard please

12. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    And please, make the bullets more visible. There is nothing more frustrating than dying and not knowing what you got killed when you want to set a new highscore.

13. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    I read this and went to confirm mine from last nite, which was 7710 or something in the 7700s but my highest is showing 5600....

14. Jmclaveria

Jmclaveria Active Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Hi guys.

I'm the developer behind Ramboat. Glad you like the game :)

An update will be released next week with fixed bugs, performance improvement, new vehicles and characters and many other things.

I didn't know GC is still used often by players, I though FB was the main social/leaderboard. I will work on it ASAP.

An android version is almost ready, got to test some things though.

I will read any suggestions you have, please let me know it :)

PS: any IAP purchase will remove Ads, it's explicity written in the next update.

15. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Just all sorts of awesome there. Thank you for the post and letting us know about the ad removal. I can't think of anything at the moment wrong with this game, and hearing there's already more stuff to come, most excellent!

16. sakara

sakara Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Amazing game.

17. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Thanks dev for responding :)

18. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    I keep losing bullets in the snowflake fx And showers of coins on stage 4, but I've made it to the volcano stage (score 10k+) thanks to a 4 of a kind hand second chance at poker.

19. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    You have yourself a hell of a game here. Been having a blasty blast with it. Yea, GC would be great. I'd like to see who is beating me and who's not. So glad to hear about the extra content coming.

Oh, and I'll be picking up in IAP now that I know it removes ads. I've had my eye on that 3rd powerup slot. Again, great game! I'm enjoying it more than Jetpack Joyride.

20. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Awesome news that Game Center will be added. I've been having tons of fun with this too.

Like NOEN said, to me this is better than Jetpack Joyride. For the time that that game came out it was wonderful (don't get me wrong, I still think JJ is awesome and it's still on my phone), but it's a new game and the polish is blinding.

I see the comparison between the two games but really, aside from a few basic mechanics and the leveling system, there's quite a difference between the two.

I didn't realize there were IAPs until now but I'm gonna check out that third special item slot. Definitely worth supporting a game of this caliber. I didn't think ads were bad at all either.

Looking forward to seeing you guys on the leaderboard!