Universal RainbowTail - Match & Catch (By FredBear Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Oct 24, 2017.

1. indiegamer

indiegamer Active Member

Sep 3, 2015
    Great game. Some bugs here and there, but overall, a very enjoyable match 3 game. The primary difference from any other match 3 game out there is that you can actually use your pets on the match 3 board. This adds a lot of strategic thinking into the game.

So far, I can progress without buying anything (stage 4-2). I hope it continues that way and not a pay 2 win type of game.

I will update more as I have played further.

2. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I'm thoroughly enjoying the actual gameplay, but it's just crashing far too much for me - And when it does it seems to almost miss bits out when I have to restart like bits of the plot or items. I completed a level and at the end it gave me something and prompted me to use it on a creature but when I restarted I couldn't see any option to do what it asked me to do.

Also it's really unresponsive across the Ui and feels very slow.

I hope this gets addressed because I like the underlying game.

3. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I too like the game-enough to buy a welcome pack. However, it is REALLY buggy. In addition to the regular crashing, I found another bug in the Mellow Meadow Material Quest-It doesn't register the completion of each stage. So even though the stages are unlocked, the stars that you won don't show. I hope they fix this game, it does have a lot of potential.

4. playplayfun

playplayfun Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2015
    Hi OrangeCan,

What device do you use to play the game?

We do realize that there are some UI lag especially after the game loads. It geta smoother as you play the game after a while provided that it doesnt crash.

How often is the crashes? We do encounter random crashes during gameplay but it is very random that we are still trying to pinpoint the issue.

What level are you in now?

Thank you.

5. playplayfun

Sep 21, 2015
    Mmm the material quest for that stage was just over, i believe? Will check this again when it is available again.

As for the crashing, how often does it happen?

Do you have a good amount of free storage space and memory on your device?

We are trying to pinpoint the issue as it is too random at this time to identify. But we are working on it.

Thank you

6. playplayfun

Sep 21, 2015
    ... and oh, thank you for your support by buying the welcome bundle ;)

7. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011

8. playplayfun

Sep 21, 2015
    Thank you OrangeScan for the device info. I am testing it on an iPad 3, which should be older than Air 2. I, too, experience occassionaly crashing on both at the end and in the middle. This might point to an invalid loop or memory allocation errors.

We will keep checking!

9. btantra

btantra Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Developer
    Lots of potential. Fun and quite unique. Experiencing similar issues with other players as well, unfortunately.
    But so far, the issues are not game breaking... just yet.

10. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    How "heavy" are the f2p elements in this game? I am willing to spend some money to support the devs but i do not want to be fooled once again. Seeing 5 hearts that after you lose them you cant play and 110€ iap purchase is definitely NOT a good sign.

11. indiegamer

indiegamer Active Member

Sep 3, 2015
    I am in stage 5-1 now. So far, I don't see the need to purchase anything. It would be nice to buy materials or get a legendary gemlings, but they are not required.

However, I do watch the ads when I can though to get gembeans and extra bean draw.

I find it that if you just be patient enough to replay levels to get materials to evolve your gemlings, a 2-star or even a 3-star gemlings can be good enough for now (up to what I am playing now).

I hope that helps.

12. playplayfun

Sep 21, 2015
    Do you know that you can release Gemlings to earn GemBeans? You'll be surprise how much gembeans you can earn quickly by releasing gemlings. It's useful to get the Daily Gemling that you need to level up your own!

[​IMG]

13. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    #33 sakara214ever, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    #Playplayfun # indiegamer thanks so much for letting me know :D I guess i am going to buy something to support for this amazing game. A bug i noticed and it happens all the time. When i first open the game the sound is just fine but when i close it and quit to springboard and the return to the game the music is there but the in-game sounds clicking celebrating when clearing a level are lost and i can not hear them only if i close the game from running in the background and reopen it. Another bug is than when i complete the level doing the last needed move the screen freezes completely and i can do nothing not even press the options button. iPhone 7 Plus ios 11.0.3

14. playplayfun

Sep 21, 2015
    Thank you Sakara214ever.

Yes, the sound bug was reported during beta-testing and we believe we have fixed it. Guess we need to relook into this bug again. However, I believe once you force close the game, it should be good to go again?

Yes, the freezing and crashing, those are the occasional random bugs that have been reported. We are still looking into fixing this issue and it's hair pulling type of bug for our programmers :confused::p

We will try to fix this issue and improve the game further.

15. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    Yep once you force close the game it works fine after opening the game again ;)

16. playplayfun

Sep 21, 2015
    I am glad to hear that :)

In the meantime, we will be working on improving the stability of the game further.

Thank you for your support.

17. playplayfun

Sep 21, 2015
    A new trial mode has just started. Test your skill and see how far you can go!

[​IMG]

18. indiegamer

indiegamer Active Member

Sep 3, 2015
    As promise, an update to my progress.
    I am on Stage 7-3: Wanted.

So far, I still haven't spent a dime. Manage to get enough gems to do King Bean draw to get a few 4 stars Gemlings (still no legendary).

I have been trying to get 3 stars for all the previous levels while grinding for evolution materials. However, it seems the game is not balanced. Some stages are just impossible to get 2-stars let alone a 3-stars. Maybe if you are really lucky to get a lot of chain matches?

But, despite that, I am totally enjoying the game. It would be nice to have less crashes for sure, however. Hope the developer will update and fix the crashing issue soon.

19. playplayfun

Sep 21, 2015
    Just a quick update about the game. We are currently working on updating the game to provide better stability. We might have found the root cause of the issue and we are testing it further.

We will also be adding more events/levels to the game with the new update. We shall share more screens and updates in the near future :)

20. playplayfun

Sep 21, 2015