iPad [RAILS] 'RAGE' and 'RAGE HD' (v1.1 GameCenter, gyro, Mirror mode, more..)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Nov 17, 2010.

1. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #1 ImNoSuperMan, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010

RAGE
    US $0.99 (for old gen devices)​

RAGE

Critical acclaim for RAGE:

“This is the best looking game on iPhone . . . an addictive arcade experience” 1UP<…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Critical acclaim for RAGE:

“This is the best looking game on iPhone . . . an addictive arcade experience” 1UP

“The pacing here is swift and intense and the gruesome graphics are bloody amazing. The sound design is totally gripping . . .” MSNBC.com

“Mutant Bash TV is a stunning game, loaded with over-the-top violence.” IGN

RAGE comes to your mobile device with the hit of the wastelands, Mutant Bash TV! This intense first-person rail shooter casts you in the starring role of a post-apocalyptic game show where you’ll be stalked by hungry mutants while you scour pulse-pounding levels for ammo and cash pick-ups. Make a deal with J.K Stiles, the show’s menacing host, and see if you have what it takes to survive this carnage-filled carnival of death!

Note: RAGE HD with even higher resolution textures also now available on iTunes for the iPhone 4, iPod 4 and the iPad.

KEY FEATURES
    •Created specifically for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad . . . experience the post-apocalyptic mayhem of the RAGE universe for the first time!

•Arm yourself with a pistol, shotgun or machine gun, and battle your way through three levels - the mutant-infested Tenements, the lunatic-ridden Asylum and the not so-abandoned Bunker.

• Perform hit-streaks and pick up “Bash Bux” to increase your performance as you make your way through the action-packed levels, each with four degrees of difficulty.

• Complete Mutant Bash TV challenges and replay levels to beat your top score.

• Experience high resolution graphics coupled with dynamic music and sound effects.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Nov 18, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (10)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

======================================

RAGE HD
    US $1.99 (for iPad, Retina enabled iPhone/iPod)

iPad ScreenShot

[​IMG]

Retina ScreenShot

[​IMG]

RAGE HD

id Software
    Critical acclaim for RAGE: “This is the best looking game on iPhone . . . an addictive arcade experience” 1UP “The …
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Critical acclaim for RAGE: “This is the best looking game on iPhone . . . an addictive arcade experience” 1UP “The pacing here is swift and intense and the gruesome graphics are bloody amazing. The sound design is totally gripping . . .” MSNBC.com “Mutant Bash TV is a stunning game, loaded with over-the-top violence.” IGN RAGE comes to your mobile device with the hit of the wastelands, Mutant Bash TV! This intense first-person rail shooter casts you in the starring role of a post-apocalyptic game show where you’ll be stalked by hungry mutants while you scour pulse-pounding levels for ammo and cash pick-ups. Make a deal with J.K Stiles, the show’s menacing host, and see if you have what it takes to survive this carnage-filled carnival of death! *HD version provides higher resolution textures that are optimally viewed on a 4th generation device or the iPad. KEY FEATURES • Created specifically for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad . . . experience the post-apocalyptic mayhem of the RAGE universe for the first time! • Arm yourself with a pistol, shotgun or machine gun, and battle your way through three levels - the mutant-infested Tenements, the lunatic-ridden Asylum and the not so-abandoned Bunker. • Perform hit-streaks and pick up “Bash Bux” to increase your performance as you make your way through the action-packed levels, each with four degrees of difficulty. • Complete Mutant Bash TV challenges and replay levels to beat your top score. • Experience high resolution graphics, including an exclusive HD version for the newest generation of iPhone*, iPod Touch and iPad, coupled with dynamic music and sound effects.
    Information
    Seller:id Software
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Nov 18, 2010
    Updated:Mar 18, 2015
    Version:2.9
    Size:1.8 GB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (10)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal
    [/indent]

2. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Raged

I need this game, looks awesome.

3. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Wow, this might be out in the US tonight then!!!

Cannot wait to see this puppy on my iPad and iPod Touch 4G. Here's to hoping they don't explode or overheat from the engine or I'll be experiencing a different kind of Rage!

4. hasio_john

hasio_john Well-Known Member

wow ... 743 MB !! Looks good and nice price for universal! :)

5. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Yikes, I'm going to be out of space soon. I have 2.0GB left after caving and downloading FIFA 11 last night, guess I'll be down to just over 1GB after tonight! :p

It's amazing how quickly 32GB can be gone...

6. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Ok this is a stupid question but.....does this game work on the 2nd gen iPod?

7. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I actually have an odd feeling that Carmack is going to eventually release an update to this that expands the gameplay beyond what it already seems to be. The update they gave to Doom Res was one of the best free updates any game received on this platform. It was done pretty low key if I remember correctly. I just think that depending on the popularity of this, they could add some additional game modes, etc. In this case, it may be paid DLC, because of the super cheap price point, but either way, I just have a feeling...

8. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    I won't buy this straight away as if the HD version is better on the 3GS than the standard def one I'd rather get that.

9. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    Im very excited to see this in action. I think the graphics are really gonna be something special! Hope there is some excellent gibbage too!
    ID fires a shot across the bow of Epic?:)

10. Musclegiant

Musclegiant Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2010
    So myself having a 3gs I will probably not benefit from the advanced version, correct? Is that one only applicable to Ipad and Iphone4, or does it have slightly enhanced features that would benefit me? I'd pay the extra dollar if that is the case.

11. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Thank you id for supporting us with our ancient devices :)

12. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Nope. Just resolution.

13. Reese015

Reese015 Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Not sure if both have retina support but the HD version at least has and has textures with a higher resolution to take advantage of the added processing power and resolution of the iPad and iPhone 4. Or this is what seems to be the current knowledge on things (and the way Carmack described it in his blog), so it seems that the HD version is NOT JUST FOR THE IPAD but also for the iPhone 4. However, the normal version also has iPad support it seems.

edit: this would suggest that indeed, the HD version would also look better on a 3GS (better textures), but I do wonder if it will be worth the framerate hit, no info on how substantial the framerate hit would be on a 3Gs atm

14. Simon Potticary

Simon Potticary Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Writer
    East London
    I'm properly excited about this one and shall be downloading it on the stroke of midnight; along with CAVE's new game (Bug Panic) and Star Wars Arcade. Maybe one or two others too?? Historically, I'm not a fan of games on-rails, but I have real high hopes for this bad boy. Always had a soft spot for the lookers!

15. VisceriousZERO

VisceriousZERO Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2010
    #15 VisceriousZERO, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
    Woooooohooo!!! RAGE!!

Yaknow, I was with the others before, hating on on-rails.. Then i actually PLAYED them. (lite versions are there for a reason) and ended up buying time crisis and doom res. Both of which i still love to play.

Now after checking the ID news releases, and finding out about mutant bash tv, i was apprehensive..

Until i went to youtube and actually checked the gameplay out.

I will not be disappointed with how awesome this will be.

Give it a spin! (soon) and you'll see.

16. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    I am curious for those of you who have played already, does this game utilize the Gyroscope (for 3D camera movement)?

17. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    I'd say buy the HD version if you're on 3Gs atm, in case you want to upgrade to 4th gen idevices in the near future. It's not that pricy anyhow.

18. Has anyone bought the HD version and tried it on an iPod touch 3G? Planning ahead :D

19. O__o

O__o Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2010
    If it runs fine on an iPhone 4, which has 4 times the pixels, than it will run on an 3Gs fine too.

20. O__o

O__o Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2010
    There is no gyro on the 3Gs anyway :D.