Railroad Revolution announced

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ChezDoodles, Apr 16, 2009.

1. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Woohoo! Have fun, and go easy on the akvavit, I know what does Nordic meetings are like!:D
    Great news about the beta, and to know that things are shaping up!!!!! Good luck with the beta-phase. It's getting hot in here. Or is that me???:eek: :) Gotta cool down, the bottle of Jubileum in the freezer should help. :D

2. tel

tel Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    UK
    Good news, I'm looking forward to this.
    Any change of some more screen shots?
    Maybe some vid?
    Cheers

3. ChezDoodles

ChezDoodles Well-Known Member

Sorry for the slight delay :(
    Should have released a lot of cool stuff before the weekend, but at takes a bit longer than anticipated to clear out some legal issues. Basically legal paperwork that need to be in place before anything goes public.

However, a bit of good news is that the terrain editor used to create all the game content (not only the terrain, cities, forests, rivers, etc - but also the missions and campaigns) has now been optimized, cleaned up, streamlined and is now working on the iDevice. So this might actually make it into the game as well. Might be held back for 2.0 update - it depends on how much work it is to get the community sharing thing working. I really never expected this part to be such a smooth ride.

Take care.

4. scottyd2k9

scottyd2k9 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    When is this getting a release ?

5. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Will probably take a little while longer. Legal stuff is not cleared overnight and I'm sure they'll want to have their back covered once the artwork and gameplay concept comes out I believe it will be released for several platforms/consoles(?) (and the ipad didn't exist when they started work on this one), but the terrain editor working on the device is amazing. I'll probably need a bit more than my 1st gen ipod touch though...

6. ChezDoodles

Hm ... I know this is coming back to hit me ... but coding is scheduled to be complete on June 21st... Any delay after that is either due to QA, balancing, last-minute feature creep or simply that I need a bit of time to handle marketing... (I really stink at marketing...so I might end up needing some last minute help in that department...)

DISCLAIMER:
    This post was made by honest Indie-Sven.
    He is going to get his ass kicked by slick Corporate-Sven. Poor guy.

7. ChezDoodles

Don't believe anything this crazy guy is saying. He is not affiliated with Amazing Games in any way. In fact, he is in police custody right now for violating his restrain order.

All I can say at this point, is that no official information has been given about release date, supported platforms nor the projects name.

Regards,
    Slick Corporate-Sven

8. ChezDoodles

OpenGL ES 2.0 is a requirement...

Yeek - get your hands off me! Hah! The police didn't find the extra mobile I keep strapped to my leg for just such an occation.
    Ps. I will continue to bring you honest reports about the project from my location at the local police station.

Keep up the fight!
    Honest Indie-Sven

9. AmazingGames

AmazingGames New Member

May 12, 2010
    Ok.
    That's it!
    I am going to have this thread locked down and removed.

All i can say is that we make every effort possible to ensure this product will work on the broadest range of devices possible.

Regards,
    Slick Corporate-Sven

10. Obscure

Obscure Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Australia
    Looks good, nice graphics. Release date and possible price?

11. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    @Obscure, that was very funny. Seriously I think people who are interested in what we have seen so far should help raising money for the GETSVENBACKONHISMEDECINE fund before the whole project ends up on the ward of a mental institution. He's been at RR for way too long now and it looks like a serious case of BLIPS (Bipolar Lonely Indie Programmer Syndrome).

12. tel

tel Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    UK
    I think they are just having some fun with there grant money!!
    Those posts were prob placed from a very nice laptop in the Bahamas!!!
    Have a cold one on us boys!!

13. ChezDoodles

...grant money...? what grant money...?

:)

ChezDoodles

14. tel

tel Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    UK
    NordicGame conference Grant money gone already.
    How about a update? About the holiday or game, ever
    would be nice...

15. scottyd2k9

scottyd2k9 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    Any news on this game ???
    :mad:

16. tel

tel Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    UK
    Vapourware

This game could be vapourware!!!
    No news or big announcements and it's been months !!!!!