iPad RailRoad Madness - Highly Rated Traffic Management Game $.99

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by f84games, Aug 3, 2009.

1. f84games

f84games Member

Aug 3, 2009
    We at F84 Games recently launched RailRoad Madness.

For those of you that love Flight Control and Harbor Master we think you will love it!

You tap the arrows (move in clock wise direction) to ensure the trains arrive safely in the cargo or passenger stations. In no time you will be responsible for several trains and the “madness” begins.

One reviewer said, "Railroad Madness is a challenging game with an addictive nature and pretty slick graphics. A good game for the fans of traffic and time management games."

Check it out and tell us what you think, we always appreciate your ratings and feedback.

Also don't forget to log in so you can track your scores on our online leader board.
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=321412247&mt=8

http://f84games.com/railroad/

Watch gameplay at:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u3tPA22GRY

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. thepoisonivy

thepoisonivy Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Student
    Chicago, Illinois
    There was a thread about this game earlier but i dont think it was by the developers. Now that you guys are here i can tell you that the general vote from the other thread was that you need to remove the tap to turn mechanism. It just does not work well and makes the game harder and less fun than it could be. You should be able to either tap a track to switch instantly to it or swipe in that direction to switch to a track. I own the game and have played it a lot so i can tell you the tap method is frustrating. If it was changed i see this being a top 100 game easily. Good game but could be great. If you find the older thread you will see that most people agree with me.

3. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    agreed, swiping i think would work a lot better.

my high score is only 30

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Here's a link to the other thread.

I'd vote for swipe from an arrow in the track directions to set it. The current control is very cumbersome and distracting from could be a fun little game. :(

5. f84games

f84games Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Thanks for your feedback. You're right we've heard this from a lot of players and we are working to make the update so you can tap or swipe the track.

Keep on the look out!

Thanks again -

6. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    +1

that will make this game really awesome with the swipe to set track direction, look forward to seeing that implemented

7. thepoisonivy

Jul 13, 2009
    Student
    Chicago, Illinois
    Can't wait!

8. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    It's actually quite fun. In the current state it's fun but slightly frustrating due to the direction change. It will be amazing once the swipe feature is added, can't wait. :)

9. thepoisonivy

Jul 13, 2009
    Student
    Chicago, Illinois
    Update out with swipe to change track direction. This game should be truely great now! Going to play now but i will leave impressions on the update later. :D

10. jasonsmith

Jul 18, 2009
    Excellent news, been waiting for that.

11. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    great! awaiting impressions of the new update...won't be able to download til later tonite

12. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    loving the new controls, it's an absolute blast to play now. trains seem to come faster...

13. jasonsmith

Jul 18, 2009
    Yep it's much easier to control the direction however the trains are coming quite a bit faster IMO. Can't get anywhere near my previous high score.

14. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    my previous score was only 30 when I stopped playing and waited for the update

my first two tries with the new controls I only got 5 :D

15. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Great! The game will be playable at last! :)

16. jasonsmith

Jul 18, 2009
    I do think though that it may get frustrating to some with the trains coming so fast right from the get go...

17. thepoisonivy

Jul 13, 2009
    Student
    Chicago, Illinois
    Ok so here are my impressions! The new controls are a blast and exactly what many of us asked for! swipe works great and makes the game a lot more fun to play. Regardless of the controls my overall impression of the game is that is has become frustratingly challenging. One thing you will instantly notice is that the difficulty of the game has been increased. The trains come a lot faster and a lot more often. This requires you to move very frantically and try to send trains in the right direction and then forget about them in order to hurry and direct the others. The addition of a "go" button that speeds the game up seems almost comical as it is unlikely that you will ever find the game moving to slow. If the game had difficulty settings this would be hard mode and unfortunately there is no way to change it. the difficulty does not make the game horrible though. If fact it feels quite rewarding when you are able to survive for a long time. just don't expect scores like flight control because i have only managed 45 in a few tries and i think that is pretty high. One of the most frustrating things is that unlike games like flight control the trains are on a set path and once you make a mistake you cannot undo it. often you will find yourself to slow to correct the path of a train only to watch it crash into another. Lastly, shorter trains move faster making the difference in speed one more thing to try and manage. it is very frustrating when you get two trains on the right track and watch the small one zoom into the back of the longer one ending the game.

Overall the game is still fun and challenging and had regained a spot on my iphone with the new control scheme. As frustrating as it can be it feels great to succeed. in future updates i would like to see a choice of difficulty but until then i do notice that the more i play the better i get. :D

18. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I think that maybe the fact that you can't change paths adds to the challenge factor

19. oneWAYup7

oneWAYup7 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    In God's World
    This game is definitely better now. Easier to pick up and play. I really like the addition of the Go button to make the trains go faster, it speeds up the gameplay. Just now i got 73 trains in less than 5 minutes. With the old version it would have taken me way longer. And as the others have said, the new control scheme is awesome. :D

20. jasonsmith

Jul 18, 2009
    k, it is getting easier now. Requires a ton of concentration though. [head hurts]