Rail Zombie - Become the unstoppable train driver

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Siamak, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Siamak

Siamak Active Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Game developer
    Netherlands
    #1 Siamak, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    railzombie_poster.png
    What is Rail Zombie
    In “Rail zombie” you control a train trying to escape a zombie apocalypse. It is not your usual endless runner game. Play in a completely destructible world as you run over zombies and break world objects into pieces. Feel the destruction and experience immersive blood and breaking effects on your mobile screen. Collect weapons and shoot down zombies. And better yet, remember those slow-motions in Max payne? Now you have them in this endless runner game, enter slow-motion and blow up zombies in bullet-time mode with spectacular explosions as result.

Gameplay
    You switch rails by swiping to left and right. Your objective is to get as far as possible and kill as many zombies as you can along the way. Many obstacles are along your way which you need to evade or dash through by swiping up. Killing zombies gives you experience points which increases your skill level. Killing is the most fun part. Run over zombies, collect many awesome weapons which shoot down zombies! and even better, enter bullet time mode and blow up zombies in slow-motion. With a higher skill level you will be able to buy and upgrade better trains and weapons.

railzombie_screenshot_autotarget.png railzombie_screenshot_chainkill.png

Powerups
    Big explosions, destruction and slaughtering of zombies is what makes Rail Zombie so much more fun! Throughout the game you can collect powerups. Powerups help you get more kills and destroy obstacles along your way.

There are three groups of powerups: Heavy Weapons, Bullet-time weapons and boosters.

I will add more information about each group soon but lets start with the most exciting one. The Bullet-time weapons.

Bullet-time weapons
    Perhaps the most exciting and unique feature of the game is the bullet-time mode powerup.
    Collecting a bullet-time powerup brings the player into slow-motion. Each weapon has a different mechanic to interact with. We will be adding more weapons that can be used in bullet-time mode soon.
    Right now we have the grenade and the bazooka:
    1. Grenade: To use a grenade you drag from your train to target's position to throw.

[​IMG]

2. Bazooka: To use a bazooka you tab rapidly in target's direction to shoot projectiles.

[​IMG]

Be ready to see more powerups soon!

Features
    • Unlock fancy new trains.
    • Buy and upgrade many weapons and powerups.
    • Blow up zombies in slow-motion.
    • Destroy everything in destructible world.
    • Dynamic and unique gameplay with every play-session.
    • Craft your own challenges and challenge friends.

Check out the Announce trailer.

you can find the game's webpage at: http://www.golabistudio.com/portfolio/rail-zombie/

The game is about a month away from completions.
    More info and screenshots/videos will be posted as we get closer to release. We will also be needing some beta tester soon. So please subscribe to this thread if you are interested.

Update 1: Gameplay - more will be added soon

2. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Looks pretty interesting and fun. I like the bullet time effect. Looking forward to seeing more!

3. Siamak

Siamak Active Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Game developer
    Netherlands
    @Wicked8146 thanks. I have added some more information about the gameplay and the bullet-time mode.

4. Siamak

Siamak Active Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Game developer
    Netherlands
    A new perspective

Rail zombie has gone through many changes, perhaps the most interesting of the new changes is the change to its perspective.

While the game is still in 2D we have given the flat 2D image a 3D tilt to create a sense of 3D. the result is amazingly fantastic.

[​IMG]

5. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I like the change! It's definitely better. How are we with a release date or atleast a beta? I'm definitely interested. It looks like fun. You can never blow up too many zombies!

Billy

6. Siamak

Siamak Active Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Game developer
    Netherlands
    #6 Siamak, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    Thanks Billy, The public beta for android is in about two week and you can sign up for it at http://www.golabistudio.com/portfolio/rail-zombie/ .
    For IOS testers it will be private since it might miss a few features. But i can send you a testflight invitation if you are keen to get your hands on it sooner. It will also be in about two weeks. pm me your email address and i will add you to the list since i am sending the IOS version to few others as well.