Universal Raider Rush (Formerly Adventure Roller Skates) - Coming Sept 3rd!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by willy.c, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The controls now are ok to me, but it certainly took more than a few stages for the controls to click. It still feels awkward sometimes, but at least now i can manage to control the character as i want him to.

2. willy.c

willy.c Well-Known Member

Would you prefer a virtual gamepad instead? Just curious, I tried this new control scheme since I think virtual gamepads feels awkward. I'm sure anyone can get used to any control scheme if they just stick with it. However, I was hoping it would be easier to get used to these new controls, or at least it would be less frustrating to learn.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Having tried the latest TestFlight version, I can confirm 110% that the ad problem has been solved. :)

I personally don't mind the controls, but if you're willing to put the time and effort into an alternative virtual pad control scheme (as an option, definitely not a replacement), I'm sure more and more people will love the game. There's a minor vocal crowd on TouchArcade who will avoid the game like the plague if they know there are no virtual controls.

As for the game itself, with the inclusion of the restart button in the menu, Raider Rush is primed for release in every way possible. If the latest version has been submitted already, let's hope for a speedy approval. :)

4. willy.c

Thanks for testing! Big relief that it's sorted.
    Yeah I'll look into an optional virtual pad solution. Should't be that difficult to add.

I sent the build you are using for review last Saturday, the statistics suggest it won't be out on release day, but a few days after. Hopefully it won't be a complete disaster :rolleyes:

5. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Agree... Have been loving this and although the controls are tight..takes a little getting used to. Don't get me wrong, I am very impressed with this game and totally gets me on the "one more try" but do think an alternative/more familiar control scheme would be a fantastic addition.

Great work!

6. willy.c

Thanks! Yeah I'll try to add some secondary controls. It won't make it to the initial release though.