Universal Raider Rush (Formerly Adventure Roller Skates) - Coming Sept 3rd!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by willy.c, Jun 21, 2015.

1. willy.c

willy.c Well-Known Member

Yeah there are spikes that show up if you get far enough into the endless mode, I may add some more traps, but it is already really challenging to avoid the speeding lava. What's your highscore on endless, now that's a little easier?

Adding beta 3 trailer:

2. Unlockabear

Unlockabear Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
    235... I found the spikes =)

Finally finished chapter 1, whew that was hard. Looking forward to new updates!

Are you planning on asking players to buy new chapters?

3. willy.c

Nice! you finished all the bonus levels as well? ;)

I am thinking of releasing chapter 1 and the endless mode for free with chapter 2 as an in app purchase. I don't know if there'll be a chapter 3 yet. You should have access to chapter 2 with your current build, just buy chapter 2 with the test account (see testflight release notes).

The beta is live now, so just PM if anyone didn't get their invite.

4. ravage484

ravage484 New Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Looks awesome! I just sent a PM, if the beta is still available!

5. braunchitis

braunchitis Member

Aug 5, 2015
    I would like to test the game.

Thanks!

6. willy.c

Thanks guys, invite should be in email.

7. Marlon Bargh

Marlon Bargh Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 7, 2015
    Hi Dev,
    First of all, this game is great! It is very fun and unlike anything currently on the AppStore. The most recent update made an obvious difference to gameplay in a positive way, it is now far easier and more responsive when landing to jump immediately again. Previously, this was my only complaint with the gameplay. The levels are a good length and their order is perfect, the only problem in my opinion was the lack of explanation of the controls, in particular wall jumping. I definitely wouldn't recommend changing the controls at all, as they are very good, I just think having a few more prompts and perhaps some more information in the tutorial wouldn't do any harm. Every aspect of the game I haven't listed is perfect and I believe the game is ready to be submitted to Apple.
    Good Luck!
    And for everyone reading this post, get this game as soon as it is released!! It doesn't disappoint.

8. willy.c

Thanks! Yeah I'll see if I can find a non intrusive way to add more info in the tutorial.

9. Virtual_game

Virtual_game New Member

Aug 10, 2015
    Can I beta test too?

10. Emerald.Pheonix

May 6, 2015
    Looks cool loves to test

11. Emerald.Pheonix

May 6, 2015
    Looks cool loves to play

12. Unlockabear

Unlockabear Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
    I've been playing this game way too much. I love the "endless" mode for story 1 where you run through all the stages to get the lowest time possible. Story 2 is definitely a nice challenge for me, so many times getting to the near the end with the coin then running into a silly spike trap =(

Also love the death counter you implemented (or was it always there?) It was going to be one of my suggestions. On top of that, it'd be interesting to see a "type of death" counter in a menu stats section like:

Impaled: 121
    Burnt: 912
    Sliced 102

Not a priority though, obviously.

I can definitely see youtubers playing through and raging through this, it's definitely an interesting port of SuperMeatBoy-esque game to mobile.

My reaction in endless mode when the lava gets too close and I miss my jump:

13. webproyectos

webproyectos Member

Aug 12, 2015
    looks like fun, although i don't see why roller skates is in the title

14. willy.c

Haha yeah that's pretty much how it goes!

Yeah, some testers have said the same. It'll probably change name before it's released.

I will do one more round of testing soon. Anyone can PM me their email and I'll send an invite once it's ready.

15. willy.c

#35 willy.c, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    I'm running a final beta test round.
    The current testlight version will go live on the app store early September under the new name, "Raider Rush".

Would like some fresh new eyes on the improved version, specifically on the newly tuned difficulty. Send me your email if you'd like to join.

30 second-ish release trailer

16. weretiger

weretiger Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Test

I'd be happy to test!

17. braunchitis

braunchitis Member

Aug 5, 2015
    I would like to test the game!

18. willy.c

Thanks guys!
    I'll need your email, braunchitis. You can send me an PM.

19. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Got the invite and having a BLAST with this. Talk about nerve-wracking, cuss-word-causing fun! I've got a long way to go at getting good. One hell of a challenge ####

20. weretiger

weretiger Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Impressions

Quick thoughts.

1. I like it a lot! Very excited to see it where it goes in beta.

2. I was a bit surprised when the spider webs didn't trap me.

3. Intro felt a little slow in pacing. It's nice you have it, but it sort of felt like it could have been a bit zippier.

4. Chip tunes were good, but there were a few notes that had a piercing tone to them that was a tad grating.

Overall I'm really liking it. I'll continue to send impressions your way.