1. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    #21 Chq, Nov 24, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
    Dear dev,

please spend the world a movement sensitivity update.

Greetz Chris

Edit: The dev told me, that an update will come soon.

2. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    The update is out now and it‘s so much more playable on small devices. Thanks!!

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  3. AmirL

AmirL New Member

Dec 3, 2023
    Male
    Hi everyone, I’m sorry to be late to this thread.

Thank you for playing Raider, and taking the time to comment on it. I’m very grateful for the feedback and bug spotting (including by DM - many thanks Chris), and thank you for the encouragement as well, truly appreciated and impactful.

Anotherkellydown
    I’m considering adding Game Center. I hesitate because in my experience it can increase the load time of the game, and that in an inconsistent way. Having said that, I haven’t used the Game Center for a few years, so it may have improved. (Another option would be to implement my own version of shared leaderboards for Raider. These would be fast and integrated in the game, however, it would mean one couldn’t take advantage of the friends list one has already set up in Game Center, which would be a pity). I will check out Game Center to see if it's improved performance-wise.

addink
    We’re working to expand the game. So far, game controller support has been added, but the plan is to add content and possibly to increase the scope.

The original Thrust was indeed one of the main influences on the Raider, as well as Scramble (or Rocket Raid, the arcade conversion on the BBC Micro).

There’s a third game Citadel from the same era which is also a spiritual inspiration, but mostly only a spiritual one so far as there isn't much substantial design influenced by it in Raider yet (I don't think). The colour coding of the keys and doors are a direct homage to that game though :)

Best wishes to all for a great 2024
    Amir

(Programmer for Raider)

Anotherkellydown, Chq and decript like this.
  4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Thanks for all the info. And welcome to TA!