iPad Radio Flare out!!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Slayer_megadeth, Dec 20, 2008.

1. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
  2. Paradox

Paradox Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Thx for the tip! May God bless u.

3. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Wow, there's a new genre for you: rhythm shmup!

4. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    the musical aspect of a shooter makes it more interesting but at 4.99 i think it's a little overpriced

5. TSP

TSP Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Male
    Teacher.
    Sweden
    With only one track it seems kind of lacking. Now if someone can make a shooter where you use your own tracks as background and the action on screen changes your music then I would buy it straight away. Will wait for positive reviews or the mandatory price drop to get this.

6. Chiller ONE

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Apple won't allow this. :(

7. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Yes!
    I loved Rez and if it's any good compared to Rez I'll buy it.

8. {klondike}

{klondike} Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Rapture. It sucks.
    It's good compared to Rez now go buy it and tell us how good it is.

9. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Been playing it since it came out. It's good but can't call it great yet. Stages 1 and 2 are very easy. Stage 3 gets a little challenging. Stage 4 is hard. Supposedly there's a stage 5, but haven't gotten to it.

Versions of the same song/style throughout. I played using headphones. And it actually is a reasonably good shooter. I don't know if it was because of the music, but all together I've been more "immersed" in this shooter than any other 2d scroller on the iPhone. Not that there are that many.

If you are a shooter fan and/or rez fan, I think it may be worth picking up. But does seem a bit shallow for $4.99. Like I said, Stage 4 is kinda hard, so if it wasn't so late, I would keep trying to beat it. But I got to stage 3 on my first game pretty easily. I even had lost a couple of ships while I was looking for my headphones.

arn

10. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
    ok, so I stayed up.

Played a little more, and I think people should get it. I don't think its for everyone, but shooter/rez fans should. I'll do a formal review later on

arn

11. plaidman

plaidman Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Apparently this got an update recently, and a free version. As a Rez fan, the demo really appealed to me.

12. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    Is this worth the sale/introductory/reduced price of 2.99. I wasn't even considering it for 4.99.

Any input from those who have played is appreciated. I did download the lite version, but I found it to be repetative after a while. Does the game get better...more interesting enemies, faster, etc.

Thanks!

13. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    yes, it is great and I think it gets so hard you may not even see the two new levels they put into the update. Definately buy it.

14. Chiller ONE

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Yeah, I thought the same thing. Its different from all the other shmups available in the Appstore right now but its just not fun.
    There are no powerups or new weapons or anything.

15. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    In every attempt (old 5 level version and the new one with 7 levels)
    I reach the final boss very easily. But I cannot finish the boss. :)

The game is not very entertaining or challenging, although it looks and sounds nice. But somehow it feels empty.

But the update was already an improvement. More and more interesting enemies, the possibility to collect extra lifes and bombs and, which is nice, 2 more levels and some graphic enhancements.

But it's still no title you would strongly recommend to your friend.
    Not a bad game, somehow very unique, but also nothing near addicting.

16. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    it is definatly one of the best side scrollers. I picked it up cause of the price drop and it provides a nice uniqueness to it. I enjoy games where the music is integrated into the gameplay.

17. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    From the feedback it looks like gameplay gets dull after a while and there's no interest to keep coming back. Wanted to get this but I think I'll pass.