iPad Radio Flare 1.3 - promo codes

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by fares, Jun 17, 2009.

1. fares

fares Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Hi all!

Today we submitted the 1.3 update of Radio Flare, the music shoot'em up, to the app store.

New features:
    - alternative control scheme: use the accelerometer and tilt to steer your ship
    - Feint 2.0 with 20 online achievements and 1000 points Gamerscore to gain
    - Russian and Polish translations

First 5 to shoot me a PM get a free promo code! :cool:

Cheers,
    Fares

Fares Kayali
    studio radiolaris
    http://radiolaris.com

2. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
  3. Joker13z

Joker13z Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    PM sent as well. I'm probably too late though haha.

4. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    #4 GaiaIllusion, Jun 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
    Likely all gone, I sent a PM too.

Edit: Received, thanks. :)

5. Stairs

Stairs Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Asheville
    Sent a PM just in case, thanks.

6. fares

fares Member

Apr 20, 2009
    All codes are gone! Thanks for your messages!

7. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    aww, I just HAD to sleep in a little longer so I missed out :(

8. brttrx

brttrx Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    First impressions of this game are really good. I'll try to leave a more detailed review sometime today.

9. brttrx

brttrx Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Review: Radio Flare

More impressions! Late, but as promised.

Really like this title. While the introduction tells you to put your headphones on to maximize the experience, I never did. (I'm deaf in one ear and didn't want to miss something!)

Game is presented in landscape mode, and gameplay is responsive and the graphics crisp. You control a ship with your left hand and eliminate enemies by swiping through them with your right hand. Groups of four give you a maximum number of points.

At first I thought the game was too easy. You go through levels in four or five stages, and collect tiny red orbs from defeated enemies in order to advance. By level two I started dying. While one hit kills you, enemies drop lives all the time (maybe too much? verdict still out). Enemies also drop bombs, which will destroy everything on the screen as soon as you collect it.

The game offers a nice variety of enemies. Some shoot at you, some don't. Some only fire when you kill them. I really enjoyed the asteroids that break apart into smaller pieces before ultimately giving up the red orbs. Nice touch.

Worth noting: Game integrates with Feint. Also has more than one mode, though I've only had a chance to really mess with Arcade. In high scores, Arcade says "Those who play it loud," while Bomb Run says "Those who play it fast," so that may provide a clue to what the modes are about. Whatever stage you can reach in Arcade is unlockable in "Flow" mode as well, though I'm not yet sure what the point of that mode is yet. Maybe the dev can shed some light.

Game also has 20 achievements you can earn through the course of gameplay- another thing to keep you coming back.

Radio Flare is a solid title that deserves more attention. It sells for $2.99 and is worth every penny. But if you don't believe me, check out the lite version. Can't go wrong there, right?

10. iReview

iReview Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Looks very good :D

11. jmmsmth

jmmsmth Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    looks really fun! nice job with the graphics too:)