Universal Radical Rappelling (by Halfbrick Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Still NO Gamecenter, and the quote is over half a year old. Seems like developers move away from GC the longer the more. Well, this seems to happen to almost all of my prefered games lately. (Lara's Relic Run is at least viewable through the GC app)

Besides this (my big issue) and the unusual not-really-compelling graphics in Halfbrick terms (publisher only?), the brilliant one-hander gameplay is very addictive with top-notch controls and a fast replay. I also like music and how it plays half muted in the background before the next try.

Do any of the unlockable ropes etc. do something to the performance, or are they simply cosmetics? It's not clear, though having no description says it all i guess, like i.e. 0/3 Karate-Set, only to collect?

Again another game with no interests to insert a coin doubler, only consumable iap's.

Without GC it won't survive for too long on device, but if you're a fan of these fast kind of games and for free - highly recommended to try out.

PS: no lag/issues with gameplay with ad-blockers on

2. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I've been playing this one since it was first soft launched. They've added a lot since its initial release. I'm still digging it, but like Qwertz mentioned, it desperately needs GC. I love my endless runners and one of my biggest things (besides unlocking/upgrading stuff) is knowing how I pan out next to my gamer buddies. That's what keeps me playing these games is the competition. I would have loved to see GameCenter go the way of XBL and PSN. It seems like the hype has wore off lately and Apple isn't really pushing it.

Oh, and Qwertz, everything is cosmetic. Lol

3. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    No GC kills this game. There's no incentive to play it. Getting a high score means nothing when it have 500 FB friends who don't play it and no one else to compare to.

I'll re download it when GC comes.

4. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Lol. That's why I ended up making a gamer account for FB. Granted, it's not the same as GC. It would be cool if there was some sort of FB just for gamers though.

Anyway, if anyone wants to friend request me on FB, my gamer account name is,
    hashtag NOEN

5. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Argh, thought so. Thank you Noen.

6. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    When GC achievements arrive, I will download. Until then, I will pass. Enough of the FB BS in general.

7. Pixel. Perfect

Mar 21, 2015
    I really don'y get this game at all. I just cant get into it, I feel like the game is playing me. I just dont feel like i have enough control of reason to play it.

Not even sure what i would like to see changed, maybe it is just not for me.

8. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Ingenious concept and very, very satisfying to play for a simple one-touch control game! And I absolutely LOVE the funky music, feels like I'm watching a 70's action TV show! :D

The voice acting is really good too! I especially like how they have done different recordings for each line ("Radical!", "Rockslide!", etc) so it sounds more natural and doesn't get repetitive.

The F2P model seems very fair and there are no timers, yay!

Graphics look good, but the character design could use a cuter art style.. I guess that's my only (minor) complaint actually. Overall, I'm having a blast with this game!

9. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    This game needs GC worse than any game on the App Store.

Also, wtf is with the "auto" roll on the perks? It "auto" sets to auto when you roll it. Helloooo, the damn thing is a button within a button. If someone doesn't hit the button, that means they don't want to auto-roll. Need to fix that.

10. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Man, I really thought this game was going to make a major splash. Definite bullet through the foot for Halfbrick for not including or updating with GC. It truly kills the incentive to continue knowing you're really not competing against anyone.

11. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

I've made all the achievements for this game, finished all the missions, gone down to the 8th zone and pretty much unlocked everything. I have no further need to play it.

12. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    What's the maximum character level. I'm at 23

13. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

I'll tell you when I get there. I'm at level 59 and not going anywhere in a hurry!

14. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Anyone playing this
    Game daily besides me.
    What's your furthest game mine is 1989m

15. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

I've passed the 2000 but haven't played it in a while.

16. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Just noticed this game two days ago. How did I miss it? This is one of the most fun games I've played in a looong time. I think the last time I felt this addicted to a game was Jetpack Joyride, so that's a big deal (easily ranks as, IMO, the greatest iOS game of all time).

Too bad it has a learning curve; I feel like it will never be as successful as it should with the general population because of that.

17. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

The main problem with this game is that there are no more than 8 zones. They have potential to make WAAAY more than that. Added to this is the fact that the golden roles are very very rare.

18. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

*2277m my record

19. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This game was on point.
    It's SnapBack for those who wanna try this title for sure

20. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    This just got an update (re-release?) as part of the Halfbrick+ thing.

Started playing again from the beginning, and this game is still gold! Like, almost everything I like about casual mobile gaming in one package.

Andy C83 likes this.