Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. paulkolin86

paulkolin86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    What about hunting tigers, bears or crocodiles? It was also impossible for me at the beggining ;)

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Omg I havent even tried those.... What device you playing on? I am on my 6 plus but I think I need more screen space so I might try it on my iPad air 1.

3. paulkolin86

Nov 9, 2012
    #163 paulkolin86, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    Ipad air 2.

Look for loot/stuff, craft, enlarge your bag. When You get iron ores, melt it at the furnace and craft a better pickaxe, everything will be easier then... ;)

( If U can't face animals yet, try to avoid them and look for chests. Most of them also contain cool things.)

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Ok I am also just wondering if my 6 plus is a little too small to see what I should be seeing.

5. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    How do you start getting iron ore besides random find??

6. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Random drops off stone/rock adfter you craft pick axe

7. geno11233

Nov 29, 2013
    Thank you. I LOVE this game, but I'm just having a rough time in the beginning lol this is honestly insane tho.

8. mkat259

mkat259 Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Where's a furnace located?

9. try2bcool

try2bcool Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    Supporting this and loving it so far, hey Devs, any plans for a PC version?

10. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    holy shit...this came out of nowhere for me.Reminds me of Dead Island.I'll buy it for sure although i read that it needs a MFI controller sensitivity option.Hope you add that soon.

11. dotout

dotout Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Male
    Jack of all trades at Atypical Games
    Bucharest
    A Mac version will be available for sure, PC I can't say for sure, it depends on a lot of things

12. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    This looks great, shame I already overspent on Fahrenheit :\, definitely one I'll have to pick up when I can. Will the price be going up? Are there any level ups or skill points or anything?

13. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Again, I'm playing it on an iPod Touch, and honestly not having much trouble. And my eyesight isn't that good. :)

There are no character stats that I know of (or at least nothing the game explicitly tells you that you can then improve). It's all about what gear you've managed to craft, as far as I can tell.

14. paulkolin86

Nov 9, 2012
    You hafta craft it.

15. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Playing this on my 6 plus and loving it. Closest thing to rust/dayz on iOS. Looks great.

16. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #176 Vovin, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    Ok, I wrote down a small guide for your first day on that cursed island. Don't expect much action or exploration, haha. The first day is mainly for getting some chores done, but if you do that, your life in the next days will become much easier. I started around two dozen of new games to get an idea about the best strategy for the first day. So, here we go, I hope it will help.
    A final note - the devs cared for you and put everything into the first area that you need to survive. You just need to know where that stuff is.

1. After the tutorial, your first way goes straight up to the house on the hill. Loot the three chests, you might find medicine, bandages, a radiation suit, food, clothing (leather pants) and a lot of other useful stuff. Meanwhile, three wolves should have appeared at the house. Wait for them to come up the first set of stairs, the usually won't climb the second set. Stay up there until a wolf approaches, and when he turns around to go away a short distance, run down, hit him with your axe and back up the the second level of the house. Repeat until all three wolves are dead. If one runs away, chase and kill it. This process shouldn't take more than 2-3 minutes.
    Now you can use medicine or bandages if you are (still) bleeding.

2. Go down to the small house at the beach and check out the chest. Go outside and cut down some trees for wood. Build a second chest and put it next to the first in the small house. It's a very safe location, cause animals won't enter there normally. Also make a backpack to carry around more stuff (if you need more leather, just kill 1-2 more wolves).

3. Go to the old facility, inside are 6 chests, and at the farm behind the facility, another 5 or 6 chests are waiting for you. Loot everything and carry the stuff back to your small hut. You should have quite some materials and some food by now, as well as a bow and arrows.

4. Grinding time! Now, after getting all the stuff from the 10-12 chests, spend rest rest of the entire day to run over the beach, collect bananas, pineapples, coconuts, twigs, stones, flintstones, pebbles and all stuff lying around like crazy. You need that stuff later, no kidding.

5. Make a few more axes and pickaxes and mine the stones on the beach for materials, also chop down more trees to collect wood. From time to time, unload the stuff into your chests. If wolves approach, no prob because you should have a bow, some arrows or even a gun/rifle by now.

6. Get used to always have an eye in the upper left corner on the focus symbol. If it changes into a claw, danger is near. Just tap it to see where the bad guys are located, your camera will focus automatically.

7. By the end of the day, your should have a big amount of fruits, fish and/or meat as well as stuff to craft things. Make a nice fire on the front lawn and have a good night.

8. Before going to sleep, you can also try to make more clothing when the night falls, or make other useful stuff you need. PROTECTION is really everything. But because of the work you've done, you're now able to concentrate more on the gameplay in the next days, with all those ressources in your chests you'll be fine for now and you can start to explore.

9. A last advice: don't make yourself a home at the beach.Try soon to find an unoccupied building in or near the center of the first island to set up your first bigger base. If you don't want to run several miles each time. Unless you don't care.

10. Have fun and don't let your brain get eaten.

17. geno11233

Nov 29, 2013
    Is there any way to block off or baracade a door way In a 2 door house to make it a 1 door one?

18. try2bcool

try2bcool Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    Games like this are all the rage right now, you know? ;)

We buy stuff that isn't even finished yet, like there's no tomorrow, on PC. People would gladly pay $15-25 for this on Steam.

19. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Great guide, well thought out. I'm able to craft a bed, so I'm relocating myself after work, I've been chillin In an abandoned beach house ;)

20. cnecula

cnecula Member

Jan 29, 2015
    This game was designed for Metal .I think this is the only game with 4000000 trees and 4 islands in it .