Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. BackupHero

BackupHero Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    Jade City, BC, Canada
    Game Impressions

This game is pretty awesome so far on my iPad Air 1. At the moment I'm just exploring in the invincible mode, but I'm amazed at the sheer scope of the map. Even small stuff like way the map darkens when clouds go over the sun is amazing. Definetly worth the price.

2. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #142 Rip73, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    The save option is in the diary.
    Just tap on journal at top left of screen.
    Go to gear icon.
    On left side of that journal page you'll see arrows.
    Tap them and the page extends to the left with the save and upload/download to cloud options in there.

I think that's right but either way the cloud option is in there definitely and as I always go there before exiting, it always loads at the same point.

Edit. Just double checked to be safe.
    You don't actually need to got to gear icon.
    When open diary, the arrows are on left side of journal already so just tap them and cloud save upload/download and further profile options.
    I checked on closing it and removing from multitasking and reopened and it started in same place so I'm assuming there is auto save at shutdown. That's an assumption though but it does seem to behave that way.
    Note doing that method doesn't upload to cloud so I do recommend the upload to cloud option every time you close it.
    The cloud save is an excellent system that I find much more reliable than an auto upload sync.

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Geez man thanks!

4. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Great tips! Much appreciated.

5. amywong

amywong Member

Jan 29, 2015
    The graphics in this game are really beautiful. Are you using "metal"? It doesn't seem like lots of games take advantage of it.

6. dotout

dotout Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Male
    Jack of all trades at Atypical Games
    Bucharest
    Yes, on devices running Metal it is using it and it makes quite a difference, we were able to put things like Ambient Occlusion, underwater caustics, better shadows, stuff usually just PCs get.

Also small update on the sliding issue, I believe we have a fix. We will be submitting an update as soon as possible. That should improve everyone's experience.

Cheers

7. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Two question to devs and users:
    1) is there some way to craft or wear some masks, like gas-masks or so?
    2) what vehicles are availabe to use?

Thank you in advance.

8. paulkolin86

paulkolin86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Ok guyz. Here is one tip from me. Craft a shovel asap and start digging. The digging spots are shown on the map. This way u can get cool stuff and weapons which are really necessary to survive.

Developers....THANK YOU 4 THIS BRILLIANT GAME! IOS needed it! ;)

BTW. I've been playing this game all day ( i got that opportunity today ) and at the moment I know it will take me much more than 40 hours to finish it. I've closed only 3 of 19 towers so far.

9. dotout

dotout Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Male
    Jack of all trades at Atypical Games
    Bucharest

1) there's helmets and a radiation suit. If the game proves to be a success we'll be adding more items to it.

2) we only have two vehicles right now, a canoe, to use on water and a glider. Glider is more fun then canoe :)

10. paulkolin86

Nov 9, 2012
    1- i think u can craft some types of helmets, not masks.
    2- as far as I know there is a glider only ( when I use it i feel like I was playing Far Cry 3)

Edit : yep i forgot about the canoe :p

11. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Nice about shovels. I didnt even know about any towers? What do they do?

12. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    So, my dude is sooo hungry. He just wanna eat and eat and eat and...I constantly have to give him all kinds of crap, like fish, fruit, meat whatever. I can't see his body, perhaps he's a fat dude? But still, a tweak to remove the feeding thing, or slow it down, so you could concentrate on the actual game a bit more would be awesome. :)

13. Keitch83

Keitch83 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Fantastic game, I would say that maybe the food consumption needs balancing?15 bananas and 12 pineapples in a day?Hungry hungry!

14. Keitch83

Keitch83 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Sorry am aware I just basically repeated the post above. I second it though!

15. paulkolin86

Nov 9, 2012
    Check the map and look for the TESLA TOWERS. You have to disable them.I've disabled only 3 of 19 so far. Don't wanna spoil anything so just reach those spots and look for notes...

16. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Cook meat in furnace, fully refills you and during a day cycle i only have to feed around 6 or 7. It seems that the more walking/working you do, the more the hunger timer goes down, which makes it more life like. I've noticed while chopping trees or picking rocks, the hunger moves faster... Or I could also be crazy

17. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Your post reminded me of the settings in Project Zombiod. :)

Easily my favorite 'Zombie' game.

[​IMG]

18. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Thank you so much for your quick and kind answer. What kind of helmets? Do you plan to add a cabin motor boat like that in far cry 2?

19. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Man the game is kind of hard lol. I cant even kill some wolves!

20. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015