Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    No one knows how zombies will act ! Some films zombies walk soooo slow, films like 28 Days Later they're fast as anything. Agree with some of your points but 'super zombies' who can say smell humans from miles away isnt bad, be boring if all zombies walked so slowly like 'stereotypical zombies' you see in films. But theres no written rule on how a zombie will act

2. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    It isn't bothering me too much - yet - but I agree it's kinda... simplistic. They don't seem to automatically attack you every time the moment they see you, and you can escape (though you have to run quite some way!) but it's certainly close. Again, I'd carry on playing even if the devs never tweaked this, but I can understand it putting other people off.

3. yoshthug

yoshthug Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Chicago
    lmao!!

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    How do you save? Does it just save on closing the app?

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I sooooooo agreeee! My eye doctor told me so too! Did your eye doctor tell you that too? OMG maybe our doctors are twins! OMG they are both doctors too!

6. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    Framerate seems to dip a lot more in my iPad air 2 opposed to my iPhone 5s anyone else having this issue?

7. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    These zombies are on a radiation island, it improved their line of sight being here for so long.

8. Frumius

Frumius Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    On my iPad 3 it is 1.4 GB.

9. fili_1982

fili_1982 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Programmer
    Romania
    They have X-Ray sight, Y-Ray hearing and Z-Ray smell.

10. Frumius

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    It seems like you'd have to expect that when you compare one device with another so many generations faster.

11. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Does the game have some sort of structure as in a story with missions? (Kind of like Far Cry)

12. Frumius

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
  13. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I'm using an iPad Air 2, too and thinking about buying this.
    Anyone else else having issues on that device?

14. NFCT

NFCT Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    Chernobyl
    Game is great!
    Could use some very minor tweaks in future updates, but out the box this is how a game should be.
    Premium, no iap, beautiful world to explore, decent frame rate, intuitive ui, and over all well worth the purchase price.

A nice hybrid of exploring, crafting, fighting, and at times running for dear life. Think minecraft, meets fallout, meets DayZ.
    2 additional difficulty modes to choose from for those that just want to explore, and those that want a brutal challenge. Plus a multiplayer mode that unlocks when you beat the campaign.

For those on the fence, I highly recommend the game.

15. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    ?

Still trying to figure out how to save... :eek:

16. MarleySage

MarleySage Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Mine runs smooth & looks great on. My air 2

17. waffer15

waffer15 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Jesus guys calm down its just an opinion. All I'm saying is you can't sneak by anything. The enemies detection and attack system is very simple and could use a bit more complexity. I'm just saying that it would be better if they had ssmaller sight lines and it was possible to sneak by them.

18. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    I'm using air 2 and 5s and have no issues

19. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Back to sliding around on ice and closing and opening doesn't seem to help. Hopefully a quick patch will fix.

Controller gameplay isn't great. Look is way too slow with it.

Otherwise game is very interesting and fun and look forward to future updates.

Definitely recommend for the low price.

20. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #140 Vovin, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    1. If you're dying easily because of wolves, first thing to do is run to the building on the hill where the wolves are, near the beach. There are 3 chests, and in one you always find either medicine or bandages (4-5 of each), which cure the bleeding instantly. After that, run over to the facility-like building which has also 2 chests. There's sometimes a bow and arrows as well as other useful stuff. That gives you a good starting equipment. Kill some wolves then and make a backpack, then you won't have serious problems anymore.

2. Battery drain: played straight for 2.5 hrs on my iP6 (which got warm but not hot), then the battery was at 18%.

3. put the touch control sensitivity to 30%, greatly improved movement and steering for me.

4. if you go into close combat with wolves (or bears), slowly move backwards while trying to hit the wolves. This lets you dodge some attacks.

5. The farm behind the facility has 5-6 more chests and is mutant-free. Normally, you get your first rifle and some ammo there.